Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ronove

[CS1] Taokaka General Discussion

People dislike trying to catch her all round, and dislike getting taunt looped for hours, mostly. And the worst thing is, most of us thought taunt loop was boring in the first place, but were forced to do it for max damage.

But a lot of people will recognize that she was one of the harder characters to play as.

People dislike trying to catch her all round, and dislike getting taunt looped for hours, mostly. And the worst thing is, most of us thought taunt loop was boring in the first place, but were forced to do it for max damage.

But a lot of people will recognize that she was one of the harder characters to play as.

I think the "catch her" part is worse. You are kinda forced to play like that against some characters like Litchi, Ragna and maybe Valk since 1 hit from those characters means that you lose half of you HP and get trapped in oki. About taunt loop, at least you have some options like 1 taunt+22C combos that the damage isn't much different from a full taunt loop combo (like 200-500 dmg, except for 6C, 3C in coner etc)

Hehehehee.

See you guys in CSII: The Revenge of Jin

Die flooder, you don't belong to this forum.

I think the "catch her" part is worse.

Personally, I love movement based fighting game characters that go outside of the norm, that's why I stuck with Taokaka in CT. There not all that many of them in fighting games in general, but if done well they can be amazing characters. I believe the main problem in CS is that a lot of characters lost their tools to fight against that style, and the fact that we had more damage and lower recovery drives meant it became way too good. They had to balance it, not go overboard. Let's hope the final version of CS2 has a more refined Taokaka than the loketests.

Personally, I think they already had the character right in CT.

Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure Tao's drives had a longer recovery in CT, as compared to CS drives. Maybe, just MAYBE, Arc is changing Tao back to the CT style with a few tweaks. Either way, we'll find out soon enough. Whatever the case, I know for sure that I'll still be playing Tao, even if she's bottom tier.

The problem with tao is not her drives, yeah they could change that by all means, her drives was to save n got used and abused without a doubt, all im worried about is her launchers, ok so we got 6a, 6c possible, and 236c, so we could hav a good high low cross up mixup game but its all gonna come down to the launcher, unless she gets some useful ground combos without air we still be screwed,

Interesting quirk:

When in corner, 5B -> 6A -> TK Sticky Kitty

This will summon alot of dust on the screen. Really pointless but lol.

You can super jump into Sticky Kitty real quickly, (28214) for more dust effects.

:D

Figured this would be the best place to post a question?

What am I doing wrong if I am taunt looping and my taunt's first hit isn't definite? Does that mean I'm pressing j.2D too late, or am I just not pressing the taunt button quick enough?

"Definite" as in? You mean the combo bluebeats or the opponent recovers before the taunt connects?

You don't have to mash the taunt right after the j.2D~B since you can't buffer it, there's a small window of time (really small) you have to wait for (basically when Tao is standing up again) and then press the taunt. You'll find it by practicing, most of the times it's just a matter of execution speed/rhythm.

He techs. Sorry about the seriously late response, but I forgot that I even posted that here.

Edit: Also, I practice this against Bang, if there's any problem with that.

Edit: I have an idea of what I'm doing wrong now. I use a controller, so this is a total pain in the ass.

Since I had a snow day, I spent about 9 hours practicing this on the controller and am FINALLY starting to get it down. All I gotta do is learn what to follow up with/all the setups.

Dear Taokaka General Discussion thread,

I sometimes played as Taokaka in Calamity Trigger and enjoyed her high mobility and hit-and-run shenanigans that could lame out or generally annoy the opponent. Her Almost Becoming Two! move was also one of my favorite distortion drives in the game, although she also had a good set of normals and specials to win matches with.

Anyway, my question to you is this:

Considering that Taokaka throws a bowling ball in the C version of Kitty Litter Special, does this mean that...

A) Taokaka enjoys bowling?

B) She sees Arakune's mask as a bowling ball?

C) If she were real, would she agree to go bowling with me? :kitty:

I don't bowl and I don't play Taokaka anymore, but I am curious about this.

Sincerely,

Undying :v:

Dear Taokaka General Discussion thread,

I sometimes played as Taokaka in Calamity Trigger and enjoyed her high mobility and hit-and-run shenanigans that could lame out or generally annoy the opponent. Her Almost Becoming Two! move was also one of my favorite distortion drives in the game, although she also had a good set of normals and specials to win matches with.

Anyway, my question to you is this:

Considering that Taokaka throws a bowling ball in the C version of Kitty Litter Special, does this mean that...

A) Taokaka enjoys bowling?

B) She sees Arakune's mask as a bowling ball?

C) If she were real, would she agree to go bowling with me? :kitty:

I don't bowl and I don't play Taokaka anymore, but I am curious about this.

Sincerely,

Undying :v:

A)yes, she's been training for the bowling league all her life. little known fact.

B)no, tao only plays with professional approved bowling balls

C)no, because she doesn't play amateurs

A)yes, she's been training for the bowling league all her life. little known fact.

B)no, tao only plays with professional approved bowling balls

C)no, because she doesn't play amateurs

I fucking love you bro, no homo.

Also, Tao is annoying for Noel to fight, we don't have any good anti-airs, so if any Noel's are giving you trouble, just watch me and XDest play a few times, and you'll see the proper way to deal with her ;w;

Tao just needs to push buttons against Noel, really.

There's hardly anything that Tao should be afraid of when facing CS1 Noel, she can do pretty much whatever she wants. The only thing that used to be bothersome was her 2D back in CT, but it's not an overhead anymore plus any Tao should have learned to 6A that move on reaction anyway.

noels air normals do pretty well against tao actually

tao can just run circles around her though. . . one hit pretty much is a round if she feels like it

noels air normals do pretty well against tao actually

tao can just run circles around her though. . . one hit pretty much is a round if she feels like it

Noel still needs to Yomi it out though, you can't air to air Tao on reaction, you need to score a lucky j.A or j.B, and if you guess wrong on timing you get CH'd out of the air into a fun little combo. If Noel scores the hit, she gets 1k at most.

I fucking love you bro, no homo.

Also, Tao is annoying for Noel to fight, we don't have any good anti-airs, so if any Noel's are giving you trouble, just watch me and XDest play a few times, and you'll see the proper way to deal with her ;w;

>Implying you found a proper way to deal with it

>Implying you found a proper way to deal with it

>I was actually implying that you know how to deal with Noel

Stay illiterate XDest :3

I just skimmed it over. I should probably be more awake when replying to different things.

I just skimmed it over. I should probably be more awake when replying to different things.

Yeah man, you hurt mah feelins.

tauntloop is fun