Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kasou

Official: Chipp General Questions Thread

if you do a running jump and FDC properly, you will fall down in a more vertical angle, if you screw up, the angle will not be affected at all and you will land normally from the jump (other side of the screen). also, if you run, then jump straight up and FDC, you will fall straight down - no angle to it at all (if you did it right).

Hmmm...I think that I'm not doing the correct inputs. I saw this in the general conventions thread, but I'm a little confused about what buttons I should press...

To perform the FDC you must dash across towards the opponent, jump then hit 2K, hold both, and very quickly after hit another button

So...it's like, IAD, 2k, than you quickly faultless defense out of the 2k?

I think so... Just make sure you go from 2k to like 1K+P or something. I get carried away and end up hitting 214 and doing that damn shuriken... I'm a sub-par Chipp player though, so before you consider your question answered, I'd suggest waiting for ATG or sugata to post. :P

There is no IAD in that sequence. You are just running on the ground and jumping in the air, and soon after, doing the FDC drop. Restating... Run -> Jump forward or straight up (either way you will have momentum) -> do 1k (hold down both buttons) then quickly hit another button You can hold down 1 during the entire jump, its the "K + other button" motion that's important.

I also had trouble doing shuriken instead of the FDC drop when I switched to stick, so I started doing Slashback cancel instead (j.3k followed by 3S+HS. It's a little more movement with the fingers, but you spend less tension and dont run the risk of using shuriken. also, you can SBC IADs but you can't FDC them, so it has decent practical uses.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who had that problem then. *phew* Made me feel extra scrubby when that happened in the heat of battle... I'll have to work on Slash Back Canceling. Never messed with it before, but I know its worth the little while in training mode it takes to get it down.

Yo, I already posted this in the wrong spot so I didn't get much help, so I'm posting it here; I'm wondering if any serious Chipp players had problems throwing a 236S Fire Punch after a dashing poke. I wonder if Chipp players have a trick to keep from uppercutting (623S). I see 66236S in input but he still uppercuts. I've tried doing 6641236 and he STILL uppercuts. I'm a D-pad whore, but perhaps I'm too a speedy whore? The only thing that KIND of works is waiting a slight bit for my favorite quick pokes to hit. (5HS, 2D) Chipp is my main, and my most glaring weakness is whiffed uppercuts from ground dash pokes gone awry. Now how does that make me look? Lil help?

Wooooooooooow.... I've done it like 20 times in a row now. That little forward at the end seems to be extremely consistent. Thank you so so very much :psyduck:

Yo, I already posted this in the wrong spot so I didn't get much help, so I'm posting it here; I'm wondering if any serious Chipp players had problems throwing a 236S Fire Punch after a dashing poke. I wonder if Chipp players have a trick to keep from uppercutting (623S).

I see 66236S in input but he still uppercuts. I've tried doing 6641236 and he STILL uppercuts. I'm a D-pad whore, but perhaps I'm too a speedy whore? The only thing that KIND of works is waiting a slight bit for my favorite quick pokes to hit. (5HS, 2D)

Chipp is my main, and my most glaring weakness is whiffed uppercuts from ground dash pokes gone awry. Now how does that make me look? Lil help?

u can jus go neutral after which ever dashing attack connects. *save for 6k of course* dash, atk, neutral, rekka. pretty simple stuff, jus dont hold fwd/6 after the atk connects. of course u could use it to ur adv and jus frc the beta and either advance or retreat, all up to how u wanna play it and capitalize on an error.

I've ended up doing a mix of what was suggested. I hardly throw uppercuts I don't mean to anymore. FRCing to me is still a bit impractical. The only FRC I do in combat is from the aerial 236P, and I feel like that's a pretty easy one. FRCing out of a move I didn't mean to do is a bit beyond me, although I agree with your theory, hell of a mix up. (Namely from 2D) So now I got more questions :D Tips on transitioning a jump install would be nice. Are there certain characters where you just HAVE to FRC to do an inescapable air combo? Some characters like Ky I do a JI in a close slash into 2HS, and the punch whiffs and the the kick's second stage only connects. And does 41236HS effect things when doing jump install combos? Do pro chipp players prefer installs to just hitting them into the air? I just want really solid air combos so anything that could satisfy my curiosity would be appreciated.

first of all, do you have recovery on in practice? cause you said only 2nd hit of j.k connected... second, against ky, going into ji combo off of a normal hit is pointless, since you could do better damage & knockdown with close S into 2d,rekka, HS, iad. combo and so on (see combo list). also, ky is very hard to juggle with a ji (if you want do do it anyway), 1f timing for the j.p after 22hs teleport. roboky is impossible to combo off of 2HS, tele, j.p. a gamma makes those combos easier against those chars, since it makes them float higher. nowadays (accent core), i only use jump install combos on rare occasions - for example after blocking a burst against johnny (hard to combo with an instant air dash combo).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL69EORYNcQ

around 1:50 Chipp does a Dust teleport after landing and is able to jump and do an aircombo. How exactly does he jump install that without having hit the opponent before the teleport? Is it one of those JI where you jump and land without using all of your jumps and then cancelling the landing recovery with the teleport, giving you the JI?

