Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

I-No Combo Thread (Accent Core)

IN VS JO

Air throw, 2s 5hs jc j.hs p dive, air dash j.hs s dive, 5s© jc j.s j.hs p dive air dash j.s j.hs k dive 150 dmg

Can replace with delay VCL for one extra point of damage + enough frames for optimal falling VCL oki.

Air throw, 2s 5hs jc j.hs p dive, air dash j.hs s dive, 5s© jc j.s j.hs p dive air dash j.hs [p dive] k dive 151 dmg

Can replace with [s dive] for one extra point of damage, if you hold the P dive a little.

Also, any corner airthrow that is higher (like after a 6P 5H HCL tech airthrow or 5P AA techthrow) you can replace 2S with 5S and get another 1 or 2 points of damage.

IN VS SO

air throw, 2S 5H jc j.H [really delayed cancel] S dive, 5S jc j.S j.H [P dive] ad j.H [P dive] [s dive] 149 damage + 3-hit P note

also couldn't replicate your 151 damage one at all :/

IN VS MA

Air throw, 5hs JC j.hs p dive air dash j.hs VCL 5s© SJC sj.s sj.hs [p dive] air dash sj.hs [p dive] [k dive] 159 dmg *may techs out really low, maybe more delaying and she can't tech?

Don't delay that P dive. Also, I got 160 off this in training. And the first j.H VCL can be a bit problematic to land, so you can substitute the VCL for S dive for 1 less damage point (I got 159 off it).

air throw, 5H jc j.H P dive ad j.S VCL, 5S VCL, 5S jc j.S j.H [K dive] 157 + 2-hit P note

a tad easier to land; the key is to airdash j.S asap after the P dive and delay the cancel to VCL as long as possible.

Oh ya.

IN VS SL

I usually do

air throw slight walk 5S jc j.S j.H P dive ad j.H S dive, 5S jc j.S j.H P dive ad j.H P

dive, S dive 138 + note

The note doesn't seem to be 4-hit like I thought before. That might have been JO. Anyway, I also like this spacing better since it gives you tonnes of space in case you need to retreat quickly (reversal super, BDC jump shenanigans, etc.)

i think the issue is that we define knockdown differently.

to me a knockdown is a combo ender that gives you enough time to set up your oki. where in the videos all that is happening is that the s-dive is connect so close to the ground that anything afterword would just be OTG damage.

BTW Honnou, I have a bunch of potemkin airthrow combos. 6P VCL FCR Airdash, and 2K CS are both good starters vs him. I've been doing recording, just haven't transferred it toe computer yet.

Well anything that doesn't let the opponent tech till they hit the ground can be considered a knockdown. Also, the S-dive completely fits your definition of a 'knockdown' anyway. Methinks for whatever reason the S Dive isn't a "combo ender" to you. Consider that when "the s-dive is connect so close to the ground that anything afterword would just be OTG damage" is also the same instance it would give a knockdown. Just try it out.

IN VS MI

Air throw, walk slightly 5S 5H jc j.H late P dive ad j.H VCL, 5S jc j.S j.H K dive. 180 damage.

You can also sub the VCL for S dive for 1 less point I think.

--

Air throw, walk SLIGHTLY forward 5s© SJC sj.s p dive, air dash sj.s VCL, 5s© VCL, 5s© j.s j.hs [k dive] 175 dmg

Oddly enough it is a lot easier to land this combo if you superjump up instead of forward.

--

A prototype:

Air throw, 5S sjc j.S P dive ad. j.H VCL, 5H

You can follow up with 5H if you get the VCL to hit late (weird hitbox at work) but I couldn't seem to find anything that would really take advantage of the 5H relaunch.

IN VS BR

Air throw, 5H sjc j.S P dive ad. j.H VCL, 5S VCL, 5S jc j.S j.H P dive ad. j.H late VCL 164

bolded: YES YOU CAN and I think you can do it on Dizzy and possibly Johnny as well. Here, the same oddity applies from above.

And you can substitute the ending VCL for K dive for one less point if you'd prefer that spacing.

--

Air throw, 5hs JC j.hs p dive air dash j.hs VCL 5s© SJC sj.s sj.hs p dive air dash sj.s sj.hs [k dive] 161 :)

To get an S dive knockdown you can do, changing from that VCL,

S dive, 5S jc j.S j.H P dive ad. j.H slight delay [P dive] [s dive] 160

But you have to delay all the cancels from j.H as long as possible, so that Bridget is really low. When you relaunch, Bridget should be the same height as you on the ground.

--

Another prototype:

Air throw, 5H TK S dive, 5H TK H dive, 5S VCL, 5S VCL. 153ish?

