shtkn

The "Picking a Main" thread

Arakune.

Mindgames everywhere, Insane Mixup, and plenty of setups that just cannot be fully blocked.

I guess I don't really think of Arakune as a 'mixup' character because what his pre-curse mixup is completely meh.

Also, he seems to have a low execution 'ceiling' - I virtually never see a high level Arakune player and go "Holy CARP! Crazy Arakune skills!" I see a high level Arakune player and go "Oh. Standard curse startup, oh, hey look, it's that combo again.". Maybe I just don't appreciate the subtleties of Arakune.

Arakune Pre-Curse can still be "Quite" scary. It usually about 1 or 2 good hits to get cursed by a good Arakune player. And after that, If he knows his shit, There isn't much you can do. Locked Down, Mind Fucked, Guard beaten, Health gone. Round over.

Rachel is the best choice imo. More all around solid than arakune, high skill ceiling and gross as hell rushdown/lockdown when mastered.

Yeah, Lambda or Noel.

I used to play Lambda in CS1 when I was on pad, I could do pretty much everything with her, advance and basic. I'm not sure about her CS2 stuff though.

Noel is also very easy character to play on pad IMO, hell, shes that easy I could even play her on a Guitar Hero controller and win EVO.

jks

Noel is also very easy character to play on pad IMO, hell, shes that easy I could even play her on a Guitar Hero controller and win EVO.

Win.

lots of characters are easy on pad imo. But I definitely agree with Noel, back in college when people would bring BB but there wouldn't be a stick Noel was the only character I could play at the exact same proficiency with both pad and stick. But the only ones I'd say LOLNO to playing on pad with are Arakune, Rachel, and Carl.

I'd say Rachel is very possible on Pad. You just need to be comfortable with your directional inputs. Arakune and Carl do kinda' require a stick. But Rachel doesn't.

I am looking for a character who can counter moves done by others and dish out damage when needed. In previous games I loved the characters with counter supers because I felt they required skill to use, plus they were really satifying to pull off. Please help.

I am looking for a character who can counter moves done by others and dish out damage when needed. In previous games I loved the characters with counter supers because I felt they required skill to use, plus they were really satifying to pull off. Please help.

...hakumen

I was just wondering which character has better mix-ups and a more rushdown play style. Jin or Litchi. I am having a hard time picking a main...I will also state that this is my first fighting game and up till a few days ago I was content with my scrubness but I want to fix that. I have a fight stick I understand the basics but I need to work on my inputs...any advice is greatly needed.

IIRC Litchi has higher execution requirements than Jin, so be prepared for a bit of a learning curve at first if you pick up Litchi.

Both Litchi and Jin are also pretty much traditional spacing/footsies characters. Litchi has more mixup, so can rushdown a little better, but to do so would be to play her in a way that ignores a lot of her strengths.

If you want a more standard rushdown character, you're probably better off with Bang or Makoto (both of whom also have pretty strong mixup.)