Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

I-No Combo Thread (Accent Core)

I-no is tied (with slayer i believe) for the second best backdash in the game in terms of invul, and tied with May for the second best air grab in the game in terms of range. If your movement is on point you will be dodging/grabbing everything, which is paramount since her defensive game is really limited/just plain bad outside of her supers.

In terms of Invul, it'd actually be 1) Pot 2) Slayer and 3) I-no. Overall I'd say the best backdash in the game is Zappa (same backdash frames as Potemkin (21f total, 20 invul) but divided in 2 (so Zappa is 11f total, 10 invul), so it's harder to air throw/bait punish), then Potemkin (lol technically the most invul but easiest to see and punish), then Slayer then I-no/Robo-Ky/May.

I seem to have finally gotten over this mental block I had with the HCL FRC BnB and it's all starting to come together, but I've got to ask: What should I be doing after ...6P 5HS HCL 6FRC6 midscreen?

I've seen it continued into j.S ffVCL 6[6] j.S djc etc... on Sol before, but I'm finding the hover dash link, well, impossible so far. It shouldn't be all that different in timing than following up a CH K-dive with 6[6] j.S, right? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the timing change dramatically (become impossible?) depending on how low to the ground I do the JI/TK'd HCL in the first place?

I seem to remember reading something about 6FRC6 j.S ffVCL giving you time to walk forward and continue the combo (on some characters?), but I'm starting to think my mind is playing tricks on me.

Any other options I'm forgetting/oblivious to that'll tack on at least a bit of extra damage midscreen to reward my increasingly less-rare moments of decent execution?

What do you out of the HCL 6FRC6 depends on character weight/hitbox, distance from the ground, distance from you, and position on the screen. In the corner you could probably j.S > FFVCL on Sol, but at mid screen and not close to the corner with Sol somewhat high, you'd have to do something like j.H > j.D > regular VCL. Some characters in the corner will let you do HCL > 6FRC6 > FFVCL without the j.S in there, and that'll change based on whether you did 6P > 5H > TK HCL, or 5K HCL, or STBT(S) > 5K > HCL.

So yeah... lots of variety. You really need to wing it based on all of that stuff, and also if you think they'll burst or not. Sometimes you'll need to just do j.S > j.H > land > follow up, sometimes just j.H > follow up, etc.

I think FFVCL > HD j.S works on lightweight characters like Slayer or Baiken. It might work on other characters if they're higher in the air, but Sol's hitbox is damn weird so that might be giving you problems.

You can't do HCL > 6FRC6 > whatever any lower to the ground than the JI version. When you TK it off of 6P > 5H, you're more airborne and have more of a window for the airdash, but when you JI it you're as low to the ground as possible. You wont be able to do certain follow ups on some characters when doing stuff like 5K to a grounded opponent > HCL > 6FRC6, but you'll still have some kind of follow up in all cases as far as I'm aware.

I seem to have finally gotten over this mental block I had with the HCL FRC BnB and it's all starting to come together, but I've got to ask: What should I be doing after ...6P 5HS HCL 6FRC6 midscreen?

I've seen it continued into j.S ffVCL 6[6] j.S djc etc... on Sol before, but I'm finding the hover dash link, well, impossible so far. It shouldn't be all that different in timing than following up a CH K-dive with 6[6] j.S, right? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the timing change dramatically (become impossible?) depending on how low to the ground I do the JI/TK'd HCL in the first place?

I seem to remember reading something about 6FRC6 j.S ffVCL giving you time to walk forward and continue the combo (on some characters?), but I'm starting to think my mind is playing tricks on me.

Any other options I'm forgetting/oblivious to that'll tack on at least a bit of extra damage midscreen to reward my increasingly less-rare moments of decent execution?

HCL after the VCL, another HCL will tack on more damage and give knockdown. It may take u a few tries to get the timing down but u can catch the whole cast

Now...

You're clearly TKing way too high. Sol has a really weird hitbox which makes this a great character to learn the timing for the 66 jS follow up. If you TK the HCL at the correct height I-No will actually dash under Sol's hitbox during the j.S VCL. She'll land and face the opposite direction, literally giving u a visual clue to learn the timing.

Also, u will almost never land a straight 6P 5H on a competent sol player.

Another midscreen combo is 5H jH SDIVE 5K HCL (u can continue if u have the skill and tension) pushes the opponent into the corner, tension free, perfect oki setup, even if u cant 5K HCL Airdash yet, doing this combo will give u a chance to implement it into your gameplay so once u do learn, it'll be natural.

