Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Z

ACCENT CORE Potemkin Matchups

Ok what is the best way to not get raped by milla thanks! I know its basically impossible to approach her from the air properly without a knockdown because she can outmaneuver you and do 6P into corner rape, her air D makes it impossible to meet her air to air, so I just guess into knockdown a lot and it works fairly well since I can kill her in one combo but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah

I played a solid millia the other day Air dust beats her AA's pretty solid , wit clash every now and then. So jumping in and changing the drop speed wit dust counter hitting into gatling will make them think about AA you. So the u can mix that up wit jump in of choice. blocked TK bad moon nets buster anywhere cept corner ,but can be 6p on reaction there. Secret garden is ok to flick sometimes to get you out of pressure. Flick pin whenever SB last hit of iad or ad string gets u buster When she knocks you down and puts regular disc on u . IBing the overhead gives u options. Meaty slide heads owns her. Oh yea 6k on her roll is hawt , if she likes going for throws.

Yeah, I played def1n1tely's very good Millia a whole bunch the other day, and I'll agree with one of those for sure:

- Meaty slide head owns her. If you get momentum she's dead (in 2 combos, even). Actually, the hardest thing to deal with was her simple corner knockdown (string to 2D) into Secret Garden pressure on wakeup - the rest of her wakeup games weren't too bad, but Secret Garden gives her a year where she can mix you up and be hidden behind the ball...also, flicking SG (even midstage) just seemed to get me hit after the flick, maybe I was doing it wrong. (^.^)

- She can 6K over slidehead, and she can punish a full-stage slidehead with haircar if she sees you start it, so don't get predictable.

- If she likes doing haircar to hit your backdashes (or with FRC on your wakeup), a last-second backdash in the corner will make her miss entirely and you get a free buster. It happens sometimes if she guesses you're going to backdash, but you didn't already.

- As raekwon said, her 6P will beat all of your air normals except j.D, and it'll clash with that. She can also use 6P on reaction to j.D since they have similar startup. So if you jump in, be ready for the clash with another j.P or FD or whatever. Again, if you get predictable she can jump back and j.D your j.D into aircombo or just knockdown.

- Beware using 6K->2H, if she wasn't right up next to you the 2H tends to whiff a lot if she's crouching (though if you know it'll happen you can FRC into buster for fun times). Also, she's one of the few people you can't even Giganter Loop once.

- Camp the pin, for real. I don't flick it much since I tend to jump up and IB her air starters, but if you hit her and she didn't get it back make her pay for it. Winners have no honor. :^P

Mostly, vs. Millia matches tend to be reactionary to try for the knockdown then winning from there. It's very difficult to be offensive against her since anything she guesses right will ead into 25% dmg and corner knockdown and mixup against you.

Stuff vs. Millia that makes me cry.

Yeah, you have to be really patient against Millia unless she keeps doing the same mistakes over and over. The good thing is she dies in 1 or 2 combos, and Pot actually has some defensive abilities to fuck her over really bad if she guesses wrong on trying to start an offense (Millia has jack shit for defense once she gets knocked down), plus if you can block her non-Secret Garden mixups (usually involving her H Disc and FB Disc), your work becomes a lot easier.

If you can, check out the Millia vs. Pot thread I started up (and still has no replies, lol) on the Millia matchup forum to see how Millia deals with Pot, and plan something around what she does...

Does anyone know what to do about A.B.A.? All I've been able to accoplish so far is when she transforms start spaming SH. But then it always comes down to me getting caught in the same gay ass loop. Any suggestions?

Vs ABA: Early-ish 6p beats or clashes her airs, but watch out for j.H anyway; Buster Danzai after blocking; IB rekka 2nd hit for free Buster on 3rd; Meaty 6K, jump and block Danzai, Buster; When you knock her down in Moroha, walk up a step and giganter loop her into the GGPO bin. Learn how to end a SH combo with Heat (all hits for the tension) RC, walk up a step, activate, IK. :^)

i have kind of a weird question if anyone could help me out. i'm having trouble keeping up okizeme/pressure with sol. i can bait VV but it gets predictable. can you safe jump as okizeme or am i completely off track?

You can jump and throw a normal so you recover by landing just 1-2F after the other person wakes up for a totally safe Oki VS Sol. The timing is tight though, since VV has very short startup. Very important technique though, so make sure you really get it down.

Block well, and capitalize on every chance to get in. The matchup is awful for Potemkin until you touch Eddie. Punish Eddie for summoning (reaction slidehead works), never allow yourself to get stuck in [k] by itself.

haha pretty much the reason i was losing to milla before was because i couldnt block if i see haircar on a millia with tension i just high block because they love to whore the frc into instant overhead :X (and ive never seen a situation where they haircar and im under disc...) and yeah, eddie is all blocking. and like, dont block based on his position (crouching/standing) because he can just K you lol

Hellmonkey's right, learn to block. However, a few things that may help: - Eddie is the one of the easiest (if not THE easeist) characters to do the mirror loop on. After the Heat, just do HF/break and buffer the super motion during the Break, then super and slidehead. You can do it every time, very easily, even in the corner (change it to walk-back-a-bit then super). Feel no remorse, it's Eddie! - Learn his wakeup timing - he's got nothing remarkable to get him out of an unblockable Slidehead. - Learn to do PB FRC 2s 2h Heat on him, even if you can only do it near the corner (which is easy) it helps a lot. - Midstage if you get a chance, do unblk Slidehead, jump towards land 5s 5s fwd-jump-APB. The damage midstage is 100% worth doing. Also learn to follow up an APB with walk-fwd unblk slidehead repeat. (^.^) Feel no remorse, it's Eddie! - Learn the range of drills, and flick them when possible. I don't, as Hellmonkey will point out, but I hear it helps. :^P

It works, you just have to be able to tell the difference between forward kick and slidehead. Maybe you should react to the sound? It happens to me all the time!....;[

I am sort of jealous of the match up sub forums other characters get. Could we not put one together, yet? Since I don't really live near competition and can only get to them on special occasions, and only the closer ones. (And that's only if I have money) Well what I'm getting at is I get really small amounts of match up experience. I just don't know what exactly to do for a majority of the cast, I mean I can practice combos all I want, but I don't know how to play the match ups. I don't even know how to play against chipp. I can't wrap my mind around it, it's easier for me to win than dizzy, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do really.

I hesitated to say anything because I don't know his eddie match up very well, but as far as I can tell it's Dizzy.

yeah that sounds like it might be right. I was thinking either dizzy, eddie, bridget, or axl probly, but those guesses are just from reload experence