shtkn

The "Picking a Main" thread

Hey everyone, LordMashacre here. I've been playing fighting games for a bit over a year seriously and I'm trying to get into airdash games in general. I like charge characters, I find them simple and fun. As a result, I'm using Guile in ST/SF4 and I'm learning May in GG. My local scene has been going bath salts crazy over BB and I've decided to give it another shot. Who would you recommend in the game?

While I like charge characters, I'll use anyone annoy who can enrage my opponent easily. May does this by being annoying and pushing buttons in the air while Guile punishes people for bad decisions. I won't lie, I like trolling in games :).

Hey everyone, LordMashacre here. I've been playing fighting games for a bit over a year seriously and I'm trying to get into airdash games in general. I like charge characters, I find them simple and fun. As a result, I'm using Guile in ST/SF4 and I'm learning May in GG. My local scene has been going bath salts crazy over BB and I've decided to give it another shot. Who would you recommend in the game?

While I like charge characters, I'll use anyone annoy who can enrage my opponent easily. May does this by being annoying and pushing buttons in the air while Guile punishes people for bad decisions. I won't lie, I like trolling in games :).

Kagura. Easily.

He's a charge character, and he's pretty annoying to fight. People fighting Kagura have to be really patient and calm or his flash kick will just blow everyone up.

If you only care about making people feel maximum salt and trolling as much as possible, then play Arakune. I assure you, there are few legitimate characters that you could pick in any fighting game that will make people as upset as Ara. I used to get boo'd to winning games when I was at my peak with him during early CS2.

Edit: Oh, and Hakumen. Haku is very defensive with big normals, makes people very upset with quick easy damage. I'm sure you'll like one of those 3. Try them out.

Kagura. Easily.

He's a charge character, and he's pretty annoying to fight. People fighting Kagura have to be really patient and calm or his flash kick will just blow everyone up.

If you only care about making people feel maximum salt and trolling as much as possible, then play Arakune. I assure you, there are few legitimate characters that you could pick in any fighting game that will make people as upset as Ara. I used to get boo'd to winning games when I was at my peak with him during early CS2.

Edit: Oh, and Hakumen. Haku is very defensive with big normals, makes people very upset with quick easy damage. I'm sure you'll like one of those 3. Try them out.

Thanks, I'll be sure to try them all out! I don't know about Arakune though, from what I've seen, I might get into physical altercations with other players of the fighting game variety if I use that much trollery. Plus, dude looks like he has some really stupid stuff going on.

just recently picked up BBCP, I want to get a bit more serious about the game after being a more casual player of Extend.  The first step is obviously choosing a main.  I generally like faster characters who can easily rush in and put on the pressure/mixups/oki.  I do also like my characters to have some ranged options, either with longer-ranged attacks or projectiles.  And of course, I'm not very good at execution and don't have a TON of time to put into the game, so ease of use is a big factor.  I mained Cammy in SF4, Chie in P4A, and Millia in GG, and am definitely comfortable with them.

Characters I may want to use:

Jin - I don't personally like him that much, but he's got an easy time pressuring, is fast, and seems to be pretty good at everything

Noel - this is who I "mained" in Extend.  She's definitely changed, but she's still got everything I want in a character.  But I kind of fear my habit of mashing might return if I go with her

Bang - the only thing that I don't like about Bang is his finite and small amount of nails he gets for each round.  Otherwise he's the aggressive type of char I like.

Nu - yes she's obviously outside of what I look for in a character, but I think maining her could be useful for learning how to fight at a range and actually be patient in fights.  though I don't know how hard her combos are

Platinum - I wouldn't have considered her in Extend, but it seems like she's gotten easier to use. 

