What is it?

How do I do it?

Why?

Practicalities:

Combos:

Practice:

Examples:

What is it?

Dash Splitting is named for the concept of “splitting” a dash’s input (forward forward) with a break of (back + FD) between the forward’s and still having the ability to dash.

How do I do it?

1player side:

2146+[K],4+,6

DS = 2146+[K],4+,6

Why?

To perform an IAD combo w/ Bridget, there is 3 frames start-up to every jump. If you were to pause the game, these 3 frames are the exact same as the start-up for crouching as well.

What I am saying is f.S~6S~IAD~j.P takes 3 frames to leave the ground and thus doesn’t leave the opponent in enough hit stun to connect the j.P w/ beat.

When you initiate a rolling idou (214+K) .From frame 2 on, you can cancel into any action other than blocking, air dashing and double jumping. This means at frames 2 you can FD, woot. Which I am sure everyone knows. That’s why you get your 3rd and 4th jump w/ Bridget, it just carries over the initial vertical vector from the roll when you FD. By FD’ing at frame 2 you leave the “rolling state” and then are left just aerial. Because you are simply aerial you can then double jump, dash, and block.

Note: We can then Air Dash at the same height as the IAD, we just simply left the ground faster.

What I am saying is f.s~6S~2146+[K],4+, 6~j.P takes away the 3 frames of jump start-up to leave the ground and thus leaves the opponent in enough hit stun from your 6S to connect a j.P w/ beat.

Practicalities:

No, lol. I have only ever seen this in 4 match video’s. This is completely unnecessary to win and 100% combo video worthy. I have dropped combo’s hardcore when attempting to use this in an actual fight. But , ironically, in jp land. If you dash split w/ beat your vid will still be posted up b/c it’s still awesome input/spacing skills. Lesson, if you really want a tourney vid of yourself up just dash split and win or lose your vid’ll go up =P

Combos:

Note: This combo only works on tall characters.

The only one I can recreate in training is my example above

6S~DS~j.P

These work as well

1) c.S(1)~DS~j.P~j.S~j.2S~c.S(1) loop

2) f.s~DS~j.P

Practice:

Isolating the Dash Split

To practice lest just do a dash split from the ground.

Only input this

6[K]~4~( ]K[ + ]S[ ) ~ 6

6K buffer K ~ 4S buffer S ~ release both simultaneously ~ 6

Bridget should FD then activate her FULL RUN w/ no start up, pretty cool a.

Once you get this down you are 80% there. The mental block is pretty easy to get over once your here b/c once you can do this all that's left is a half circle back and a j.P

Grouping

For terminology sake 6[K]~4~( ]K[ + ]S[ ) ~ 6 is the actual Dash Splitting.

The grouping we've found to work best is this

63214~N~Dash Split~N~ j.P

empty half circle back as a pre buffer, during your c.S

The practiced Dash Split(full run from FD)

J.p later in the air dash

Examples:

2:22 and 2:43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLisfHSLpwc

Update

While Dash Splitting on the ground you never have to release the buffers.

Ground :

[K],6~4~6

Air:

You have to release the K and S before the last 6.

[K]~6~4~ ]K[ + ]S[ ~6

Another roll dash splitting shortcut

214(6+[K]+)~4~(release)~6

I spent 3 hours with this last night. It feels like raging demon once you get it down. It can be input any pace, as long as it's precise: it works. Although it's BUSY input, slowing down helps. Making this beast less... overwhelming. 63214~6[K+S], 4, 6, J.P I'm positive that you can still buffer buttons and make this work. =P Even than... this is just way too much for minimal reward. Damn, it's so enticing, yet pointless...

finally got this dash-splitting thing done on my psv, a big thank you to Jais, couldn't have made it without this post.

so here are some videos I made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4_fiscwuOk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2i0dJOrnRY

and technically this one is not dash splitting, but I still think it's quite useful in actual fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAfKQdCT1hM

Thanks for watching 0v0

Sign in to follow this