Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

choysauce

Socal: Arcade Infinity! Let's Match it UP

The 'UPPER'-CUT Tournament, Dallas/Fort Worth, TX May 7th-8th $1000+ Bonus SSF4

THE ‘UPPER’-CUT TOURNAMENT is where you PLAY MORE and get PAID MORE!!!

--When--

Saturday - Sunday, May 7th-8th

We have run a lot of tournaments and have a reputation for starting on time, so don’t be late!!!!!!!!

--Where--

Homewood Suites by HILTON

3701 Tanacross Dr

Fort Worth, TX 76137

Map

Not far from DFW airport

Every room is a suite for an $89 special.

When reserving your room just mention you are with the 'UPPER'-CUT tournament for the discounted rate.

Complimentary full, hot breakfast!!!!

**Each one bedroom room has two CRT’s! two beds, full kitchen with refrigerator and freezer, stove top, sink, and microwave!!!!**

We will have a group rate code soon….

--Tournament Schedule--

Saturday:

SSF4 singles down to Top 8 @ 2:00 pm

Tekken down to Top 8 @ 2:00 pm

BLAZBLUE will start after the first pool of SSF4 is finished ~ 5:00pm

POOL PARTY with music (DJ) and cookout! Invite your girls to come out and party @ 10:00pm-12:00 am

Sunday:

SSF4 3v3 teams @ 10:00am!

Mortal Kombat 9 @ 10:00am!

King of Fighters 13 (if released/import) @ 10:00am!

Arcana Heart 3 after KoF

Marvel v Capcom 3 @ 11:00am

Tekken Top 8 ~ 2:00pm

Marvel Top 8 ~ 4:00pm

SSF4 Top 8 ~ 6:00pm

--Venue Fee/Entry Fees/Games--

There will be a one time $25 venue fee when you sign up.

SSF4 $1000 pot Bonus+------------------- $10 on XBOX

TEKKEN 6 ------------------------------------- $10 on PS3

BLAZBLUE:CS ---------------------------------$10 on XBOX

SSF4 3v3 ----- -------------------------------- $5 per team member ($15 a team) on XBOX

Mortal Kombat 9 ------------------------------$10 on PS3

King of Fighters 13 (import)--------------------$10 on PS3

Arcana Heart 3 (import)-----------------------$10 on PS3

Marvel v Capcom 3----------------------------$10 on XBOX

--REDEMPTION TOURNEYS--

Not satisfied with your performance in the main tournaments? Wanna make some money against a smaller field? We will be holding 8 man double elimination side tournaments for SSF4! Only if you get eliminated out of the main event can you participate. The first 8 players to sign up begin the first side tourney. We will be doing this repeatedly all day long every day (every time we get another 8 people signed up, another tourney will begin!) $10 per player Winner takes all $80!!!!

Tournament format is Double Elimination for all games. Any tournament that exceeds 100 entrants will pay out top 8 spots and all others will pay out usual 70/20/10 (except REDEMPTION Tourneys which is 100% to winner).

--PIMP MY STICK CONTEST--

Think your stick is pretty pimp? Well, show it off at 'UPPER'-CUT and see who's is the pimpest. Prizes will be supplied by our sponsors. Resident celebrity judges will impartially judge the contest.

--Details--

16 Asus Screens: The same ones used at EVO to ensure NO LAG and that the tournament moves along quickly. Side redemption tourneys will be run on CRTs.

***Please, bring your own controllers to facilitate with the speed of the tournament.***

Top 8 Played on a Head to Head set up and projected onto two big screens for everyone to watch with ease, with a very special surprise for all! Trust us, you won’t want to miss this TOP 8!!!

ALL TOURNAMENT ORGANIZERS that have flyers for your upcoming events, we will flyer for you at ‘UPPER’-CUT and we will also post your event on our calendar of events in the room.

