shtkn

The "Picking a Main" thread

If you:

• like grapple characters, such as Zangief or Daimon,
  • want to catch the opponent off guard and inflict 50% plus damage,
  • don't care about using a low tier character,
  • don't mind the negative feedback you'll get occasionally,
  • want to plow through noobies,
  • and/or want to use tech traps, tick throws, and gadget finger shenanigans to drive your opponent insane,
then Iron Tager is the character for you. :eng101:

Couldn't have put that better my self

Be manly

use :TG:

I hate to go off-topic, but Rachel doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as thought. She actually seems fine, albeit she isn't CT Rachel.

For CS Litchi. If you: - Favor a versatile and flexible character who can rushdown, turtle, or zone along with a handful of tools and decisions always at your disposal - Seek to dominate the field with superior range, and an excellent risk-reward game to back it up - Want a character who has both flashy and damaging combos that end in some of the scariest oki in the game - Prefer to control the flow of the match, while also being able to reverse the momentum in many unfavorable situations - Like a character who is easy to learn but difficult to master BASICALLY IF YOU LIKE A CHARACTER WHO CAN DO ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING AND MAKE YOUR OPPONENTS FROWN AFTER YOU CRUSH THEIR SOUL BY FACEROLLING ON THE BUTTONS Then CS :LI: is the way to go.

For Haku-men If you: - Like simplistic but damaging combos. - Want to be a heavy hitter but dislike grapplers and 360 motions. - Fancy yourself as a psychic. - Want your enemies to come to you for fear of letting you charge up your attacks unimpeded Then choose Hakumen

If you:

• Like fishing for counterhits
  • Like having arguably the best damage output in the game
  • Like cat girls
  • Like being able to get out of corner with the press of a button
Play CTPosted Image

If you:

• Like having the best damage output in the game
  • Like having an annoying projectile
  • Like people rage quitting after doing taunt loop for a minute straight
  • Have patience learning combos
Play CS Posted Image

If you:

• Like zoning. A lot.
  • Like high-damage combo's that are very attainable, and easy to learn
  • Like wall looping
  • Like being a control freak
  • Like having plenty of projectile options
  • Like "Robot chick that shoots laser swords" -Goryus
  • Like GUNDAM XD
Play Lambda :3

ok stop making these "if you..." posts unless you've got something intelligent to say that hasn't been said already. We don't need 4 people saying "play tager if you like grapplers"

If you like Charge characters- don't play BlazBlue until BBCR; Unless you consider Tao's 26D or Noel and Jin's Astral Heats enough for your needs. Also, we haven't had a Tsubaki post: = Valkyrie profile = Going blind = Love your job > your friends = Love being Hazama's toy = Playing peekaboo with your statue-like clothing = Gives Carl his first special opening + Noel's speedy playstyle but faster ++ Too fast to predict attacks + Maintaining a bar that gives you access to more/stronger attacks ++ Need something to do between combos ++ Air stalling + Invincible and fast DPs + Rushdown tactics - Terrible range - Straightforward and predictable approach/ strategy - Low damage per hit - A useless dragon install super even if deployed at full bar - A fresh user base that is still developing the character's tactics and combos Pick that one chick.

Some people pick their characters based on their strengths, so undecided people check out: BBCS Character Analysis.

It gives a review of each character's abilities in different areas (Pressure, Damage, Defense, etc.) and gives an idea of what the character is all about. So if you're on the fence read up!:eng101:

If you want to check out different characters in high level action, check out: Blazblue: Continuum Shift Video Posting Thread.

Videos of tournaments and other high level play are uploaded regularly, so take a look and see if anything inspires you to pick up a character!:toot:

lol I wonder if these people even play Noel.

High unpredictable? lmao

lol I wonder if these people even play Noel.

High unpredictable? lmao

Is there really a character thats "unpredictable"? After fighting people over and over i figure it all just becomes obvious. Its like how bad tagers start jumping when they have 50% heat......:eng101:

I was attracted to Nu and Arakune when I first picked up BlazBlue, enjoying their mobility, range and control. After coming on Dustloop and hearing everyone rant about how OP both of them are I wonder if I only liked playing them because they made me good. What is a good way to tell if it's the character or the player winning matches?

Nu takes little skill to play and win with, so the best way to tell how good a player is with Nu is by how smartly they use D swords for zoning and (A,B) C attacks for pressure.

Arakune is actually hard to learn, but he's OP because of his one-shot curse that he can reset at anytime. Best way to tell if it's skill is if he utilizes full use of his pre-curse tools to set up curse and knows how to use the bugs in a combo (6C loop for example).

This is IMO though, people can give different answers to the same question.

true. to tell if the person is a good tager is how well he uses magnetism tech traps. Also another way of telling is if he takes full advantage of a counter hit and ibs very well

My favorite way to tell if somebody knows anything is to pick Tager. Players who just mash, play brain-dead, or otherwise don't really know what they're doing get destroyed by a competent Tager. Good player's rip his science gauntlets off and beat him with them.