shtkn

The "Help Using a Joystick" Thread

My execution is getting way better and improving way faster than when I was playing on a pad.

also looking at you signature, it is better to drive a "stick" than a automatic, So in car forums i can see"getting a stick: is a good thing.

I'm english, I can drive either an automatic or a manual. Both cars have gearsticks. Sue me.

And Yuki, a circular port might actually be an xbox port, not an xbox 360 port.

I work in Gamestation, I took it down there and 'Borrowed' a 3rd Party Breakout cable. The thing sucks so I've ordered a replacement from Madcatz, apparently a few TE's shipped with mismatched parts, I had 3 instruction manuals and 2 Headset pages. Nice work MC.

Thanks for the picture, saved me a lot of hassle explaining it to people. Muchas love.

Does anyone here know if a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA edition would work on a Playstation 3 slim? I'm about to buy a replacement PS3(Since my old one broke), and I'm just a bit paranoid whether or not my stick would work on it.

I cannot say with 100% certainty since I don't own that stick, but if it worked on a PS3 fat, chances are it'll work on a slim no problem. I haven't heard of/come across that issue with any other sticks personally.

Does anyone here know if a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA edition would work on a Playstation 3 slim? I'm about to buy a replacement PS3(Since my old one broke), and I'm just a bit paranoid whether or not my stick would work on it.

It works fine. Spark has two and they work on all the PNW setups without issue whatsoever.

Just maxed out my skill level on pad. Joining the arcade stick army soon.
We're in the same boat.

PROTIP: Put your Controller/s in some obscure, high up place. The urge to go back to it after the first day is almost unstoppable. But since im (Re)Learning. I kinda' understand.

Just dont keep switching. Keep at the stick and nothing else bro. Process goes much faster. Same with characters. Stick with one.

ED: Fucking 623 Inputs vary on the Gate you have, hop into training mode and find out what gimpish way you have to enter it.

Square gate 623 = :I:

Edited by YukiBlue

square is easiest to do that 623

either that or i've just gotten too used to it

there's also a pad for ps3 with an exchangable dpad/joystick and the joystick has a square gate

Errmmmm, I seem to be, sometimes, accidently doing a 2369, 23698 or 23698 motion instead of a clean Super Jump motion (28, 27, 29). So basically I end up doing TKs instead of SJs.

This isn't much of a problem with my main since most of Platinum's air combos begin with J.B and there is no J.B super. Unlike J.C, which I can sometimes, instead of SJing, do a TK Sallow Moon.

However, I am begining to pick up Tsubaki again from my early CS1 days. I reliezed I start to do TK J.236Cs instead of clean, SJ.C sometimes and it ends in me getting punished.

This doesn't happen very often, but it would be nice to improve my SJ inputs on my Square Gate.

Any good tips on how to do clean SJs, or is it just PRACTICEPRACTICEPRACTICE?

Becomes muscle memory if you make an effort with it for a day or so. Same with the IAD. Also, I've just changed my TE to Octagonal, so I'll let you know what it's like? I'm learning Mu (Final Main, I swear) So I guess i'll find out this way. Also Symmm, Play with me sometime? I've not got an excuse for getting bodied, this time.

Also, I've just changed my TE to Octagonal, so I'll let you know what it's like? I'm learning Mu.

I originally learned Mu in CS1 on an octo gate too. Lemme tell you I loathed that square gate at first man. It made lots of shit impossible. (Quarter circles felt awful, DPs? Wazzat...nothin doin.) But after I got used to the stick and stopped riding the gate so much, I realized I was often times doing 2C or 6C instead of 3C, or 6C instead of j.C because I was ever so slightly off the 3 or the 9 position. The culprit was the octo gate. :v:

I switched back to the square and found I was much more accurate with my diagonals, since you pretty much can feel very definitely where they are, unlike the on the octo. And don't even get me started on circle gates. x_X;;

Oh and I agree with mr.mortified, 623 is loads easier on the square. You can pretty much just tap the 6 then slide across the bottom of the gate into the 3 position. Feels really natural once you get a feel for it.

Anyways just my two cents when it comes to gates.

Edited by SolarMisae

I'm not sure if a repair question goes here or not, sorry in advance, but the X button on my stick just "died." It's not totally dead. If I keep mashing it eventually works. This is the stick. Anyway, what are my options to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Well, if you're decent with electronics, try troubleshooting it. See if it's the button, the wires, or the board.

Not familiar with the stick, but try switching the buttons (provided they have quick disconnects), and see whether it's the button or something else.

Are you entirely sure?

There are 3 main areas that you check when this sort of problem happens.

First is in the button's microswitch. You can check whether that is the case by swapping the button as listed above. If the new signal is providing the same effects on the new signal and the other button on the original signal is working normally then you know you have a microswitch problem.

Secondly there is the wire connecting from the main pcb to the button.

You're gonna pull out your trusty multimeter and test connectivity between the two signals. See if they connect properly. If not, then its a wire problem

Finally there is the possibility that it is a pcb problem.

this may happen for 1 of 2 reasons

you fucked up during the mod and either bridged a pin or destroyed some traces or killed some components on the board

you find the bridge if its a bridge, retrace the traces if its that option or replace the board

the second reason is the board ran through its lifespan and is now dead

replace the board

Also this isn't the place for this question btw

My Octagonal has been Okay so far. Although im finding myself screwing up 4's and 6's a hell of a lot.

Quarter Circle motions are a breeze now. I try not to ride the gate, but sometimes It just happens. DP's are a bit harder, I'll admit. I'll give it a few more days, both gates have Pro's and Con's.

Also, Changed my buttons to LED's. Changed them back 1 day later. Feels horrible. Sanwa4lyf

Also, Changed my buttons to LED's. Changed them back 1 day later. Feels horrible. Sanwa4lyf

I want to make fun of how unspecific this is.

But, what makes the Sanwa button so sensitive is the microswitch. With some tinkering you could have a Sanwa microswitch in a Seimitsu shell, or just put LED's in your Sanwa buttons.

Not saying that microswitch swapping is easy, just saying it's an option.

Do all of my posts have to be specific? If they are bad, they are bad, I dont really need to say why, do I?

ED: On ReRead, I came across bitchy.

Apologies.

Edited by YukiBlue

wait LED's?

i don't get what you're saying

i don't know that company

i know there are LED mods for buttons

but it can be done to sanwas too

i am confused

wait LED's?

i don't get what you're saying

i don't know that company

i know there are LED mods for buttons

but it can be done to sanwas too

i am confused

That's exactly what I was saying with how unspecific that statement is.

It would be cool to play with LEDs instead of buttons, huh?