shtkn

Terminology Used on Dustloop Defined

To clarify slightly:

Startup frames are "windup" frames.  Your move CANNOT HIT during the startup frames, it has no "hitbox"

Active frames are the frames during which your attack can hit.  Attacks with a lot of active frames "hang around" for quite a while.

btw the convention is to add one frame to the actual startup frames of the move, so startup and active overlap by one frame.

so a 5f startup move actually hits on the 5th frame and not on the 6th

Neutral is when everyone at the table has their plates cleared with utensils in hand, waiting for the server to place the pizza on the table.

When you're still stuffing your face with pie, but your brother finished his slice and he is reaching for the last slice of pizza, you are at disadvantage and your brother is at frame advantage.

Hi everybody : ) in first sorry for my english, im french. I have a question about some terminology. Im reading the normal move table for ino ( in ggxrdr ). In the cancel chart i see some time CSJ. I think s is for special and j for jump but the c i dont know so if someone can tell me it'll be nice : ) thanks a lot

1 hour ago, Dohnuts said:

Hi everybody : ) in first sorry for my english, im french. I have a question about some terminology. Im reading the normal move table for ino ( in ggxrdr ). In the cancel chart i see some time CSJ. I think s is for special and j for jump but the c i dont know so if someone can tell me it'll be nice : ) thanks a lot

C is chain, meaning you can cancel the move into itself. In XRD this usually only happens for 5P/j.P and sometimes 2P or other moves.