Sign in to follow this  
worldjem7

BB:CS Match-Up Chart

Safe DPs? Arcana Heart is that way ----------------------------------->

I never said safe.........................I feel my point has been missed.

Ok, so you want a dp that's not retardedly unsafe (which beats the purpose) and gives you high dmg if it hits? Is that what you're asking for?

Ok, so you want a dp that's not retardedly unsafe (which beats the purpose) and gives you high dmg if it hits? Is that what you're asking for?

no, I want a DP not uber retarded on block, and gives actual damage, on CH you can't do anything any more, even with RC..... 50p1 is......:vbang:

A DP is supposed to be terrible on block though.

fine......................... then just better return.

I feel my point is still being missed.

fine......................... then just better return.

I feel my point is still being missed.

smooshman, I have a feeling I know what you are trying to say. THIS is the kind of DP you want to do on wakup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG6jjYOf-aM&playnext_from=TL&videos=b2nruJcpMB4. I mean if Jin got a DP super like THAT, that costs 25 tension, man things between Jin and Litchi would totally even out. amirite!?

guys

guys

guys

this game already has an unpunishable dp

smooshman, I have a feeling I know what you are trying to say. THIS is the kind of DP you want to do on wakup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG6jjYOf-aM&playnext_from=TL&videos=b2nruJcpMB4. I mean if Jin got a DP super like THAT, that costs 25 tension, man things between Jin and Litchi would totally even out. amirite!?

........................wut? that doesn't make sense..... and no.......

Qwerty:.........Vapor thrust is safer than inferno divider.....

So he wants a DP that's unsafe, but not -45646456546545 unsafe and does decent damage like 600 or something?

if you want to escape pressure just ib and jump

if you want to mash dp to escape pressure theres this wonderful game called ssf4

alright! I have arived!

smoosh your point is dumb, jin's DP's in CT was dumb, I'm glad they fixed that dumb shit. if you want better return than you better go suck ragna's dick for that ID.

real talk: jin's C DP can combo but the timing is hella strict for a CH.

also I know your not bitching especially since you got 4 fucking DP's.

HEY EL KAY! HOW BOUT THAT TAGER MAN, LET ME HEAR YOU TALK ABOUT HOW FREE HE IS!!!

seriously LK I'd like to hear your OP on it.

Haven't heard that one in a while lollll

IMO the Tager vs Litchi match is pretty much the same as CT except the damage has shifted. Litchi does way more damage than Tager now. She doesn't have the corner only Tager shenanigans she did from CT anymore (:mad:) but she still has the instant overheads. She has stronger pressure as well, and Tager has the worst to deal with after corner knockdown. In the end it might be a little worse than CT.

if you want to escape pressure just ib and jump

if you want to mash dp to escape pressure theres this wonderful game called ssf4

You forgot, lazy IB in ssf4 > hold block anytime = free 3 f faster recovery then on hit *if u assume roughly, block = or > hit stun like in most other games

smoosh your point is dumb, jin's DP's in CT was dumb, I'm glad they fixed that dumb shit. if you want better return than you better go suck ragna's dick for that ID.

real talk: jin's C DP can combo but the timing is hella strict for a CH.

surprisingly, I agree:psyduck:

in CT 623C had a disprortionate reward to risk, now it's the opposite, the risk is now worse with FC's, and the reward is rather low. It still does a fairly good job for it's purpose, I mean alot of characters don't even have meterless reversals.

Does anyone have the match-ups for Rachel? and can anyone outline Rachel's overall and match-up specific options that she can use? I kinda wanna main her and I want more info on her game plan. thankies :D

The Rachel forums probably can.

Watch videos, just do what they do.

Or just stick to Haku. You're pretty strong with him, and he's so much more fun in CS.

surprisingly, I agree:psyduck:

in CT 623C had a disprortionate reward to risk, now it's the opposite, the risk is now worse with FC's, and the reward is rather low. It still does a fairly good job for it's purpose, I mean alot of characters don't even have meterless reversals.

Your reward is not having to block mixup and making the opponent respect you on wakeup so they don't just do whatever they want every time. That's why people hate dp fadc ultra, because doing a safe dp into 50% is fucking stupid. D dp still has decent reward depending on where you are at least.