I guess you can call it somewhat of a landing JI. You begin inputting the teleport while you're still in the air, ending with a 8HS/D the instant you hit the ground. Basically...22(while still in the air) -> 8 + HS/D the instant you touch the ground. If you've done it correctly, you should have 2 jumps available, meaning you can also air dash.

you don't need to do 22,8hs/d after landing, just do 22hs or 22d the exact moment you land. that way you avoid super jump-installing the teleport (which would give you an air dash, but no double / triple jump). also, if you did a double / triple jump before the landing jump install, you will miss those options after the teleport. a common setup is after an air throw: air throw, 22hs tele on landing, late air dash, j.hs. since you have relatively much time to act after an air throw, it looks to the enemy as if you would land from the teleport before he wakes up from the air throw. If he tries to throw you, you counter his HS with the air dash j.HS. does not work against venom or players who use offensive option select with faster moves.

I've used recovery frames a lot to improve the integrity of air combos or whatever, but I mostly go by keeping BEAT colored. And I mostly use either Sol or Bridget for attack dummies... mostly sol... and I think we had a misunderstanding about ky, I meant the second kick of his normal j.k. Pardon my lapses in terminology. If I could quote like Kensou did me I would right here but, I dun :keke: "you don't need to do 22,8hs/d after landing, just do 22hs or 22d the exact moment you land. that way you avoid super jump-installing the teleport (which would give you an air dash, but no double / triple jump). also, if you did a double / triple jump before the landing jump install, you will miss those options after the teleport." I've done a single jump and with a landing 22HS/D teleport and all I can do from it is and IAD. I just started doing IAD combos consistently the other day, but I do c.s, 6P, 6HS and then IAD HS beta. The beat isn't colored and it's in Survival mode with wavering difficulty. None of my friends can beat me yet, but they're just now good enough to recover when my combo's are sloppy. The JI also helps my lockdown game. I do 22D hit one side with slash, jc, 2k on the other.

I've used recovery frames a lot to improve the integrity of air combos or whatever, but I mostly go by keeping BEAT colored. And I mostly use either Sol or Bridget for attack dummies... mostly sol...

Er, aren't Sol air combos slightly diff from everyone else's? :P

mandu, landing tele should give you double/triple jump, and for the love of GOD, switch recovery on, or you'll never find out if your combos knock down, because beat doesn't go gray in that situation, it looks as if the combo was fine.

you don't need to do 22,8hs/d after landing, just do 22hs or 22d the exact moment you land. that way you avoid super jump-installing the teleport (which would give you an air dash, but no double / triple jump).

also, if you did a double / triple jump before the landing jump install, you will miss those options after the teleport.

a common setup is after an air throw:

air throw, 22hs tele on landing, late air dash, j.hs. since you have relatively much time to act after an air throw, it looks to the enemy as if you would land from the teleport before he wakes up from the air throw. If he tries to throw you, you counter his HS with the air dash j.HS. does not work against venom or players who use offensive option select with faster moves.

Of Airthrow sounds like a pretty good idea. Unfortunately that throw bait setup doesn't work against VV spam and the like :gonk: And yeah I was testing it, you dont need to hit 8 in the middle of it so it's fairly easy to do.

true, air dash won't help against VV, but you can simply not do the air dash, land & block as a mixup - although this is dangerous, as it clearly looks like you land too early for the enemy (getting you thrown)

Also I have a another question for advance chipp player. How do you that move 0:30-0:33. www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4f8Gi1FZFY {Gulity Gear accent core Susumu{chipp} v.s tara testament.

Also I have a another question for advance chipp player. How do you that move 0:30-0:33. www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4f8Gi1FZFY {Gulity Gear accent core Susumu{chipp} v.s tara testament.

Well...there's a few moves in there. But what you're seeing in the entire combo is c.S, 5HS, 236P->RC, 6HS.

What you're seeing at the opening of the Gamechariot match is an impossible dust:

http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/tech/id.html

To be exact, the combo is:

5D-IAD (Instant air dash: http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/tech/iad.html)-j.K-(land)-6HS-j.P-j.K-j.S-j.C(jump cancel)-j.K-j.K-j.S-j.C-j.S-j.HS(2)

If you're confused about what those mean: http://www.dustloop.com/ggac/data/conv.html

d.s©,hs, 236P, RC, 6HS

also, what "gamechariot" 0:06 are you talking about? please provide a link or a full filename for the match.

Okay I knew he was Roman cancelling. I knew I what to do to do the combo but when I try I think I he something wrong with the timing. Ooo yea by the way AtTheGAtes the link is www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFC6H1ge2eE By the way have you ever though how smart forginer are? Your German and you can speak english that impressive.