Azrael - I don't really like the guy, but I can't deny his in-your-face playstyle is appealing to me

Terumi - I hear from some people that he isn't very good, but he seems like a char I'd like to use.  Huge meter gain, huge damage potential from distortions.  sounds good to me

suggestions would be appreciated : )

Hi guys

I need some help choosing my main character in CP, I am VERY indecisive about who I should pick as my main, this will be my "first" main character in a fighting game, I really want to learn combos and everything with the character I choose, these are my options:

1.- Noel: I really like her, I have been playing with her since CT, I was hesitating because sometimes I get bored of her because I used her too much but really like her and I read its a easy character to start with

2.- Hazama:  I love Hazama as a character and his moves but I find his combos difficult to execute and I get so frustrated when I use him xD this my reason for not picking him as my main

3.- Izayoi: At first I didn't like her too much but once I practice a little with her I find myself really liking her, I find her a little confusing but i like how she fights, plus I like Tsubaki too xD

4.- Bullet: I really like her since the first time I see a video of her gameplay, i really like her fightning style and her combos are not that hard to execute, she is a cool character

I was also considering Mu-12 as an option

So who of this characters do you recommend me as my first main?

thanks for you help :)

PD: Sorry for my bad english jajaja it's not my first lenguaje

Unless u plan to lock yourself in training room 8 hours a day for weeks, just go with whoever you enjoy to play with, and go as crazy as u can on casual, and If u think Hazama is frustrating... unless u're a masochist, just drop him. We got better growth on a character we enjoy playing imo... and just personal preference, i'm usually never rotating more than 3 characters or end up half assing all of them with lack of practice and match up experience.

Well I don't want to be an expert in the game so I don't plan to spend that much time in training room but at least I want to know some combos with the caracter or the characters that I like and be able to at least defend myself in online matches and not be a sandbag  xD thing that happens quite often recently so I wanted to try to focus in only 1 character first and not try to use half of the cast and not knowing how to use any of them

About Hazama im not masochist as I said I love how he fights and enjoy using him but find myself frustrated when I try to improve and learn some combos

And about the number of characters thats what I have been trying to do recently pick maximum 3 characters and rotate betwen them but first I want a main character and then when I use that character at least decently try to learn other 2, in fact in my post I wasn't going to put Noel in the options but she was the first character I used in the saga and I really like her

Thanks for your comment

I'll be honest. I don't have a clue about who I should use in BBCP. I don't play any BB games since CT and even though I used to main Nu there, I wasn't that good back then.

Also, I've been playing SF4 for a long time now, so I don't even remember what is a combo or how I did them. My execution is completely terrible now. I've been playing quite well with Akihiko in P4A but I prefer to play with more defensive characters that can pose an offensive threat like Nu.

Basically, my main question is: Should I keep playing Nu or is she unrecognizable from the CT days? Also, who should I pick as a sub? 

In other words you just want to zone and be top tier? Pick Kokonoe.

Not exactly, I don't care about tiers. I just want someone who's not so execution heavy. Preferably a zoner, but someone balanced or a bit defensive fits.

But I'll try Kokonoe when I get the game. Thanks for the advice.

Not exactly, I don't care about tiers. I just want someone who's not so execution heavy. Preferably a zoner, but someone balanced or a bit defensive fits.

If you want someone thats balanced and is a zoner, go with Mu. Her execution isn't too hard and she's basically got everything; solid mixup potential/oki, good damage, massive ranged normals, laser turrets, and a really good dp.

As for Nu, she's not too much like her CT form now, since she has a mode change that can go from her "Nu" form to her "Lambda" form (her iteration in CS), and her execution is a lot harder now because of the mode swap combos. Also not top tier broken shit like CT, she's near the bottom now. Compared to her CT iteration, the CP Nu is no where near as safe or as damaging, doesn't have infinite gravity wells, and her defensive options are arguably worse now. However at the core, she's still the same with the whole D spamming and full screen zoning, just not crazy broken.

If you want someone thats balanced and is a zoner, go with Mu. Her execution isn't too hard and she's basically got everything; solid mixup potential/oki, good damage, massive ranged normals, laser turrets, and a really good dp.

As for Nu, she's not too much like her CT form now, since she has a mode change that can go from her "Nu" form to her "Lambda" form (her iteration in CS), and her execution is a lot harder now because of the mode swap combos. Also not top tier broken shit like CT, she's near the bottom now. Compared to her CT iteration, the CP Nu is no where near as safe or as damaging, doesn't have infinite gravity wells, and her defensive options are arguably worse now. However at the core, she's still the same with the whole D spamming and full screen zoning, just not crazy broken.

