shtkn

The "Help Using a Joystick" Thread

that like showing a beginner guitarist Paul gilbert shredding then saying there do it like that

It IS kinda fascinating that he's really only using his index finger and occasionally plinking with the middle finger, regardless of what button he's hitting...

Oh wow, I got my stick today (Qanba Q1) and am already loving it. Aside from 74 96 air dashes and <-DP, everything else came pretty easy. Going to need a lot of practice on those. Buttons are a bit bigger than I expected them to be, should I stick my fingers to certain buttons or let my fingers move around? Moving around feels best, but I don't know if that would be a bad habit or not.

Also, anyone mod a Qanba Q1? How are the buttons and joystick in comparison to Sanwa and Seimitsu parts? I like how the Qanba joystick feels, so I think I'd want similar to that. The buttons however.. To best compare what I'd like most in my button, something like a mechanical key on a Razer keyboard. Going by what I've read, it sounds like Seimitsu buttons might be similar in that regard.

Do whatever is most comfortable for you, buttons-wise.  I play BB, and that's a 4 button game, so there's no need to move them, but with games with more buttons, it pretty much becomes necessary.

I can't comment on the Qanba buttons, but Seimitsu buttons are "Stiffer" than Sanwa - Sanwa buttons press just from me resting my fingers on them, Seimitsu buttons don't.

Edited by Airk
Seimitsu button info

3 hours ago, ArcticaWind said:

To best compare what I'd like most in my button, something like a mechanical key on a Razer keyboard. Going by what I've read, it sounds like Seimitsu buttons might be similar in that regard.

If you're looking for keyboard buttons go with HBFS-G2's. They come with cherry mx reds by default but you can get blues,brown and black aswell iirc. They're a bit on the pricier side for buttons but they're real nice from what I've seen.

Hey all, I got a https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-PS2-Universal-Arcade-Fighting-Stick/dp/B0015PHMFU/ and I'm having so much trouble doing 236 motions it's not even funny. I can 623 in an instant, and 214 goes off a a whole lot more then 236. I'm just kinda wanting to make sure it's not a stick error or defect. I plan on getting another stick around Jan 2017, but until then I'm stick with this.

So anyone got any tips for someone who can 623 perfectly but has a lot of trouble with 236?