Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

I-No Combo Thread (Accent Core)

Slash STBT corner meterless follow ups (no AB):

5K > JS:

AX, ZA, DI, SL, OS, MA, ED, PO, TE, IN, FA, (BA; raw hit only, very hard)

6P > 5H:

JO, MI, JA, CH, AN, SO, KY, BR, RO, VE, (PO; hard)

Damage potential from this; even with a 2K starter is so worth it when you consider the meter gain, damage and practicality of this instead of going into S STBT > 5K > HCL (frc). I've made this a staple of my corner game so far and it is great. Certain starters start approaching 200 dmg for no meter.

Example follow up combos are:

A)

...S STBT > 6P > 5H > j.H > S dive >...© or (D)

B)

...S STBT > 5K > j.S > j.H > S dive >...© or (D)

--- INTO: ---

C)

[5S > j.S > j.H > K dive]

D)

[5K > HCL (frc) > iad j.S > VCL > 5S > j.S > j.H > K dive]

Good stuff Mynus, I feel kinda guilty having known about some of these since #R or Slash lol...

I should do a brief combo writeup on 6p 5hs IAD combos

vs PO: Midscreen 6p 5hs IAD j.k j.s j.hs land 5p sjc j.p j.s j.hs k dive (depending on distance from corner) OR HCL frc airdash j.hs k dive

vs PO: near corner or corner, 6p 5hs IAD j.k j.s j.hs land 5s© VCL 5s© SJC j.s j.hs k dive

since into [c] didn't work against may for me, i came up with this:

147/209 DMG: (2K,6P,...)41236S,5K, j.S,j.HS,j.236S,\/, S©, sj.S,j.HS,j.236[P] (hold a while), link air dash j.HS,j.236K.

if you don't delay the j.236[P], the combo won't knockdown.

note that i'm not really an i-no player, so this is probably obvious for you, just thought i'd mention it anyway.

he means if you do the move and she gets hit by it randomly and you didn't combo into it as in off a crouching hit confirm...

Yeah alot of the followups are char specific so you have to know what body type/weight class you are comboing and then adjust accordingly. Those are just example combos so feel free to make up your own based on what char your trying to combo. Way too much char specific stuff to write out for each character, although I want to put this stuff in the wiki so there will probably be char specific breakdowns coming most likely when +R hits consoles.

I should do a brief combo writeup on 6p 5hs IAD combos

Yeah ppl were asking about that stuff earlier, i cant really explain the timing for it, except that you have like 2-3 frames to link that combo lol. Still with that in your bag meterless corner carry gets so much better its so worth grinding it out in the lab.

Ah ok, wasn't familiar with the term, and it was hard to infer from context since I only ever get blocked when doing STBT or I land a CH, so I forgot that it was even possible to land a regular hit. :psyduck:

Can't wait for the PSN launch so I can finally get consistent practice. This crazy work schedule should be ending like this week and I even went and got better internet service. It sucks not being able to do basic stuff over a year after switching to stick and I-No.

Copy/pasta'd a lot more combo nonsense into LM_Akira's first post in this thread. Now to just clean it up...

Is there a more consistent way to pull off the chemical love? I can do it on the player 2 side if I go super slow but when I try to combo into it against a moving opponent it goes horribly.

horizontal chemical love?... well, what combo are you trying to do and who are you doing it against..?

I-no has a bunch of character specific stuff...

I'm simply trying to do it more instinctively in a link(im practicing it after 5k) I can get it80% of the time on the player 1 side but on the player 2 side it comes out about 10% of the time.

if you are having trouble doing it by traditional methods (just do it fast, press k then input 632146 k slightly before and during the hitstun of the k) then, I can suggest trying the negative edge method, which is press k then hold the kick button then while you are holding it, input 632146 then release the kick button, if done correctly, 5k hcl will combo...

and if the problem still remains; the solution is simple: plug your controller in the 2p side then just practice doing the 412364 k motion until you can do it smoothly and flawlessly 25-50 times in a row, go faster and faster each time (each time you mess up the motion, reset the counter...:keke:)... after it becomes easy, then try doing it in combos and off hit confirms...:eng101: practice makes perfect...

One thing that might help is doing 5K > 2S > HCL > FRC > AD. The 5K > 2S will give you time to buffer, but the 2S > HCL is still tight. Once you can get that down, work in 5K > 8 > 2S, so you can get the JI needed to AD out of HCL. There's a youtube video somewhere that explains the timing for JI'd HCL AD: you have a window of something like 10 or 12 frames to airdash, so doing a TK'd HCL out of say 5H is relatively easy since you have several frames of leniency to leave the ground, and that gives you time to AD before you hit the ground. However, out of a JI setup, you have 4 frames(?) before you hit the ground on the HCL, making it way harder.

But just getting 5K > HCL... you might want to work on other HCL combos to get the input nice and clean, facing both directions, before you try to get it fast enough to combo out of 5K.

By the way, I do 5K > 360 > K > 6 > FRC > 6. The 63214[K] > 6]K[ thing is great and all, but I feel like doing part of the input before the K removes the usefulness of 5K as a poke into HCL, so I learned it this way. I'm sure it works great for timing something like Stroke(S) > 5K > HCL, but I didn't want to force that into muscle memory and suck at using 5K poke (though I assume 5K > JI > 2S > HCL would work in most cases anyway, especially as a "WTF LOW" setup if they block the 5K). You may want to try the 63214K >6 + release K method at first, just to get it.