I knew they would nerf Nu, but bottom-tier? Damn, that's harsh. Thanks for the advice though.

Join the Kagura army, if you like down-backing and punishing mistakes, he's the guy for you.

After having stopped playing BB for a bit and returning I've been having some trouble trying to stick with someone...

So far I've been juggling Izayoi and Rachel. Dabbling into Rachel and reading up/watching on both of them etc etc, I enjoy them both (although I clearly lack skill as both, but I figure that will improve over time) 

So I'm having difficulties picking...After having played the matches I have I've noticed I enjoy strong Oki and being able to apply heavy pressure and having some decent defense options. As far as I can tell from examining, Rachel has stronger Oki, and Izayoi is no slouch with pressuring in Gain Arts. Any assistance is welcome x-x; as are other suggestions for characters, thanks a ton. 

Well, in terms of decent defense options, neither Izayoi nor Rachel have those.  Izayoi does gain a  nice reversal with 50 meter, however.  I'd say in terms of mixups, pressure and oki, Rachel is overall the stronger of the two.  Rachel has a much higher learning curve than Izayoi does, if that matters to you at all.  As for another character suggestion, POSSIBLY Litchi?  She has great pressure with nice reach on her staffed moves and some scary mixup options between the two stances. While her oki isn't quite what it was, it's still quite good IMO, albeit not as strong as Rachel's.  She also has a good DP while her staff is on her.  Again, I don't know if learning curve is important to you, but Litchi has a fairly high one, although not as high as Rachel's.

Thanks for the input. All things considered (and more time in training) learning curve may be an issue now. I'm kind of leaning towards sticking with someone simple that I can actually play so I can really learn things, then heading to Rachel when I can actually press buttons >x>; 

So I'm thinking of learning Nu, since I tried Mu but I don't think she's the zoning character I want. But I'm not sure if I'd be off any better by leaving Mu. Who's the superior zoner?

So I'm thinking of learning Nu, since I tried Mu but I don't think she's the zoning character I want. But I'm not sure if I'd be off any better by leaving Mu. Who's the superior zoner?

Mu is the better character overall, but she falls under more of a hybrid zoner description. Nu on the other hand is about as pure of a zoner as you're going to get in this game. She has more weaknesses than Mu however, so playing her would be a challenge. Though considering you play Tsubaki, I can assume you don't mind the uphill battle :P

Hi guys I just picked up BB:CP and getting back into BB in general but truth be told i never really got into BB seriously merely playing it for a few hours before forgetting about it I've mainly played Tekken but i saw CP and I liked what i saw and jumped into it, I'm merely doing the tutorial right now, I've played CT, and CS I've mained Ragna in CT and Hazama in CS merely on how they looked If they look cool I'll main them. I've played other fighters as well In Injustice I mained DeathSTroke, Mortal Kombat Smoke and in P4A Akihko. +I like being able to be what i need to be offensive when i need it and defensive when i have to +I do not care about tiers +I like to have a flashy show off character +I like doing combos not really interested into the whole frame traps or resets but I'd like to keep things simple for now +Don't mind a learning curve or some kind of trick to the character itself +Have more of a rush down tendency Thanks for any suggestion you can throw my way

Liking a character and trying to play it is a good start, and Hazama fit a type of character you want to play a lot, he have very strong pressure, neutraling as well as good defensive tool... anyway his strong pressure came from frame trap and reset but his high low mix up also pretty decent, anyway Hazama is very versatile... i'll suggest you give it a try.

So... Can I ask about Aquapazza?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Okay so I have been play like 5 different characters and have no idea who to chose. I like hazama chains, Ragna spacing, litchi staff, izayoi in ga,valk mix up and a lot more stuff. I have no idea who to main. I play MIT and kanji in p4a if that helps. This is my first bb so I suck a lot really. I can't decide on a main at all :(