Entirely too hard to do like 2 just-frame links for the amount of damage you get. Although honestly I didn't write down the final, I just saw it didn't break 160 and I'd spent like 20 minutes by then trying this out. But hey, if any of you want to give it a shot and maximise this route, have fun.

I haven't had much time lately for detailed posts, but I like what I'm seeing here. Good shit, stinkymonz. Nice to hear that you're coming along with stuff as well, buckles.

all you have to do is hold 9 while dashing then go to neutral then press 6 again. stick players should use 66956

pad players idk probably 6666

pad is 66 wait for height 96

this was easier on pad than stick for me.

Trick is to roll your thumb to 8 while holding 6. Pressing 6 again gives you 5 for free...

Also, k to hcl is k+6 360 k... On pad I did this consistantantly, but on my circle gate stick I could hit confirm...

Finally, negative edge for k hcl is best for option selecting because if you don't let go you can ad back on hit vs crouch...

Edit,

forgot to say that 360 is easier if you roll your thumb around the d-pad.

For d-pad, I place my thumb across 1 and 9 and just roll any specials I need to come out. Tip of my thumb is used for 6 dashes/jumps and the first line on my thumb is used for 4 dashes/crouching.

Sounds impossible but if you do it enough you see it and react...

What are the combos that you NEED to be able to do at the highest levels of play (regardless of difficulty)?

versus airborne opponents:

5p, jc j.p j.s jc j.hs k dive

5p, SJC j.p j.s j.hs k dive

5p, SJC j.p j.s j.hs HCL 6frc6 j.hs k dive (for when k dive alone won't reach)

5s, SJC j.s j.hs p dive, 66 j.hs p dive, k dive

Versus standing:

6p, 5hs HCL 6frc6

2s HCL 6frc6 (off a situation that lets you have a jump/airdash off of 2s such as hoverdash)

5k HCL 6frc6 (good by itself and esp. good off of a successful S STBT)

6p, 5hs IAD j.k j.s VCL land HCL (usually knocks down, versus certain characters omit j.s)

If you can do all these you are in good shape. There are many more but I feel these are necessary and a large part of high level i-no combos. Many are more for setup than damage. You always want to get knockdowns, either through legit combos or the occasional tech-trap.

5k HCL 6frc6 and 5h jh are also very good to know. ( at about 10 seconds in, I show you exactly why in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3FJnnIyk-4 )

not a combo, but learning at least one combo from the throw frc is highly useful.

the thing about i-no is you don't learn her combos, you learn what your options are and string together little sections of what works.

Sorry to newb up the place, but I have some questions.

1. I've tried the opening to this combo on Sol and I can't get it to link the StBT(S) out of 2H: 8. (corner, ...) 5S©, 2HS, 41236S, 5K JC j.S, j.HS, 236S, 5S© JC j.S, j.HS, 236K (213)

Am I doing it wrong or something? I've tried varying the timing I input the StBT(S) but I just can't get it to link here, whereas I know I've managed to combo into StBT(S) before while messing around. Maybe that was on other characters though... I can't remember.

2. Whenever I try to do combo > VCL > c.S > combo, I can't make anything come out after the VCL till after my tackling dummy hits the ground. It's not even like I barely miss the link - there's such a huge gap, even when I do the VCL with my target pretty high above me, I can't get anything to come out until way late. Is there some sort of momentum trick to get her to hit the ground faster or something? Like if I were practicing something really simple like 6P > 5H > j.S > j.H > HCL > 6FRC6 > j.S > VCL, or corner throw > 6FRC6 > j.S > jc > j.S > j.H >VCL, I can't make the follow up work.

3. Any execution tips for HCL? I'm also trying to learn stick as I'm learning I-No and I think I'm more consistent with the HCL 6FRC6 > follow up than I am at getting HCL to come out. -_-; When I get HCL to come out I can get the 6FRC6 maybe 40% of the time, but I can't get HCL or VCL to come out more than 30% of the time I do the input (in the example above where I do the HCL airborne after the 6P launch > combo, I get the HCL 6FRC6 to work about 80% of the time now when I don't flub the HCL). Actually, I get notes close to 80% of the time I try to use Longing Desperation, and that's really frustrating since I ride these damn square gates intentionally but still notice I'm dropping the 1 input a lot of the time in the 632146. How I manage to get notes without the 1 in 214 is baffling in it's own way.

I'm using a modified wineglass grip where I hold the shaft between my pinkie and ring finger and cup the rest of my hand around the tip, so you have a reference. Doing everything facing right is generally easier except for IAD - that's much easier facing left and I still flub it facing right. Any other variation of this grip is too uncomfortable. Also, for reference, I've had my stick a little over a month, and have been playing I-No about a month (which really means I've had like 6 or 7 practice sessions).