Ah, thank you. I'll work on all that. And yeah, I've got a feel for when I can really combo Sol with it (point blank 2K mixup midscreen), but that 5HS hitbox is still getting buffed in +R, so things will improve, right?

Anybody know how to use i-no's air super in combos? I sometimes see Koichi use it in combos. Is it smart to learn the combo potential with it or is it a waste of time?

50 damage times 3 hits is pretty nice. It's probably pretty close to optimum damage unless you're doing it more than 1-2 hits into the combo. Supers also don't scale meter gain like FRC's do, and they can't be bursted. You'll have definite use for it in combos, though I honestly prefer to use it as a starter. You'll can hit 300+ damage when you tk it in the corner as a starter, though people should generally be smart enough to not run into it. Then again, with that screen freeze, they're boned if they weren't already blocking or doing something that beats it or trades. Watch out for trading with 6Ps and losing to invincible moves.

I occasionally do it after the HCL > 6FRC6 (usually by accident), and because that's a popular burst spot, you can follow up with a burst bait (5P > c.S > sj.S > whatever) after your guaranteed damage. Or it'll start after their burst starts and recover in time to block, or will go through the burst with invincibility and recover before they do, so you get the reset either way.

Anybody know how to use i-no's air super in combos? I sometimes see Koichi use it in combos. Is it smart to learn the combo potential with it or is it a waste of time?

Yes it is good to learn because its really easy to combo afterwords, as an i-no player, you are going to NEED to know how to combo after every situation that could possibly happen; it could win you the match

its good as a starter or when you don't want them to burst and you are going for the kill...

Yes it is good to learn because its really easy to combo afterwords, as an i-no player, you are going to NEED to know how to combo after every situation that could possibly happen; it could win you the match

its good as a starter or when you don't want them to burst and you are going for the kill...

^^^this!

also, I spam her super worst than boss cpu i-no.

anybody that decide to follow me after back dash will catch a UF before they hit the ground.

Let's not mention that if u get a knockdown, u get a free cross up that is flat out impossible to see coming. ...or u can tech in the air, dash into it. or u can use j.k/j.s to hit confirm into super. or 6644. seriously, I-No doesn't have 1 move that u shouldn't learn how to properly use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3RoapqqIe2U#t=105s

Hi there,

As a pretty recent I-no player (less than 6 months), there's something I don't get technically: how exactly do you do a fastfall VCL ?

I can do HCL 6FRC6 now, but the follow-up 5S > VCL is always a non fastfall VCL and that ends my combo. Is it just a question of timing, doing the VCL very soon in the airdash, or is there something else ?

Same thing with the hover dash to airdash > FF VCL. I can only get it if I do it very soon in the airdash (in fact I have to do 66 > 9632146S). And when I watch some games, it seems that I-no players manage to do FF VCL whenever they want :p

Thanks for the help !

FFVCL occurs when you use VCL during airdash frames. This window is going to get wider (from 15 to 18 frames) in +R, which might explain why players seem to do it any time.

And the way that you described doing hoverdash to airdash FFVCL is exactly how I do it. I also tend to **** that up a lot, which is frustrating since I can get the other stuff really consistently now. It'll probably help getting used to this if you want to get into those U-Zen anti-air 5P/6P > c.S > VCL > 6FRC6 > FFVCL > 5K combos.

Is there anything that incorporating 2K into my corner juggles would really enable that isn't doable otherwise, beyond converting off air-throws at certain ranges? Maybe something character-specific that I wrote off otherwise? I know I've seen Japanese players do it, but I can't remember at what point in their combos.

u can pick up with 2k cs often when u airdash too high and know ur straight cs will drop cause it hits too late. it's mostly for mixup, but often gets thrown in via muscle memory.

I know most combos u can add in a 2k for mixup purposes.

u can pick up with 2k cs often when u airdash too high and know ur straight cs will drop cause it hits too late.

I'll keep my eyes open for situations like that. The muscle memory I have drilled at the moment is for 5P>c.S (or 2P>c.S) if linking a c.S on its own isn't going to pick up. I can, for example, hold an S.dive longer so that the opponent can't air-tech the 2K and gattling into c.S for the same combos, and it does a very small amount of extra damage than if I had 5P'd. It looks like a lower juggle too, so maybe this would be useful for height control in VCL 6FRC6 combos?

I just haven't stumbled on any juggle that looked like it needed the 2K. (Or else I'm missing some opportunities.)

well 2k really isn't that important mid-combo. A lot of the pick up situations are very late in combos when it is literally only 1 hit of extra damage. I use 5p myself far more. U could also use 2k as a reset. KK1 did it all the time in slash, not as powerful nowaydays but it still allows your opponent to tech for a reset.