Sign in to follow this  
pulsr

[CS] Beginner Mechanics (The more you know!)

That made me laugh so hard. Qwerty <3

Anyways, It was sort of just a suggestion. By all means if you guys don't think it's necessary/needed/people can just go to gfaqs, then feel free to leave the original post as is.

the thing is, there's already plenty of ct info still floating around here from ct arcade release, so if you really want to learn about that shitty ass game then by all means feel free to find the ct system mechanics thread (this forum has a search function, do it yourself you lazy fuck).

if this were to change to a ct mechanics thread, not only would it be redundant but also once it drops on console we'd have to update it, and why do that when we already have the info?

lol blade

And im pretty sure you can still find CT info around its just that the new iteration is more important than CT because its erm

New? And dustloop was meant for competitive gaming if im thinking right ,_, All this info here is for people to learn and get better. But also, competitive gaming. Doesnt that imply

i dont know, offline?

And whats offline? CS! So whats the problem with it killing CT? offline is the only thing that really matters so just because CS is in cab format only doesnt mean it cant be more important than CT at the moment. Its also in the process of being released so whats the real point of learning a game thats already obsolete <_<;

Hey everyone!

Just to point out the Situation behind the big sea, in Europe CT is just coming out tomorrow.

To understand the Mechanics and become a non-scrub player in scrubby online Game (because here we have, like, NO Arcades) I would love to read information on the Game in a thread like this...

If not, why not just name the whole thing "Game Mechanics CS" and open a new thread "Game Mechanics CT"?

I mean I won't be the only one with a 360 and CT who wants to read good info of the game not only on shoryuken.com but also on dustloop.com...

If so, wow, okay then leave it. But here we have but no other option then wait for the Games release... And thereafter we would love not to feel like the shitty part of the world without Arcades AND online Info!

thank you and regards

@dynames

Well said. I live in Leeds, England and no arcades here, CT hasn't even been out long!

Dustloop, Destructive Nature, SRK, NeoEmpire and BlazBlue forums are good resources we need!

Can I be directed to a list of Option Selects for this game if any exist? thanks.

You can option select BC throws by holding downback and pressing A+B+C during your opponent's blockstrings. Other than that there's not any.

I remember there used to be one for 1-frame jumps in GG.....I don't remember what it was though...S+HS when close? or what it character dependant...

no im sorry i wasn't specific i actually meant like the 6 in 6a ect. i know they're directions but i'm not sure which directions all of them are

thanks guys i have a new question now i've watched a lot of blazblue matches and i always notice that players rarely use their barrier guard could someone tell me why and be kinda in depth about it

Barrier blocking adds to blockstun (think of it as how long you can't move when you block an attack, like Haku's j.C).

In CT, more barrier means a faster burst, but other than that, it's really not as good a defensive tool as some make it out to be.

In CS, the only reason you would want to use it is if you had only 1 Guard Primer, because barrier blocking prevents GP-breaking moves from destroying your last primer. It doesn't work when you have more than one, though.

You could just use Instant Block and get better results, honestly, but Barrier is there if you really need someone off you, and to block air-unblockable moves, like Ragna's 6A and Noel's 6C.

Are aerial normal > OS'es prominent in BB? I.E. Whiff aerial normal to protect air space > buffer special. If the opponent happens to jump in the special cancels and you get extra damage, if not you get nothing.

If yes, any characters specific examples of the better variations of this technique?

You could just use Instant Block and get better results, honestly, but Barrier is there if you really need someone off you, and to block air-unblockable moves, like Ragna's 6A and Noel's 6C.
Barrier prevents chip damage from specials/supers, and I don't think IB does, so you need to barrier if you want to survive stuff like Bang's nail rain super or Lambda's sword spam super when you only have a couple of pixels of lifebar. Also, occasionally a well-used barrier will push the opponent back enough to make the next hit in their blockstring whiff, which can more than make up for its extra guardstun, though this is really rare.

Barrier prevents chip damage from specials/supers, and I don't think IB does, so you need to barrier if you want to survive stuff like Bang's nail rain super or Lambda's sword spam super when you only have a couple of pixels of lifebar. Also, occasionally a well-used barrier will push the opponent back enough to make the next hit in their blockstring whiff, which can more than make up for its extra guardstun, though this is really rare.

Ah, yes, I forgot about that. Thanks for the catch.

Are aerial normal > OS'es prominent in BB? I.E. Whiff aerial normal to protect air space > buffer special. If the opponent happens to jump in the special cancels and you get extra damage, if not you get nothing.

If yes, any characters specific examples of the better variations of this technique?

To my knowledge, BB only has OS throw, done by hitting A+B+C during your opponent's blockstring---if he goes for a throw, it gets broken almost instantly. If not, you get barrier, which is more than enough to push the opponent back.

Other than that, I really don't know.

Ah, yes, I forgot about that. Thanks for the catch.

To my knowledge, BB only has OS throw, done by hitting A+B+C during your opponent's blockstring---if he goes for a throw, it gets broken almost instantly. If not, you get barrier, which is more than enough to push the opponent back.

Other than that, I really don't know.

Ok thanks. I will leave the former question open to anyone else who might like to add anything, in case there is anything to add.

Conversely, what counters exist for dealing with people who are OSing your blockstrings with the technique you mentioned?

You can't OS throw tech in CS. You'll be throw countered.

Also Barrier is for air unblockable moves. You'll get hit if you don't.

Barrier also prevents guard crush.

Barrier also helps turn green tick throws pink. Those 5 frames make a big difference.

Some characters (Litchi/Arakune) Use barrier in their combos. Barrier is a big part of the game.

Sign in to follow this