Your reward is not having to block mixup and making the opponent respect you on wakeup so they don't just do whatever they want every time. That's why people hate dp fadc ultra, because doing a safe dp into 50% is fucking stupid. D dp still has decent reward depending on where you are at least.

again I don't want 'safe' just screwed on block and not fucked. Yes D DP is now Jin's best option for getting out of pressure, and iirc he actually gains heat faster than the average character, so it's likely you'll have the heat. Jin actually has several options with heat, D DP, TKj236D (risky), with 50 he can reversal with ice arrows..... oh and now he has yukikaze. So Jin has a lot of options to get out of pressure with with heat, like everything else, but without heat he's s.o.l., like everything else.

again I don't want 'safe' just screwed on block and not fucked. Yes D DP is now Jin's best option for getting out of pressure, and iirc he actually gains heat faster than the average character, so it's likely you'll have the heat. Jin actually has several options with heat, D DP, TKj236D (risky), with 50 he can reversal with ice arrows..... oh and now he has yukikaze. So Jin has a lot of options to get out of pressure with with heat, like everything else, but without heat he's s.o.l., like everything else.

If you're going to keep bitching about BAW MY INVULNERABLE REVERSAL MOVE ISN'T 100% SAFE ON BLOCK AND DOESN'T GIVE ME 5K OFF CH, maybe you should main Unlimited Jin and stop trying to play BB seriously.

If you're going to keep bitching about BAW MY INVULNERABLE REVERSAL MOVE ISN'T 100% SAFE ON BLOCK AND DOESN'T GIVE ME 5K OFF CH, maybe you should main Unlimited Jin and stop trying to play BB seriously.

your so right, saying that being less unsafe (note DOESN'T MEAN SAFE, you know -35 instead of -40) and wanting some damage (even if only 2.5k) off a CH without spending 50 heat for an RC to get the same damage.

why the fuck do people think I said safe? I meant less unsafe. For fucksake I never said + on block, just not retarded unsafe on block. Hell they could keep it the same on block if I get some damage in return, and I never said a lot goddammit, just some. 50 p1 is pretty shitty to even attempt a combo.... even just going for 60 p1 would be okay. is it to much to ask for a risk/reward proportionate DP/reversal? I mean it's not like I asking for it to do 2000 damage, +20 on block, and 150p1 people. I don't even really care about the -40 on block anymore.... I care there's no damage return at all, spending 50 heat on CH to scratch 2.5K is annoying. you know what FUCK IT NEVERMIND I'M OBVIOUSLY A CRAZY PERSON WHO NEEDS TO TAPE HIS HANDS TOGETHER TO KEEP FROM STABBING THE WALL.

EDIT: after removing the hemorrhage this conversation has given me, I'll break this down logically

RISK: eating a massive FC combo, and having to deal with more pressure/oki/etc. THEORETICALLYsome characters can counter with astrals on whiff.

REWARD: you hit the enemy and they go straight up, and can tech about the same time you recover, on CH a little later, you cannot follow up with anything to get enemy away from you with out spending meter you could've used to do a better option.

I can't believe I'm reading of people whining on a character that has four freaking dragon punches. FOUR. And only needs 25% meter to get out of pressure.

What the hell?

Go play SF4 if you like to mash your shoryus for big damage.

smooshman you're totally missing the point of a reversal move. It would incredibly dumb if a plain reversal were to be something you can safely throw whenever you like it. Its OBVIOUS purpose is to solely get you out of the opponent's pressure and as mind game tool to make you respect on your ukemi. That is all. Asking for a safe on block DP would make the character stupid as the opponent would have no way to punish for throwing your reversals mindlessly.

Your "reward" is interrupting your opponent's pressure and setting up yours, that's where the reward in a successful DP lies. Not damage. Duh.

because your point doesn't make sense.

even if it was -20 on block then it would still be punished the same way.

get it!? as long as it above -15 everyone can kill you for it.

also stensatsu is right, and you wanting more reward for a DP is pretty silly when A,B, and D DP puts out good damage on CH in corner.

look at it like this: litchi's DP doesn't give out a big reward either.

again your point is dumb.