shtkn

The "Help Using a Joystick" Thread

I have a question.

When am I supposed to know when I should replace my actually stick part of my TE?

I'm trying to figure out if my execution has dramatically lowered or maybe something in my stick is too worn down.

I'm using a MadCatz TE Rnd 2.

I've had it since August, so I think the problem is just me, but I want to make sure.

As far as care goes for it, when I first got it, I would clean it and put it back in the box after every use.

But lately I've just been kind of leaving it out overnight for days on end.

There was a time earlier this year where I just didn't use it, but it was in its box for that time.

I'm in training with Input history on now, and whenever I do a 623 motion, it shows up as 6623. But then again, that might just be my mediocre execution.

I just want to be sure, thanks.

It's your execution.

If you had it since August, the stick should still be working fine. The JLF won't crap out that fast.

But to make sure it's still working, go to training mode and hit 6 slowly and see if it comes out as 6 or 66.

There is, and it's been described in one of the stick threads here on DL, and the question has been asked numerous times. Doing it though requires soldering skills, base knowledge of electronics and of course specific resources (MC Cthulhu PCB is the most commonly used one for such mods), so you might start looking around your neighbourhood for someone experienced in electronics if you haven't soldered anything yourself.

Is there a way to mod a TE stick to play on both 360 and PS3? I own a 360 but my locals plays on PS3. =\

you can do it yourself without soldering skills using a teasy board + dual strike. there is a thread and a youtube video series on how to do this in under 30 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJfeSo7YraM&feature=&p=7010A8A8B25C8F85&index=0&playnext=1

and durr...

it seems as though no one in halifax mods according to the local modder thread in srk

http://shoryuken.com/f177/need-modder-your-local-area-check-post-247741/

Edited by mr.mortified

Heck, no. That would imply that I would want a Shoryuken account.

I haven't done any dual-modding myself, Chozo, but I can help you get in touch with the guy who runs the SF scene in our area. I believe that he has dual-modded before. Hit me up on Facebook.

srk is only good for tech talk :3

the easier method to do this is if you manage to acquire a ps360, you can do a mod with no soldering skills. All you'll need is the one board and a wire cutter and stripper. Once again SRK tech talk will help you with this.

I just got a MARVEL™ VS CAPCOM® FightStick: Tourn. Ed. Xbox 360

My sick is set up:

[x][y][lb][lt]

[a][b][rb][rt]

Should I set up different buttons of learn it as default for blazblue?

Should I set up different buttons of learn it as default for blazblue?

I'm gonna try to answer this from how I interpreted what you were asking.

But anyways the default layout ingame is meant for a controller, the setup you would use on stick is

Type A:

A = A

X = B

Y = C

LB = D

or

Type B:

A = D

X = A

Y = B

LB = C

whichever you choose is your preference, also you can put S where ever

Do I get to set up the controls in a tourny? Or do I have to use default?

You assign your buttons for tournaments, yes. Just in case you happen to find yourself playing on an arcade cabinet, it's recommended that you use one of the two default Blazblue button settings.

Type A

B C D

A

Type B

A B C

D

Uhm..I feel a bit stupid for asking but..here goes.

On a stick, how long do you guys pratice inputs? From simple to the insane (Like ones for complicated combos.) I want to know because I recently got a stick, and Im finding myself coming up short on some things due to my execution, and trying to find better ways to pratice.

essentially what i did was do drills

for at least like 15-30 mins a day i'd just practice the motions

I'd do like 10 consecutive 623's, then do the same on the other side, then 10 236's and another 10 in the opposite side, 10 632146's on one side, etc....

then after drills i did combo training, working on one combo a day

I got consistent in like a week to two weeks of use

Its funny though, whenever you see me in public now and i sit down, i have my hands in a position holding a joystick. Sometimes you'll even see me do the motions out of nowhere when walking, sitting, etc...

essentially what i did was do drills

for at least like 15-30 mins a day i'd just practice the motions

I'd do like 10 consecutive 623's, then do the same on the other side, then 10 236's and another 10 in the opposite side, 10 632146's on one side, etc....

then after drills i did combo training, working on one combo a day

I got consistent in like a week to two weeks of use

Its funny though, whenever you see me in public now and i sit down, i have my hands in a position holding a joystick. Sometimes you'll even see me do the motions out of nowhere when walking, sitting, etc...

I do that for a few special moves, like Ragna's Infernal Divider, and etc. I try to burn it into my mind, or something. I dunno.

Yeah, the drills are legit. Take it from me, you see how I piano randomly on desks at school xD

Oh yes, how can I forget you pianoing on the desks at school Yasha? Before I got a stick, I thought you were tapping your fingers, now I see it has a point. XD

I continue even months in to have a really hard time doing inputs like 44 and 7(5)4 (for IAD) for some reason. I use that grip that's like wineglass but has the thumb over the ball as well; the name escapes me at the moment. This grip really serves me well, but for some reason when I try to do shit like 44 or 7(5)4, my wrist just feels like... I dunno, weak :\ Sometimes I get only one 4, like I try to let the stick reset to 5 but it doesn't happen cause my wrist can't initiate the 2nd 4 good enough, so it not only comes out really slow but also often keeping the stick from resetting to 5. I dunno. It's hard to describe. I can do 66 and 9(5)6 really fast and reliably, but when it's left it's just fucking... bad.

I have tried grinding out 44 / 7(5)4 in training mode, but I seem to be making no progress. Also tried out different grips, but not only did none of them make it seem easier, but they destroyed my precision on other things that were great. I've been playing stick since at least November, but I forget when I started exactly. Has anyone else ever had an issue like this? Do I need a more sensitive stick or something? Everything I've tried has bombed, so I don't even know where to begin on addressing this. It creates a significant weakness for me when facing left, one I simply don't want to have to deal with regularly. The stick I use is the real arcade pro 3; hori parts.

EDIT: wowww english what is it

Edited by zreb

muscle memory, that'll be your best bet for this improvement

you've prly tried this but see in your inputs in training mode and see what you've doing there

you gotta develop muscle memory for this so you can do it precisely. the RAP3 uses a sanwa stick that we (not me) use. Maybe you're just feeling a bit of wear on the stick that's prly it. Firm up your stick by replacing the spring or go and add yourself an additional spring like an ls33 spring for a bit more tension.

Two months today since I bought my stick, and I've seen some massive improvements in gameplay already. DP motions are a breeze on both sides, rapid cancels and distortions come out smoother, Iad is actually instant, all buttons being on hand instantly is amazing, etc. I tried to help my little bro get through some challenges on mahvel 3 while he was on dualshock3, and it's pretty terrible using only your thumb for this stuff. Gonna get him a stick soon so we can both duke it out.

Glad I followed through with this. Good stuff.

Two months today since I bought my stick, and I've seen some massive improvements in gameplay already. DP motions are a breeze on both sides, rapid cancels and distortions come out smoother, Iad is actually instant, all buttons being on hand instantly is amazing, etc. I tried to help my little bro get through some challenges on mahvel 3 while he was on dualshock3, and it's pretty terrible using only your thumb for this stuff. Gonna get him a stick soon so we can both duke it out.

Glad I followed through with this. Good stuff.

man, gotta get a stick now..... just a little more time and money and i'll be there :P I seriously need to improve my game and I keep hearing this is a way to do it...