Also, I know this is off topic for the thread, but anyone have any fun mixups or shenanigans to use out of StBT(H) FRCs? I like to 4FRC4 those sometimes to bait uppercuts or supers and try to punish, except that I can't punish anything yet since I can't get 5K > HCL > 6FRC6 to work.

Sorry to newb up the place, but I have some questions.

1. I've tried the opening to this combo on Sol and I can't get it to link the StBT(S) out of 2H: 8. (corner, ...) 5S©, 2HS, 41236S, 5K JC j.S, j.HS, 236S, 5S© JC j.S, j.HS, 236K (213)

Am I doing it wrong or something? I've tried varying the timing I input the StBT(S) but I just can't get it to link here, whereas I know I've managed to combo into StBT(S) before while messing around. Maybe that was on other characters though... I can't remember.

My swap magic isn't working right now so I can't boot the game up and check if it actually works on Sol but if it does you need to input it as 412H36S. It's a cancel, not a link. Sometimes it will only work if it's lead into with an ariel move into a series of lows prior.

2. Whenever I try to do combo > VCL > c.S > combo, I can't make anything come out after the VCL till after my tackling dummy hits the ground. It's not even like I barely miss the link - there's such a huge gap, even when I do the VCL with my target pretty high above me, I can't get anything to come out until way late. Is there some sort of momentum trick to get her to hit the ground faster or something? Like if I were practicing something really simple like 6P > 5H > j.S > j.H > HCL > 6FRC6 > j.S > VCL, or corner throw > 6FRC6 > j.S > jc > j.S > j.H >VCL, I can't make the follow up work.

Stand alone VCL won't cancel into anything that will keep combo. (maybe 2k for a tech reset) If you're doing it after an airdash, there is 2 versions, normal (which is really slow and I assume what you're doing) and fast fall which is much easier to combo from. Basically there is a limited amount of frames after an airdash that if you perform VCL, I-No will fall to the ground quick.I forget the exact number but you should really be doing j.S > VCL not j.H > VCL. (at least until you come to terms with her execution better. even then, the difference in damage is almost non-existent) Btw if you want to combo from a stand alone VCL, do it as 63214666S. This will give you a VCL extend that can be combo'd from. (especially on counter hit)

3. Any execution tips for HCL? I'm also trying to learn stick as I'm learning I-No and I think I'm more consistent with the HCL 6FRC6 > follow up than I am at getting HCL to come out. -_-; When I get HCL to come out I can get the 6FRC6 maybe 40% of the time, but I can't get HCL or VCL to come out more than 30% of the time I do the input (in the example above where I do the HCL airborne after the 6P launch > combo, I get the HCL 6FRC6 to work about 80% of the time now when I don't flub the HCL). Actually, I get notes close to 80% of the time I try to use Longing Desperation, and that's really frustrating since I ride these damn square gates intentionally but still notice I'm dropping the 1 input a lot of the time in the 632146. How I manage to get notes without the 1 in 214 is baffling in it's own way.

Input HCL and VCL as a 360.

You're having an easier time doing it in air because j.H isn't jump cancellable. You can also negative edge the moves but ask about that once you come to grips with her a bit more. BTW I play on pad but I can also play on stick. Riding the gate is far from a good idea. It's stick abuse, and you shouldn't need to do it. I play in with the tittie cup grip, so the rolling balltop just slides against my hand to make for some really quick, 360s. I would suggest you try that. The wine glass isn't the best but keep in mind sticks takes months of practice to get down.

I'm using a modified wineglass grip where I hold the shaft between my pinkie and ring finger and cup the rest of my hand around the tip, so you have a reference. Doing everything facing right is generally easier except for IAD - that's much easier facing left and I still flub it facing right. Any other variation of this grip is too uncomfortable. Also, for reference, I've had my stick a little over a month, and have been playing I-No about a month (which really means I've had like 6 or 7 practice sessions).

Also, I know this is off topic for the thread, but anyone have any fun mixups or shenanigans to use out of StBT(H) FRCs? I like to 4FRC4 those sometimes to bait uppercuts or supers and try to punish, except that I can't punish anything yet since I can't get 5K > HCL > 6FRC6 to work.

I use 66 Js alot. It catches people off guard and auto-jump installs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EltJJLHUf2Y

BTW that's my youtube channel and I upload tons of I-No stuff.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm forming a habit of riding the gate because I got one of those shitty Tatsunoko sticks (I have the Wii verison of AC, shoot me now) and the engage distance is right up against the gate. If I'm not riding the gate I'm not getting inputs.

I'm thinking more and more about swapping in a Sanwa stick, but I really only got this one to practice while I save up to build my own stick (it was brand new for like $30).

I'll mess around with VCL and try to learn how to fastfall it. Thanks.

