Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki vs Tager

If you mess up your spacing for the 623A interrupt vs 2D or you mistime it, you trade hits and you're magnetized. Yay!

I just switched over to Tsubaki from Tao and For some reason in this match up I rage quit.

J/k -_-

Can you guys post some holes in Tager's block strings?

I know like 3 Tager block strings i see every day and their 5A 5B 5C 5D 236A/B, 5A 5B 5C 6A 236A/B, 5B 5C 4D or something... Where can I GET A BREAK O_O.. with tao i just IB to Distortion

To add in a discovery on the Tager matchup thread:

Tager's 6A after gadget finger will NOT beat the DP. 6A's projectile guard point starts on frame 17, 623A/B/C/D all have a startup of 10 (+3 from Gadget finger's frame advantage) so you should be able to do it in time with 4 frames of opportunity.

Of course, Sledgehammer has projectile guard on frame one. So getting A-sledged after trying A DP is just going to hurt.

I got 360 out of a 236D before it even connect. Well it was kinda a full screen 236D it didn't even touch tager and he grabbed me out of it. How should you get in 5BB is kinda obvious and I get IB alot

Surely Tsubaki could reach 5-6k with a full stock charge combo right?

You mean the little Mugen combo she does? Yeah she gets around 6-7k I think(check the combo section since I haven't learn it yet).

I don't really think you can even get full stock charge in a match and shouldn't waste it on her Mugen combo since they can always burst out, or you screw up the timing, or if it connects even :/

You should have about 2-3 charge bar in this matchup. Though I've been becoming really conservative near the end since I tend to for time over with tager.

In this particular matchup, a lot of your charge will go on making your approaches safer rather than maximising damage. Don't expect any real damage to come from a mugen combo since you're unlikely to have 5 bar's worth to play with.

In this particular matchup, a lot of your charge will go on making your approaches safer rather than maximising damage. Don't expect any real damage to come from a mugen combo since you're unlikely to have 5 bar's worth to play with.

Getting 5 Bars vs tager is the easiest thing to do in this match up

Poking him with 3C is sometimes funny depending if you have a bar or 2 to send him flying

It won't work because it has 18 frame startup. Everytime I see you crouch and get the WingCar out I'll just throw you out of it for your trouble.

Humorously enough if the Tager decides he feels like an IB 360A instead, IB 3C > 360A whiffs. Not that Tsubaki would usually 3CC if 3C was blocked, but, you know. Just a fun fact. Tager can 360A whatever he feels like. Give up.

Pretty much, if you hit a button that isn't 5b, fullscreen charge, or 22d outside 720 range, expect to get tossed. Probably the most boring match in the game done correctly. Slayer v Potemkin version 2.0.

I just 5B/22C/22D/TK 214B Tager's on XBL. :\ Zzzzzzzzzz.

Note that this is XBL players, so pro by no means - they just sledge infinitely when they can't gain ground and end up eating j214x and giving me free charge, then churn the lolzbutter and end up eating a neutral jCC to BnB. Magnetism + Birdie = funny shennanigans for days.

Never ever ever ever 236D Tager if your opponent Tager isn't a vegetable..... Autocorrect can suck it. :(

Choose A/B/C based on the location of the back of Tager's head for optimal silliness. 22B has some weird characteristics against Sledge as well as 214B.

Ok then after reading through all of the pages in this thread I've learned that Tsubaki has no real reliable ways of approaching Tager. But I find that I usually always have plenty of charge in this match up so my question is about 623D as a way of breaking out of pressure. Is it a good idea to save that one charge for that purpose but any others built up being used to tack on that extra damage when I manage to land a solid hit?

I apologise if this has been repeated in the previous posts, I tried using search but it's not helping me atm. For the sake of all Tsubaki's, please take what I say into consideration :(

After going to a tournament and using Tsubaki against Tager I found some pretty weird things.

5BB isn't safe on Tager even if he doesn't IB. He used a 720 on me before the second hit, which was really shocking. I played an extremely great Tager who was extremely good at IB'ing so it kinda made me realise more things. You may want to use 5B-2BB instead, and if you do not get a confirmed hit CC and dash back.

We all know Tager is free for unblockables so yea.

I poke Tager with 5B and then jump cancel away from him to get more charge or prevent being magnetised. I realised the power of 5B now, it can work wonders.

I do not think I will be using a overhead on Tager anytime he has 50% + meter, for obvious reasons. Heck I may not even use it at all. I was thrown out of it so many times.

5B trades with his 5a T-T

Ok then after reading through all of the pages in this thread I've learned that Tsubaki has no real reliable ways of approaching Tager. But I find that I usually always have plenty of charge in this match up so my question is about 623D as a way of breaking out of pressure. Is it a good idea to save that one charge for that purpose but any others built up being used to tack on that extra damage when I manage to land a solid hit?

Poking with 5B helps, at least twice then retreating. More times, you're asking to get a 360/720.

I save the charges for unblockables, although I only use 623D if I've been knocked down and they go for the 720 on your wake up. Outside of that I don't really use it.

5BB isn't safe on Tager even if he doesn't IB.

Iirc, all of Tsubaki's followup normals are /really/ bad in blockstrings. -10+, I think.

True, but I didn't think it was THAT bad for Tager to get out a 720 on you.

Lol.

I knew she was bad, but I think playing against the Tager made me realise exactly just how bad she is if you get what I mean (if that makes sense), I still love her nonetheless though, although I also feel I understood just what the definition of low tier means

I also fully understand why people say her normals suck and her DP does not have enough priority. I guess these things kinda click in your mind once you see it/experience it for yourself right? As many people have said she has a fun aspect her, with the exception that I will actually use her seriously in tournaments, to understand the do's and don'ts and such.

Ok thanks for the tips. I'll remember that.

Despite how bad Tsubaki is, I mean damn lol, I still love playing her nonetheless.

On another note, I believe Tsubaki's 236236C/D DD beats 360 and 720. I did this once on wakeup when Tager tried to go for the old AC, pull you in with magnetism and trick you into neutral teching into a 720. Is that legit or did I just get super lucky?

It's invulnerable for 2F after the super flash where as Tager's is only invulnerable for the first frame. I think, for the D version, at least. Something like that. Basically what Dusk said. You got really, really fucking lucky.

True, but I didn't think it was THAT bad for Tager to get out a 720 on you.

720 is a true reversal move, it needs only one frame to activate and then it's invulnerable until just after its first active frame. Your blockstrings need to be watertight, and that's not even considering IBing.

For reference 360A is 3-11 invulnerable and 360B has no invulnerability (but is normal throw speed).

Tsubaki's 236236D is actually a 1st-7th frame invulnerable move.