Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kasou

Official: Chipp General Questions Thread

The video you have requested is not available.

If you have recently uploaded this video, you may need to wait a few minutes for the video to process.

i find it impressive that i am 25 and still had no heart attack playing chipp.

Two newb questions: 1. Is there anyway to combo after a connected 236S, 236S other than a RC? Maybe on counterhit or slightly airborne opponent or something? I swear I saw a video with someone doing a combo after it... I think a quick dash, S,H, to launch or something close but I can't find a way to make it happen. 2. I read somewhere that Jam's IAD was the lowest vertically?. Am I crazy, or is Chipp's just as low in the air? Did I miss this information on an obvious chart somewhere on the site?

chipp's airdash isn't low at all, check slayer for some lolz. comboing after 236s,236s only if the 2nd hits as CH -> you can link a sweep, for example.

d.s© means dashing close slash, not down slash

Oh. It's really confusing to me when people don't put the attack button last in the notation. :psyduck:

Ok well i joined this forum on the 07/01 . The day i started playing Guilty Gear, i am now hooked on the game and LOVE chipp, i have Frapsed a video of me playing with chip against Jan on Maniac setting and was hoping that i could get some pointers on my play :)

i am not using any of the advanced techniques discussed on this board really, this is just my base gameplay after just over a week.

http://www.sanitarium.fm/movian/Chipp.avi

*Note*

The video is encoded with DivX

also it may say No Video but keep watching for 3-4 seconds and the video WILL start :)

er..

Try combos.

I hear they're kinda important.

Chipp doesn't need combos because his attacks are so fast and his abare is so good.

Just use his high defense and offense to score mondo pointage on the opponent.

My chipp is so good now I know I'm better than kensou

Chipp doesn't need combos because his attacks are so fast and his abare is so good.

Just use his high defense and offense to score mondo pointage on the opponent.

My chipp is so good now I know I'm better than kensou

M-M-M-M-MONDO POINTAGE

:psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

well so far the only usefull information has been "work on your combos" unfortunatly, the chip combo thread apears to no longer exist....

i took a quick look at that video. you need to learn to react to things - to anything at all. i know this is hard when playing against the AI, but you need to condition yourself to do certain things at certain times. no invis in the corner when the enemy is right in front of you, no 3 rekkas all the time (predictable & punishable), no random beta blades (absolutely not, will get you killed in a real match, especially in reload). for starters, try to react to a jumping enemy and anti air him with 6p. then 5HS, air combo, or, if you think the 6p will hit as a counterhit, 6p,6hs. you really need to play against people. maybe you should try reload online? since you seem to play reload anyway.

i have reload online, however almost everyone apears "ping over" , even my friends that have the game i am unable to play with. Thank you for the information, the "random" beta blades are me trying to do specific things and failing miserably. i will but some serious practice in, Thanks for the link to the chipp combos, however the link to it in the "Just starting chipp thread" and many of those other links are all broken :\

Hey ATG Great video wish I had chipp similar to yours. I have been playing chipp for 4 weeks and i can't do any combos right that most of the famous chipp player us. Like for Susumu and samitto. There Chipp's are so superior to me I practice every day and there is no improvement in my gameplay. My friends doomscyther, and kurum are telling me everything that know about the game, but it looks if I'm not gaining anything. They were tell me to quit chipp, but I don't want to. I like playing chipp. They told me that i have with problem with button config. ,my reaction to the combo I do don't connect. They also said that my combos don't make sense. Some how I need to improve. I think that I should play stick,but there telling that not the problem. What do I need to do ? How do I improve ? I'm go committing what ever i need to do to get better to be a better gamer. Sorry if my intelligence effects you in any way.

hey there. well, just play and play and don't give up. also, when you watch match videos, watch them several times and think about why a player did something, with every little thing he does. once you have more experience this will be easier, but it helps you understand their choices in situations. for combos, go with the easy stuff first. S,6P,S,2D anti air: 6P counterhit, 6HS, j.p,k,s, dj.p,k,s, tj.hs, beta (or leave the beta away, that way you land earlier, less dangerous) if you don't get a 6p counterhit you can simply do HS, then the air combo. preemptive anti air: you see your opponent jump at you - immediately jump or running jump j.P j.P into air combo. dust combo: mash j.D (3 j.dusts), j.S,HS,beta zoning: zone & poke with 2D, 6P and dashing 2S for a start. vs. some chars, try dashing 5HS. movement: if you are airborne, make sure the make it as unpredictable as possible when and where you land. example: running jump forward, you see your enemy is awaiting your jumpin, air dash back to get out. escape: - k teleport in the right moment - superjump, airdash - corner: double jump straight up, then 4,6 for the walldive - against dangerous chars: if you pressure and can't get anything to connect, sometimes it is best to S teleport back out of a gatling. then just 214K and try to get close again. teleports: don't abuse them, especially not full screen. they are most useful to escape (k teleport), for okizeme (P tele and D tele).

Usually you just do Gamma Blade, then whatever else. Or some other OTG combo. On Potemkin you can do a 2P or c.S, and it will put him back in to a standing state. You have to do the 2P, or c.S, as soon as possible (1 frame timing?) otherwise you will just OTG him.

Also my friend answer me that I need to understand my projects of my move like for a example look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdP13eF3Bpc watch at 0:07 and 0:32 and some on etc. How do you keep that move going, because every time when the opponent jump in and I j.p,k,s then after slash I can't continue to j.p or j.k. How do you do those moves? I have to learn this is stuff quickly. Thanks for your help. Sorry for my english I'm dyslexic.