--Jeff (pkrstdnt) and Kent (FocusFlute)

Food without crossing the street:

Texas Roadhouse

Thaya Thai

IHOP

Convenient Store

Subway

Waffle House

Anita Donuts

Overtime Bar & Grill

Big Joe’s Pizza and Pasta

Ink Pit Tattoos and Piercings

Within one mile (all are on the same road and some will deliver to your room):

Papa John’s

Taco Bueno

Taco Bell

Taco Cabana

Whataburger

Arby’s

Luby’s

Panda Express

Jack in the Box

Sonic

Schlotzky’s

Starbucks

Los Mocajetes Mexican Restaurant

Eastern Kitchen Chinese Buffet

KFC

Long John Silver’s/A&W

On adjacent road 3 miles away:

Macaroni Grill

Chili’s

Saltgrass Steakhouse

Rosa’s Café

Shady Oak BBQ

Flips Grill and Tavern

MK’s Sushi

Genghis Grill

Joe’s Crab Shack

Wendy’s

Braums

Quizno’s

Wing Stop

Boston’s

Popeyes

R.I.P. AI. Was fun while it lasted (and it lasted quite a while)...

1) Really late Happy Holidays to everyone!

2) GG to everyone who showed up to AI Monday Night.

3) I'm really going to miss this place :[ I'm totally going to again sometime this week, while I can.

Edit: Just heard that it's officially closing Dec. 31st.

Yeaaah oh man i'm totally bummed that AI is closing! :[ I was just getting started with going there on some sort of bi weeklyish basis!

For anyone else wondering, here's the post about AI and the Dec 31st date: srk post

AND as on last hurrah for the closing of AI, it looks like they're also holding a big ass ssf4 tourny thing. Link here for more information.

WHICH makes me think we should get together whoever is in the area for one last hype for GG/BB AI Tournament or get together! Thoughts? Thoughts?

We should totally get together for one final epic or not so epic Guilty Gear and Blazeblue gathering/tourney. I am totally down to go if I don't have to work. Will miss the place T_T. Had so many ass beatings there that taught me a lot and made me realize how terrible I was.

We should totally get together for one final epic or not so epic Guilty Gear and Blazeblue gathering/tourney. I am totally down to go if I don't have to work. Will miss the place T_T. Had so many ass beatings there that taught me a lot and made me realize how terrible I was.

Yee! Let's do it. Supposedly it closes the 31st according to Sanoshi..

So we better do it ASAP.

Late happy holidays to everyone.

Unhappy time for AI. Will miss this place. Been going for 10 years. Lots of memories.

Will be looking forward to any last hurrah being thrown

Def hoping they relocate. :[

But hey guys! Jason and I are heading over to AI Thur Night! With the their "official closing date" being the 31st, we decided to head over there together just in case they do get kicked out and stuff in Jan. So! Whoever is free that night, we hope to see a lot of familiar faces there! (I'd say bring a couple of drinks/let's go drinking- but i know some of you guys have to drive XD)

edit: Oh! Clarification on the closing date post here: srk post

basically, they let them stay pass their lease date. So it'll be open til Jan 15, i'm assuming!

It's also a great excuse for getting rid of all these tokens. And I'm especially willing to take on all challengers in CvS2. Also, someone said that AI put Jewpuncher back in, which I've never played away from my keyboard before, so that'll be interesting to do. ...And I guess I also haven't played it in like three years. But whatever.

I've heard that their lease is up on the 31st so they could POSSIBLY get kicked out anytime after the 31st (I'm actually assuming they will be :/), but that being said, I AM GOING TO TRY AND GO ON THURSDAY, USE ALL MY TOKENS, GET MORE TOKENS THEN USE ALL OF THOSE D:

Also for those who are Facebook savvy: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=134465213280491

GAAAAAAH WE'RE DEF GOING. BIG AI PARTY >_< LET'S DO THISSS. Should we put this up in the Event Announcements?

USE ALL YOUR TOKENSSSS

Go this Thursday toooooooooooooooooo. I don't want to wait until that Jan. 15th date then find out they actually got kicked out! D: Tentatively, getting 8 or so people for BB/GG/SF4 shenanigans.

*___* I know! That'd realllly suck if they did, so me and Jason are still going too~ Hopefully we can visit 2 more times before the Jan 15th date!

I think i'll make a thread for the AI End of Era thing in the Event Announcement! :[ It totally deserves one!