Sorry to double post, but has anyone worked out any combos off of VCL as a poke? It's great for beating lows/throws, so I use it on wakeup occasionally, or if I read a tick-throw attempt and feel like committing to something risky. I'm going for stuff out of VCL > FRC > j.K > j.S > land > c.S as a starter. I get the feeling that you could burst bait easily off of this by substituting 5Ps on landing, or against lightweights, buffering another VCL to come out when you go for the c.S on landing. You'd do the 63214, if they burst, hit SH for the slashback, and then move forward and negative edge the S for VCL. If they don't burst there, you could probably get the c.S > VCL > catch > whatever... probably go for 5P > 5K > HCL > whatever at that range. It's great because this setup works even at center screen, and it looks like it should lead to corner knockdown on just about anyone if you feel like spending 1/2 meter total, while getting some sizable damage in.

But, you guys may have worked out something better. Got anything for me? I haven't even tried comboing for free on lightweights off of a CH VCL yet, so I don't know if that works.

*Edit* Spelling mistakes corrected.

That would imply that you are tk'ing the VCL, but then your adding at least +3 startup frames to a move which is airborne on frame 1, thus increasing the chances you will get counter-hit out of it because of your Jump startup.

Perhaps you can do VCL > frc > (2p/5p) 5K > ect, but I wouldn't recommend trying to tk that on wakeup.

Nah, you don't have to TK the VCL. You do grounded VCL > FRC, then j.K > j.S before you hit the ground. I've tried doing j.K > j.S > dj.S > whatever, but it doesn't work specifically for that reason - I wasn't TKing the VCL. I also realized then that it wouldn't be worth it for the reasons you mentioned, so I'm trying to stick to stuff you can do with a standard VCL.

Think of that mixup Koichi likes to do with Haircar > FRC > j.K. It's easy if you hit PSH for the FRC, piano an immediate K for the j.K, release the other buttons as you're doing that, and hit S for the j.S, which will come out just as you're landing. That'll give you plenty of time to go into 5P or c.S or whatever and catch them.

Or did something else I said imply TKing the VCL?

Here is my breakdown...

If you're using VCL as a "poke" to fish out something, it's most optimal to use it at a time when you're opponent is likely to mash, say a poke or throw. This happens often when you're landing.

Hover dash in with j.hs as an example, and as you're landing, buffer the VCL. There is a trick to doing this right. Buffer it too late, and you'll see I-no will do the VCL in place with very little or no hover-dash momentum left over. Chances are the VCL didn't even touch the opponent due to pushback from your hover-dash normal. Buffer it faster, but still as you land, and you'll see I-no move forward quite a bit as you do the VCL. Buffer it perfectly and you'll see her do VCL but it'll land her on the other side of the opponent (at least it did on a somewhat short character like Ky). Or maybe I was barely airborne, it's hard to tell for me, harder to tell for the opponent lol. Anyways if the VCL connects, best combo is definitely FRC buffered S-kyogen (S-Dive), land 5k HCL 6FRC6 etc. as it's universal. On light characters, VCL on land, 6FRC6 (possible because you have auto-JI from hover-dash), j.s j.hs etc.

The VCL that makes you land on the other side always occurs if you have hover-dash momentum and are airborne. Cool uses if the VCL is blocked include:

hoverdash j.k VCL FRC j.k(crosses up) combo

hoverdash j.k VCL FRC airdash backwards j.d (crosses up to original position, you may need some more height on the hoverdash to pull this off)

hoverdash j.k VCL FRC airdash backwards j.k (if they expect the above, or mash throw if they expect you to land)

hoverdash j.k VCL FRC go low with 2k/2s

with less momentum hoverdash j.k VCL j.k can stay on the same side too, first j.k is of course replaceable with other air normals

Basically 3:03 in this video onwards...

Good stuff, I'll try to work that into my game.

OH, any tips for getting the timing for air dashing out of Pdive? I either try to do it too soon and get nothing, or when I delay to when I'm sure it'll work, I can't get a combo off of it.

P-dive? practice practice...

P-dive, airdash j.s is easy, but you should always practice with j.hs since it's tight and helps you perfect your timing. and your input should be 236P (bounces) input one 6 slightly too early, input 6 + hs right after that, at least thats how I do it. Try to watch I-no bounce off and find a visual timing cue that works for you.

for me, getting p-dive to combo into j.HS or j.S is simple; i just memorized when the animation is going to end and do 66 as fast as possible after she bounces of their body...

Yeah, I honestly just need more practice time. I've been playing I-No, and stick, for about 1.5 years now, but that doesn't mean anything when you play a few games every few weeks. Life is a *****. At least I can get 5K > HCL > follow ups like 30% of the time now. Pressing the buttons is so damn easy on a stick that I can't stand going back to pad, but the stick itself is just so irritating to manipulate the way I want. I still block things wrong at times because of that. Dashing is another problem... but I'm working on it. I can get Chemical Love Extends maybe 50% of the time now too. : ) Those meterless corner combos you guys posted a few weeks back are great too!

It's all coming together. I bet I'll be scary as **** if I can get just an hour of practice a day for even just a month.

Hey, thanks a lot for the combos! Really appreciate it. But I gotta ask, are some of them outdated or just doesn't work on plus?

Like this combo for ex.: hover dash j.s, 2k, 6p, 5s(far), j.s JC j.hs S dive, land, 5p SJC j.p j.s j.hs K dive (knockdown combo on SO, OS)

I don't get how you connect the j.s after 5s(far).