Sign in to follow this  
Zinac

Faust in Accent Core: Okizeme

I've noticed alot of people who've been the most active posters on the Faust forum are relatively new to playing Guilty Gear, so I've started this thread to assist people on an aspect they're probally missing out on.

I would like to assemble a list of the most useful okizeme, so called meaty attacks. You're welcome to post your own suggestions, criticisms, or additions that may be included here.

I'll start by posting 1 useful okizeme a day with several possible followups, and hopefully I'll complete it soon, unless someone beats me to it.

Btw using Guilty Gear Matome, http://wiki.livedoor.jp/ggxx_matome/d/FrontPage, as a base to start from.

Useful vocabulary: Drill Cancel (canceling j.2k with Faustless Defence), Mettakiri (Faust's command throw [214 HS]

Aerial ( a combo leading from any move that launches your opponent int othe air [2D, 2D>2S>5K, etc] )

2K: a 3 hit attack. Only first hit can be jump canceled, but all of them can gattling.

Follow ups:

>2P>2S>2D>JC airial B&B [ may want to K>j.D for knockdown]

- the 2P is a link after third hit of 2K

(if guarded everything) > 5D

- please don't abuse this, might not work on high level players.

(if guarded everything) > Mettakiri

- again, not to be abused, but great for shaking a player up. Make sure to stay out of your opponent's normal throw range.

(Whiff all 3 hits)

- Used to bait reversals on wakeup. Useful against many supers, such as Johnny's

JC first hit > Drill Cancel j.K

- Useful because the opponent may be expecting the third hit (low) from 2k. Ofcourse it has its own numerous followups based on combos in the combo thread.

Drill Cancel Kick: Considered Faust's best overhead. Its quick, leads to high damaging combos or knockdowns, and difficult to react against. Against opponents who adjust to this, you have the option of Drill canceling low, landing then 2D, normal throw, or Mettakiri.

Note: You must not do Drill Cancel too close to Millia, otherwise you will land before your jump cancel activates. This is because Millia's crouching hitbox is very low, and thus most of these followups will be very difficult to do on her, or just impossible. What you may want to do is just land after the Drill Cancel Kick, then start your followup from there.

On Hit (if they're crouching) > JC j.2k > 5P > 2D > Airial combo

(you can follow the 2D with a pogo combo in the corner on all female characters besides ABA)

- Okizeme that works on a crouching opponent.

- One of the most basic follow ups to Drill Cancel kick, and ofcourse there is a larger list variations on this in the combo thread.

(Potemkin specific) > JC j.k > j.S > j.HS > (standing) 5P > 2D

If you whiff the drill cancel, prepare to eat a Pot buster.

(Potemkin&Johnny specific) > JC j.2k > 5K > 2HS > 236S > RC > 2S > 5K> JC > aerial B&B

close Slash: Startup is 8 frames, and +2 frame advantage on block.

This may be not a low, high, or even a crossup, but it does have frame advantage and gattlings into a low (2D), and you can JC it for a quick Drill Cancel Kick. Even so, 2K is considered a better option.

> 2D > aerial combo

(crouching opponent) > 5P > 2D > aerial

5HS > 2D > aerial

JC > Drill Cancel K > j.2K > 5P > 2D > aerial

5P > JC > Drill Cancel K > j.2K > 5P > 2D > aerial

5P > 6HS

Gattling > 5D

(if the j.2k follow-ups are blocked) > Mettakiri or Normal throw

In addition:

6HS(not to be used as a gatling with 2K): Overhead and very good damage. Slow and can be seen coming. Throw this move out every now and then to catch your opponent off guard. If it connects follow up with 236S pogo and continue from there. If it is blocked, you can still go to pogo or 236P item throw. But whether your opponent is hit or whether he or she blocked it always cancel it into one of those two moves as the recover from 6HS is horrendous.

I think 5P is a good okizime option too. You can do it early or late. Done early, it'll whiff. Useful to confuse your opponent. You can try to do command grab or other things afterwards. Done late, it'll be blocked. Usually it's good for Faust since 5P is safe on normal block. It's like Robo's 5P, although probably not as good.

Bread and Butter. In terms of combos, B&B combos are a character's basic/standard combos that anyone playing the character should know.

2K: a 3 hit attack. Only first hit can be jump canceled, but all of them can gattling.

Follow ups:

>2P>2S>2D>JC airial B&B [ may want to K>j.D for knockdown]

- the 2P is a link after third hit of 2K

I've been trying this, and I don't think it works. The 2D is not launching them into the air for me.:psyduck:

The string without the air combo does very poor damage :(

Its character specific. It will work on some characters like Pot. For many of the characters though you can do a 2S gattling from 2D before the JC.

it's char specific, im not fully sure off hand but may and testement are 2 who can be comboed without 2S or 5k after 2D

some new oki options i just came up with. running iad fdc jp, jk into groundcombo of choice. This is both instant overhead and instant crossup, works very well with poison if you push the opponent into it when hes grounded then perform this. JUst horrible when bomb is thrown because itll put u in a position where u have to block the bomb and stop ur combo, usually at a range where the opponent will not be hit by the bomb leaving u in blockstun ( this is assuming you knocked down with 2d into item cancel) this one is off this specific combo: blah into 2d,2s(ji),5k sj.k sj.d. As u fall u can airdash forward jp.jk for over head, airdash fdc for an instant landing into 2p,2d,throw,mettakiri, fdc jk or even 2k(1 hit) jc fdc jk. Or u can double jump directly over them, and fdc d for an ambiguous cross up

Sign in to follow this