Sign in to follow this  
worldjem7

BB:CS Match-Up Chart

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I don't understand why Spike Chaser gets special treatment. :p

Actually, I've been noticing this with a lot of projectiles. To the point where I think it's not the Spike Chaser getting special treatment for not disappearing, but more of the fact of Lobelias getting special treatment BY disappearing. I haven't done any actual count, but I'm pretty sure that most projectiles in the game DON'T disappear when the character is hit. It seems like they went really half-assed with their idea on how fireballs should behave. And Rachel suffered pretty badly for this since it's her only good mid-range poke option. It's pretty dumb that the best range for her 236A is also the best range for most people's 3C, and the fireball won't end up trading. Apparently that one blip of non-comboable Lobelia damage would've been way too OP.

I would just like the damage of the top and some of the more out there stuff toned down. Then bring some of the bottom up and make Arakune not kill you in one curse and I'd be happy lol.

I'm content with tier whoring till then. I dunno what the general opinion is but I dunno why Litchi is below Bang on the lists. I think she has a lot more potential and a better game going than Bang.

Maybe you shouldn't be a scrub and not let Arakune curse you in the first place.

Actually, I've been noticing this with a lot of projectiles. To the point where I think it's not the Spike Chaser getting special treatment for not disappearing, but more of the fact of Lobelias getting special treatment BY disappearing. I haven't done any actual count, but I'm pretty sure that most projectiles in the game DON'T disappear when the character is hit. It seems like they went really half-assed with their idea on how fireballs should behave. And Rachel suffered pretty badly for this since it's her only good mid-range poke option. It's pretty dumb that the best range for her 236A is also the best range for most people's 3C, and the fireball won't end up trading. Apparently that one blip of non-comboable Lobelia damage would've been way too OP.

Optic Barrel. :(

I'm being 100 percent serious.

Don't see how Arakune and Carl can be S tier.

So... is the match up chart ever going to be updated to something resembling current? :psyduck:

Nope... unless you want to scrounge through JBBS for another match up chart.

DLC Character hit the match up yet?

Edit: Well, Makoto lol

Way too early. The character just came out. :/

Thanks SJ.

I was just curious sinc ethe Arcade with Valk and Makoto is being released in Japan, I wanted to see if Makoto had her match up spot yet lol. Its interesting to see how she would fair against other characters.

imo she would be B to A Tier. No where near S though.

S Tier = having reversal options, at the very least. Carl/Ara have none, so... no S tier for them.

In BBCS, it would appear that is the case.

Lol I'm not making that blanket statement for all fighting games. Or any fg's at all, really.

I'm not saying that at all.

But with how good IB is in this game, a reversal option is godlike.

Arakune still has bad normals, terrible mixup and awful pressure. Pre-Curse Arakune is still as bad or even worse than Rachel. Curse and it's loops are powerful. But you can block them. If he ends up getting you in a loop with 2 seconds on the bar left, well, it doesn't really matter, does it?

That being said, he obviously is not B+ Tier no longer. I'd say he's A/A- Tier.

By "this game," I meant BB period.

Thinking back to CT, my theory would imply I just trolled myself.

But CT was a stupid, stupid game, with no logic to it what so ever.

IB > reversal has no relevance, when the top tier never actually touches you to kill you in that game.

If he ends up getting you in a loop with 2 seconds on the bar left, well, it doesn't really matter, does it?

Depends, did it start w/ j.C, and does he have meter? If so, you're still dead.

Yeah, I was going to say, I'm pretty sure I've been hit for about 5k and over 50% curse refill after failing to block his mixup during the last two seconds.

Edit: Make that exactly 50%. I was just judging by eye.

Yeah, I was going to say, I'm pretty sure I've been hit for about 5k and over 50% curse refill after failing to block his mixup during the last two seconds.

It would be 50%. Impossible to combo from curse and end with recurse above 50%.

I suppose the most amount of damage does come from the beginning of the loop. Suppose that's what I get for trying to make Ara sound fair. :v:

There's also the risk of re-curse. As you've said, 50% is a fair chunk. And it's good fun at the end of a curse to airgrab a scrub and 100% recurse him. Good times. :toot: