Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moroha

A.B.A ACCENT CORE Matchups Thread!

oh, and on a side note - that matchup chart you are using is ANCIENT. better get rid of those numbers in the matchup threads.

yeah this is basically what i've been trying to say this whole time. in my matchup threads i stuck with the chart just for the sake of consistency, but you are right.

Also, good stuff and thanks a lot guys, though I disagree with it being even. Mainly because it's still hard to enter Moroha in the first place, and (minor factor but still) Danzai is less safe than in many other matchups since he can easily hammerfall you after blocking the 1st hit. But I could see 4.5/5.5 rather than 4/6.

Pot vs. ABA is in Pot's favor because one mistake and it can absolutely be over for you depending on the match state and getting into Moroha can be real dicey thanks to Slide Head. Potemkin can get hit three times, but ABA's Moroha mobility and large hitboxes def give her the ability to win matches vs Pot; you just have to play tight and always, ALWAYS respect (and bait) the dreaded backdash. If Pot v Slayer is 6/4, Pot v ABA is probably like 5.5/4.5. Testament is tough to get into Moroha; you really don't want to dry BP unless you feel really good about it. Stringing into it via 5H is generally the way to go here, since he can catch you with a variety of moves if he's watching. You need to play extremely patient and watch this man carefully. Getting KDed means you have to deal with his hi.low.throw, and of course every chunk of 25% tension is another guess into knockdown into reset all over again. Remember where every zeinest and hitomi is. 5H, 2S, 5P, j.K, j.P, and sometimes j.S and j.H should be used to disable traps. Bait 2Hs, unconfirmed random Badlands, remember he has Warrant and her high damaging throws eat Warrants all day long. Make sure that when you do want to meaty an attack, you meaty it, because if they do Fwd EXE and it's not a meaty, unless it's like an oki Danzai (lol) you'll trade and trading with Fwd EXE means you get CHed for a knockdown. I use Danzais less against Testaments, though it is obv situationally useful. Still, I enjoy Testament vs ABA, because winning it is always rewarding. Beating a Slayer is like I smashed him harder than he smashed me, beating a Potemkin is like I played really solid, beating a Johnny is like wow that was free. But beating a Testament is pretty rewarding, since you have to struggle to get into Moroha, fight your way patiently through his garden, and dissect his extremely solid zoning game he works to protect and command piece by piece to land the hit(s) you need to win while blocking his mixups.