shtkn

The "Picking a Main" thread

New guy here is trying to pick up a character in P4U but you guys are arguing about Tsubaki pros and cons. Save that for her boards and don't derail the topic of helping out individuals. Honestly speaking at least the last 8 post can be erased as if they never existed.

On another note for P4U characters as a person who's a spectator for most of the combat I would suggest Mitsuru would be up your alley as flashy or stand-out with not so much demanding execution in my opinion. I believe her only downside was being a charge character in my opinion.

Why is being a charge character a downside? o.O

Tools not being readily available all the time, because they require time

In the case of Mitsuru, it's not really an issue imo. Practically all of your tools that you would want immediately are available immediately, or you can plan ahead for cout droit.

Actually that half second difference can be an issue, but Charge character have different gameplan (always buffering input) to minimize those issue compared non charge character which can be a plus, since when u didn't do anything, charge character always blocking.

And it's not "u can plan a head" but "u MUST plan a head" for charge character.

People act like charge times are long in P4A. Mitsuru isn't exactly Guile. You don't really have to wait a long time, especially not compared to SF.

Hey, I've played BB and GG for a good amount of time(but on the PSP, so only AI fights :/), and I was going to go for P4A. Still haven't actually bought it, though. :sweatdrop:

I mained Hazama and Hakumen, with Jin and Tager as the main-subs. In GG, I mained Robo and Slayer, with Ky as a sub.

I guess I like the "stand-out" characters the msot, but ones that aren't too execution-heavy.

Who would you recommend?

I'm a Hazama main, and instantly went for Yukiko in P4A when I played it at a friends house. I tell myself it's because their zoning angles are similar, but I'm pretty sure I did it because they both look hot.

Hey, I've played BB and GG for a good amount of time(but on the PSP, so only AI fights :/), and I was going to go for P4A. Still haven't actually bought it, though. :sweatdrop:

I mained Hazama and Hakumen, with Jin and Tager as the main-subs. In GG, I mained Robo and Slayer, with Ky as a sub.

I guess I like the "stand-out" characters the msot, but ones that aren't too execution-heavy.

Who would you recommend?

Lucky for you, nobody in P4A is execution-heavy! If you've spent some time digging into intermediate-level mechanics and combos in GG, you should find P4A to be a pretty easy pick-up.

I would look at Labrys. She has big, powerful attacks (like Slayer and Hakumen) and a focus on momentum and meter-building with her Axe gauge (similar to what Robo-Ky needs to do with his heat gauge). Yu might also be good for you if you enjoy shoto-style characters like Jin and Ky.

Edited by Silmerion

Alright, thanks for the suggestions.

As soon as I get a working TV and the game, I'll try playing Mitsuru, Yukiko, and Labrys and see which ones I have the most fun with. :)

So I've been training with tsubaki for a couple of days and getting used to her moves, movements, combos and the games mechanics lol and of about the 50 matches online I've won about 10 lol... So i definitely wouldn't group her in as being easy at least for me being a noob. The hardest part about her is knowing when to start building her resource because of how punishable it is when used at the wrong time. But bright side is her combos are easy lol. BUT I have to say being destroyed by endless streams of Ragna online is pretty frusrating and the fact that i do like no damage when I don't get a counter hit or have resource sucks lol.... Makes me just wanna give up and use Ragna but i won't haha going to stick it through.

Ragna is essentially a better Tsubaki. He topples her in pretty much every aspect.

But hey. I respect a good Tsubaki in EX. Stick with it.

Ragna is essentially a better Tsubaki. He topples her in pretty much every aspect.

I'd like to say this isn't true, but it absolutely is in Extend. He has better normals, better mixup, way better damage, and a better install super. As a result, he's actually one of Tsubaki's worst matchups.

I should have specified that it only applies in Extend.

I'm baffled as to why nobody plays Bang. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should have specified that it only applies in Extend.

I'm baffled as to why nobody plays Bang. :(

They do.

So I'm most comfortable with technical characters (Zero, Hawkeye, Strider, etc.)

So who in P4A, GG, and BB would be a good fit for me? I tried P4A at EVO on Sunday and I think I'll pick it up. I may get X-rd and CP when they come out as well.

(Apologies if I reply late, Kyocera Rise is the worst smartphone. :l)

So I'm most comfortable with technical characters (Zero, Hawkeye, Strider, etc.)

So who in P4A, GG, and BB would be a good fit for me? I tried P4A at EVO on Sunday and I think I'll pick it up. I may get X-rd and CP when they come out as well.

(Apologies if I reply late, Kyocera Rise is the worst smartphone. :l)

No one in P4A is very technical, but I think you'd most enjoy Aigis, Yosuke, or Akihiko. Aigis and Yosuke both have some intricate movement options; Aigis and Akihiko have a wide variety of combos to learn, and Akihiko in particular must know when and where to use each of his myriad B&B variations; and Aigis must manage her limited Orgia meter to optimize her damage output and offense.

In Guilty Gear, many characters are very mechanically complex. I-No has some very tough motions and the hardest FRC in the game; in my opinion, if you're looking for someone very technical and involved, she's your best bet. Johnny will test your ability to feel out combos on the fly and connect with tight links. Bridget requires a very firm grasp of his many movement options. Robo-Ky has some tough FRCs and a very intense meter management game. Optimal Slayer combos are full of difficult links. Eddie commands his shadow by negative edging, so playing him well is a lot of buffering inputs at the right time. Zappa must coordinate his button presses well with the dog summon.

Edited by Silmerion

As for blazblue, the most technical character is probably Litchi. She is a stance character who revolves a lot around setting her staff in the right places and releasing it at the right times. She's very hard to learn but it all pays off in the end.

Welcome to Dustloop Millicent!

I would like to congratulate you on not making a new thread!

Who do you main, and what games do you play?

One of my best friends wants to get into Anime games, he wanted persona but ultimately he decided to try BB since CP is coming out soon. The thing is, he comes from SF/CvS2 games, he's very adaptable but wants a character that matches his style in those games which is "neutral game heavy and punish your mistakes during that part" so who can I reccomend him to use in CP? I'm a bit lost here, I thought Mu-12 since he's zoning-ish with good pokes which is what he liked, but I'd like to hear others' opinions too. Thanks.

One of my best friends wants to get into Anime games, he wanted persona but ultimately he decided to try BB since CP is coming out soon. The thing is, he comes from SF/CvS2 games, he's very adaptable but wants a character that matches his style in those games which is "neutral game heavy and punish your mistakes during that part" so who can I reccomend him to use in CP? I'm a bit lost here, I thought Mu-12 since he's zoning-ish with good pokes which is what he liked, but I'd like to hear others' opinions too. Thanks.

Ragna and Makoto are both footsies heavy characters that capitalize a lot off whiff punishes. Ragna being the easier and stronger of the two, Makoto being a little more unique.

Hakumen.