What is this "tittie cup grip"? Does it feel as good as it sounds? : )

Having a really hard time learning VCL extend. I've gotten the 66956 VCL to work a few times, so now I know how to practice that, but I still need to learn to do it out of c.S so I can actually combo with it. I can't manage to make it work even once after 30 minutes of mashing out inputs with variations just to see how it's supposed to work.

So, am I timing this wrong? I have my input window thing on at all times in training mode since I'm learning stick and I'm trying to be as deliberate as possible, so I know I'm doing the 6321466S input correctly most of the time. The problem is that when my input goes in correctly, all I get is a dash. If I delay the S, I get j.S out of that dash. I do it faster and I get no input besides the dash. Where am I ****ing up here? VCL Extend can be done from a standstill right? Or do I have to c.S > VCL Extend for it to work?

the input is 632146+66+S. You need to do the chemical love, and the then do a dash as you input the s. I'm guess that you're doing 632146+6+S. You need to input 6, 3 times. Once as you land on it and then twice to do the dash. here is a vid of the HCL version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIvOAsN3mOw

however I will tell you, there is much better things you could be learning right now.

Try this, 5K > HCL. However input it like this 6K (hold down the K) 321467896 (release kick). If it combos, you did it right, if it doesn't combo, you did it incorrectly and most likely not fast enough.

You can do the same thing for VCL in the air to get a fast fall (66) 6S (hold down the S) 3214(789)6 (release the S).

Once you get around to wanting to learn jump installed stuff, the input is modified. ...but one thing at a time!

Thanks for that. I am practicing 5K > HCL, but I mix up what I'm doing to get practice at a little of everything as I go. I mostly started with 6FRC6 out of a throw to make 6FRC6 out of HCL/VCL easier. Now I do mix throw FRCs in while I practice, but I'm still working on 6FRC6 out of HCL/VCL in different setups (either the aircombo > HCL > 6FRC6 > c.S > VCL > whatever, or just 5K HCL). 5K > HCL > 6FRC6 is really important for giving me ways to do damage, but I still want to at least know how to do VCL extend or whatever for when I actually get an opportunity to do damage out of something else. Even if I'm not winning matches with it, I should probably drop that into my practice cycle. I can focus on one technique and still try to mess with a 2nd or 3rd for variety between 10 reps of another technique right? I mean, if my dummy is knocked away from the corner when I'm doing a corner combo, I StBT FRC throw FRC to get him/her back into the corner for fun, and it's still practice for consistency.

I'm guessing that HCL in combos has to be gatling'd immediately out of normals for it to link, and otherwise wont work? I drop a lot of combos vs characters like Zappa/Baiken because they're so low to the ground and they seem to recoil back when hit, so the HCL goes over their heads.

But yeah, definitely working on that 5K > HCL > 6FRC6 a lot. It's going to be nice when I can punish VV with something other than dash in > throw, or combo out of StBT(H), or get random 5K pokes into damage.

I actually went to the arcade and oki'd with 66956 VCL a few times today. Yay. : )

You can do 5H HCL and it's pretty lenient on how it will work. Some characters, HCL can't be followed up by everything. Sometimes 2S or 2D HCL will work on 1 character but not the next. 5K HCL should work on every one standing except Faust.

When you do certain links in combos, like if you were to catch someone with 5P > j.P, would you option select j.H for an airthrow, meaning your input would be something like 5P > j.6PH, to try and catch them if you drop the combo and they tech, or to catch a burst?

Or if say you get your 6P anti air > c.S > j.S, would you do 6P > c.S > j.6SH > j.H > HCL > whatever? Does this screw things up intput wise, or is the risk of screwing things up not worth the chance to catch someone? I mean, if you get the 6P anti air and they have burst, they might want to use it, and while you could probably watch the burst meter during the c.S follow up, when you have to commit to a j.S you might not have enough time to react, so can you option select that way? The game goes with the "lower" move in sequence when you go for a throw in the air after detecting if a throw is possible, just like on the ground right?

Actually, what's her best input to pair with a ground throw? 6P can be a decent standard one since the upper bod invincibility helps it beat moves, but it's a little slow to recover. Maybe 6KH since if you miss the throw but get the hit, you can HCL > follow up, or on block you can get pressure with the same input? 4H might work if you expect a back jump since that 5H hitbox comes from above... so what you you guys use? Matchup dependent?

I hate to double post, but I have an input question.

I can't consistently super jump out of c.S and have it red beat. I either get the super jump and they tech out or it's black beat, or I don't super jump. What do you think I'm doing wrong? I really want to be able to do c.s > sj.S > j.H > Pdive > 66 > j.S > VCL FF > c.S > sj.S > sj.H > Pdive > 66 > j.S > Pdive > Sdive or any variants of that where applicable. I ask my friends and they have no problems doing that with characters like OS, so they don't know what I'm doing wrong.