Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qwerty

Virtua Fighter 5: FINAL SHOWDOWN

VF5R wasn't brought over because virtua fighter isn't very popular in the west....:(

True, but them not even making a console port for Japan like a lot of companies on top of what they did with the arcade version so people outside of Japan can't even play the game period if they wanted to without a lot of cash and technical knowledge is throwing me off and making me think that Sega would really do something like wait two years, skip a version, and port the latest version.

True, but them not even making a console port for Japan like a lot of companies on top of what they did with the arcade version so people outside of Japan can't even play the game period if they wanted to without a lot of cash and technical knowledge is throwing me off and making me think that Sega would really do something like wait two years, skip a version, and port the latest version.

you actually can't play 5r outside of japan at all; 5r cabs and boards are only available for lease within japan.

also, it was said many years ago by yu suzuki that virtua fighter would probably end at 5. perhaps the subtitle is indicative of that...

you actually can't play 5r outside of japan at all; 5r cabs and boards are only available for lease within japan.

also, it was said many years ago by yu suzuki that virtua fighter would probably end at 5. perhaps the subtitle is indicative of that...

IIRC, for the game to work, you needed connection to sega's/whoever's site, which is japan exclusive because Sega is just that ass backwards, and that's why buying a kit wouldn't work. So, one would need to somehow obtain a board, the kit/software, and either fool the site into thinking your from japan, or fool the software's security, at which point it would be possible to play the game.

However, this is besides the point, point being that Sega is a company in the business of selling video games that is seemingly doing everything within their power to prevent would be customers from buying a game they're trying to sell.

It would make sense having Sega end the franchise here. What with Tekken likely being much more profitable for them and their fear of VF taking success away from Tekken.

It would make sense having Sega end the franchise here. What with Tekken likely being much more profitable for them and their fear of VF taking success away from Tekken.

What? :psyduck:

I didn't know Sega profited from Bamco's games

Anyways sweetness on new installment, long as it includes a new character or two, but gameplay wise I'm liking what the vid showed and hope they bring this to consoles. And on the series ending, honestly I hate it when stuff goes over 3, 5 is pushing it. They should just make a new series and either guest star characters from VF or just make the new characters kinda like them.

What? :psyduck:

I didn't know Sega profited from Bamco's games

I read from somewhere that that was a reason, which gave me the impression that they had a stake in both series somewhere. I gotta stop assuming people know what they're talking about when it comes to fighting games which I never do in any other subject. :/

Anywho, I always respected VF but never really felt the urge to play the games. been thinking 'bout playing the game till the 5r bullshit happened. If this gets ported, I'll give it a try.

I guarantee you guys that once the final arcade revision comes out then it'll make its way to the PS360 just like Tekken 6 on consoles is the Bloodline Rebellion revision. It might not get localized but it will come out.

Fighting Vipers 3 :v:

That Is Not Funny...I've been waiting for a new Fighter Vipers 3 or Fighters Megamix 2.

system changes in the location test include:

- removal of 0f throw situations and throw clash

- all low throws are mapped to 1/2/3 P+G (yes, this does mean less directions for eteg and throw breaks in general)

it's unknown at this point whether or not throws have been sped up (since they were slowed down in 5/5r to accommodate for 0f throws), but i would say it's safe to assume they're back to vf4 status of 8 frame startup.

i'm not sure if i like having low throws mapped to a direction like that- it sounds very tekkenish to me, but i guess we'll see.

past that, some characters are so different that people are already switching mains.

perhaps. they have made the throw game less difficult in lowering the number of throw directions, but at the same time this game seems focused on high risk for high reward on just about everything.

if you ask me, vf is no harder to learn than gg.

Will this be easier to play then the other Virtua Fighters? I never got into the series because the others were to damn hard to learn.

No it won't. And if you wanna learn VF pick up VF4 EVO & spend time in the games absolutely perfect training mode. More games seriously need to start using that.

the actual virtua stick pro? where do you even find those anymore?

and, lucky for you, much of what was changed between 4e and 5 no longer applies in fs.

lol, i tried ordering a virtua stick from them three years ago.

the payment went through, but then they sent me an email saying they were actually out of stock and reimbursed me.

hope you have better luck though!