Sign in to follow this  
worldjem7

BB:CS Match-Up Chart

as far as mix up goes.... Jin needs some.... 6A is lulz-ingly bad so his only standing overhead is really, really bad, so his mixup relies on crossups: like JB (which was nerfed) and crossup J236D/B. Jin has to rely on pressuring the opponent, 236D is nice for pressure but.... meh....

actually... does anyone in BB have good mixup?:psyduck:

lol @ throws for mix up in BB.

Goddammit I'm stealing that for my sig, SJ!

Bang's mixup is stupid. Hazama's would be good if his 2A was low and if his Ressenga was comboable w/o charging/counterhitting.

Rassenga>2A>5B>3C>214D~C>etc works on most the cast, hazama's mixup is bad because it's pretty slow, can only be gattlinged in a few ways, and he just doesn't get much for it, even with meter. His 5B makes for great frame traps though.

IB'ing with Litchi is no fun anymore :kitty: now that her reversal is nerfed dmg and comboability

I'm not going to feel the same thrilling sensation as in CT unless I main Hazama ...

IB > HOOTYNGEN > :vbang:

I think Ressenga > 2A only works if they're crouching... or I'm doing it wrong?

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure that that's the only way it should ever hit anyways.

Rassenga>2A>5B>3C>214D~C>etc works on most the cast, hazama's mixup is bad because it's pretty slow, can only be gattlinged in a few ways, and he just doesn't get much for it, even with meter. His 5B makes for great frame traps though.

unless you do rassenga>JAYOKU.... because he always has the meter:kitty:

When you play haku

There are only two mixups

j.C or 4C?

when I play haku all I have to do is jump back and mash C...that shit makes me so happy.

as far as mix up goes.... Jin needs some.... 6A is lulz-ingly bad so his only standing overhead is really, really bad, so his mixup relies on crossups: like JB (which was nerfed) and crossup J236D/B. Jin has to rely on pressuring the opponent, 236D is nice for pressure but.... meh....

If there is any way to make Jin's overhead better, Jin should end his 6A's spin on the Sheath's side (or his sword should slide out slightly) and land at a flatter angle as opposed to downward.

Sure 6A wouldn't be better at combos (because Cx8 would miss at any farther range I think), but at least it wouldn't whiff, making everyone feel stupid.

If there is any way to make Jin's overhead better, Jin should end his 6A's spin on the Sheath's side (or his sword should slide out slightly) and land at a flatter angle as opposed to downward.

Sure 6A wouldn't be better at combos (because Cx8 would miss at any farther range I think), but at least it wouldn't whiff, making everyone feel stupid.

Jin's 6B could just be an overhead. It looks like it should be.

Jin's 6B could just be an overhead. It looks like it should be.

and you wouldn't have to be stupid close to try and get contact, and you wouldn't be at -16 on block >_>. besides it special cancels into TK ice swords, which you can airdash after and do more pressure.... actually it would be a ridiculous overhead:

+1 on block

special cancel

goes over lows

good range

problems are that it's slow, but so are all BB overheads, it also doesn't have any good ways to gatling into..... but still would make an awesome overhead just by virtue of how easy it is to make safe, and continue pressure.

doesn't jin have the fastest over head in the game? just make sure you got meter to RC it.

Not only that, when you do decide to use 6A, since it is only cancellable on hit, you can option select your follow up.

6A > Hit > Dice car > Combo

6A > Block > RC > mix

The input on your stick would look like 6A, (214D on hit/block, immediately afterwards ABC), Register which one just actually happened. If you have 50 meter, regardless of block on 6A you'll be at advantage. Of course, you burn meter either way, and if they do block you get much less. But at least there's a clear cut way to capitalize on both scenarios.

He also has the most things to spend meter on of any character besides Hakumen, and doesn't generate it passively (unlike Hakumen). Also, he's low-tier; the change certainly wouldn't break him.

He also has the most things to spend meter on of any character besides Hakumen, and doesn't generate it passively (unlike Hakumen). Also, he's low-tier; the change certainly wouldn't break him.

last I checked he was mid-mid tier (before some of his better things were found [corner combo]), now he's probably closer to upper-mid. He's definitely not the same level as Tsubaki anymore.... lol.

EDIT: also after checking some of the frame data the fastest ground overhead is Lambda's 4B....... but that doesn't really count. Ragna's 6B is rated as a -6 on block, special cancel, gatlings into 3C. Jin's 6A is -16 on block, is only 5 frames faster, and is only special cancel on hit. so.... yeah.....

and the arguement that it's (6A) good if you have 50 heat to RC it is bull. That basically means you shouldn't go offense without 50 heat, 50 heat which is better spent on EX moves or ice arrows for an added 1000~ damage on a combo.... especially the corner combo.

Smoosh, you put words in people's mouths all the time.

6A >Dice car/RC option select was not an argument saying "Hey, 6A is a good overhead", as you declared it was. It was saying "Hey, you can do something really useful, this will help your Jin a lot".

For the record, Jin's 6A is damn hard to block if you know how to hide it. The speed of an overhead is certainly applicable. Jin's is just too fast for me to react to, so I have to pure yomi his overheads, which is scary. Render hits me with so many 6As it isn't even funny (Side note; this is more of a "6A is more useful in America than Japan, where people don't block overheads well" than anything else)

But yeah. Be thankful there is an option for when your Dice car gets blocked that's auto-pilot and gets you out of being punished. Using that option select, you have a really strong hidden gimmick. And don't tell me 50 heat isn't well spent getting out of being punished and mixing up your opponent further, that's crazy.

Another note completely, what do you mean Lambda's 4B doesn't count :psyduck:

Smoosh, you put words in people's mouths all the time.

6A >Dice car/RC option select was not an argument saying "Hey, 6A is a good overhead", as you declared it was. It was saying "Hey, you can do something really useful, this will help your Jin a lot".

For the record, Jin's 6A is damn hard to block if you know how to hide it. The speed of an overhead is certainly applicable. Jin's is just too fast for me to react to, so I have to pure yomi his overheads, which is scary. Render hits me with so many 6As it isn't even funny (Side note; this is more of a "6A is more useful in America than Japan, where people don't block overheads well" than anything else)

But yeah. Be thankful there is an option for when your Dice car gets blocked that's auto-pilot and gets you out of being punished. Using that option select, you have a really strong hidden gimmick. And don't tell me 50 heat isn't well spent getting out of being punished and mixing up your opponent further, that's crazy.

Another note completely, what do you mean Lambda's 4B doesn't count :psyduck:

right let me correct myself (as I do tend to say something different than what I meant), what I essentially meant was the a overhead with such low reward should need to be RC'd.... I seriously think 6B should just become an overhead. Side note: everyone I fights blocks it on reaction (and online).... and I never use it:gonk:, mostly because it looks far different than the rest of his moveset. 2nd side note: I get hit by all overheads all the time..... I get hit by several lows, block low get hit overhead..... my yomi is shit:gonk:

the reason Lambda's doesn't count because the first hit isn't an overhead, but the second is, so you would (and should) know that the next hit is overhead, and block accordingly.