shtkn

Terminology Used on Dustloop Defined

Say, what does it mean when people say a move can be "Teched"? I was reading the list of changes for the 1st lokee test for BBCS2 and it said things like "Bang's 3C can now be teched"

Say, what does it mean when people say a move can be "Teched"? I was reading the list of changes for the 1st lokee test for BBCS2 and it said things like "Bang's 3C can now be teched"

they can recover from it.

What the hell is a "loctest" or a "loketest"? I mean I understand the concept by reading the thread, but what exactly is the definition?

location test

I have no idea where loketest comes from, I just chuck it up to lol-japan.

location test

I have no idea where loketest comes from, I just chuck it up to lol-japan.

So its just someone playing around with the unreleased data at a "location"?

loketest is a japanese portmanteau of 2 english words: location + test

silly weeaboos probably didn't know any better and assumed loketest meant something more meaningful in japanese when they translated it back into english.

Oh, thanks for that info. Tiem for another question.

What the hell is "sliding"?

For example, 2nd loketest says Taokaka's cat spirit slides now.

like when you get hit by the 2nd part of Jin's EX DP. Or like when Tager hits you with 6C (i think. what ever his pig straight punch is)

like when you get hit by the 2nd part of Jin's EX DP. Or like when Tager hits you with 6C (i think. what ever his pig straight punch is)

6C is tager's face smash

his 5D is the punch i think you're talking about? but it doesn't slide anymore, it used to in CT. in CS now it just staggers

sliding affects the character being hit. instead of hitting the ground and staying there until they can tech, they will slide backwards for a certain amount and then come to a stop, able to tech

i think noel's 5BC does slide in CS as well

and arakune might have one, although it might just be far knockback (combos to j.3D or something so it's hard to tell)

For some reason, I can't seem to find any explanation for the term "oki".

Can anyone explain that one for me?

Pardon me if I'm wrong. But from what I've gathered until now, Oki stands for Okizeme. But saying that would not help you one bit, it's basically wake-up game (at least, in my understanding).

For example, ending Jin's combos with 3C gives him the time to actually freely apply more pressure after knocking down the opponent. But ending them with 214B does not, the opponent can immediately tech after it and run away safely.

Ok, I thought I had all the lingo down, but I've come across one I don't know, and am having a hard time finding its meaning.

Could someone kindly explain what a " micro dash" is, how to do it and its uses?

I'm guessing dashing for a very very short time so that you get some forward momentum? But we just say "dash 5a" or "dash 5B" if we want to indicate that. Where did you read this? What was its context?

Yeah, "micro dash" in this context means that you dash for a very short while so that you adjust Ragna after the 6C dash cancel to be able to hit 5D(1) 214D in such a way so that after the Deadspike launches them you can catch them with the a dash 5C to continue the combo. It'd look like this in number notation: xxxx> 6C(2 hits) > 66 (dash cancel)> 66 5D (1) >214D> 66 5C.

So you're just using the first 66 to cancel the 6C, but not actually dash until you input the second 66?

You're inputting the first 66 to dash cancel the 6C, so you do dash a fixed distance after 6C. But that's not enough to position yourself properly to follow-up with the 5d(1) 214D, so you do a very brief 66 dash ( a "micro-dash").

Can anyone help me explain what these terms stand for : SR, S(J)R, R, DR, CSR, CSJR ( in the "Cancel" column of frame data ) :psyduck: ? THanks.

Edited by keinight

Can anyone help me explain what these terms stand for : SR, S(J)R, R, DR, CSR, CSJR ( in the "Cancel" column of frame data ) :psyduck: ? THanks.

Each letter represents a certain cancel.

• S = Special Cancel
  • D = Special Cancel with Drive only
  • J = Jump Cancel
  • (J) = Jump Cancel on hit only
  • R = Rapid Cancel
  • C = Cancels into itself (5As and j.As usually have this quality)

Each letter represents a certain cancel.

• S = Special Cancel
  • D = Special Cancel with Drive only
  • J = Jump Cancel
  • (J) = Jump Cancel on hit only
  • R = Rapid Cancel
  • C = Cancels into itself (5As and j.As usually have this quality)