Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soujiro seta

[CS1] Carl Clover Resets/Mix-Ups

Lol, this vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do8ugEO6mSk#t=1m55s) pretty much shows what I was saying, but atleast seeing it makes it easier to understand.

I'll post the resets from that vid, edit the reset above, and also post some of the other stuff I found.

The first 6C is the 17th hit, and the 2nd one is fully charged. In case you didn't know the specifics yet.

Start with j.2C Allecan.

The first 6C is the 17th hit, and the 2nd one is fully charged. In case you didn't know the specifics yet.

Start with j.2C Allecan.

thx dude. luv ur youtube vids btw.

ty. (^_^)

The whole combo is j.2C allecan (1) > 5B (2) > 5C (3) > 6D (4) > j.C (5) > 5B (6) > 2B (7) > 5C (8) < Rhapsody (9-16) > 6C (17) > Rhapsody (18 & 19.) From there, the last hit of rhapsody is blocked, and fully charged 6C resets.

(Numbers in parenthesis are the hits of the combo.)

They do have an out though, and it's very easy if they know the set up.

They have to not block the last hit lol.

ty. (^_^)

The whole combo is j.2C allecan (1) > 5B (2) > 5C (3) > 6D (4) > j.C (5) > 5B (6) > 2B (7) > 5C (8) < Rhapsody (9-16) > 6C (17) > Rhapsody (18 & 19.) From there, the last hit of rhapsody is blocked, and fully charged 6C resets.

(Numbers in parenthesis are the hits of the combo.)

They do have an out though, and it's very easy if they know the set up.

They have to not block the last hit lol.

*face palm*

i didnt even try 5B after allecan.

not that i could do that combo if i even tried

*edit* i did it!

well this far anyway

j.2C allecan (1) > 5B (2) > 5C (3) > 6D (4) > j.C (5) > 5B (6) > 2B (7) > 5C (8) < Rhapsody

Corner Cantata UB

5B (BLOCKED), 632146C, RC, 66, 6C(CHARGE), 22]D[, 6C (UB), 5B, 2B, 3C, J.2C, Alle~can, 2]D[, 5C, J.C, 8]D[ (2HIts), 5C, J.B, Allegreto, 8]D[, IAD, J.2C, J.B, 2]D[ (Gains 50% Heat), 5C, 632146C, 8]D[ (During super flash).

The 5C, 632146C does not combo, but this particular set-up gives DMG off off every action the opponent does, with a very few exceptions. (Haku can forward tech & counter the 8]D[, Rachel can forward tech & 8-wind)...

Mash FD+IB and CA, UB fail :gonk:

Idk if this has been touched upon yet but I've been toying with volante as a tic-throw reset. it's a cute gimic. generally works along the lines of 5B 2B 5C 6]D[ j.c 5B 2B 5C Volante vivaceA Grab. Volante's non-existent hit stun seems to make green grabs pretty easy to get and as long as you don't do it too often (like anything) it seems like a fairly viable trick.

Block or hit for that matter.

Haha, true, true.

But I was referring to something that helps me out.

Lack of Hit stun hurts meee.

I do like the feeling of comboing off of CH though. Makes me laugh.

You're right and all, but doing a sandwich combo and the last hit being volante also makes for a nice reset opportunity.

But yeah I can combo a grounded opponent off of a cold turkey volante then its lolsville.

How's the progress Soujiro?

I have some new stuff and I'll transcribe stuff from reset vids we don't know about into PART 4. I'll try to get it done by this by this weekend. I'll also make corrections to old stuff.

People people, try this... maybe isnt new but seem cool and powerfull!!.

On corner, N-C-O.

6C, 5B, J.B-J.C-J.B, (land) 5B-6B, J.B-J.C-J.B, (land) 5B-6B (12 hit), J.B delay a little, 3]D[, J.C, (reset) (land) 2B-3C, J.2C Alle~Can, 5C, 421 ]D[ (Volante), J.2C, 214C 8]D[, J.2C, 214C 8]D[, J.2C, 214C 8]D[... ender to wharever you want.

Quick explanation:

After the 6C you use 5B... not 5B-6B, the timming will be a little tricky.

Why will you do that? because that way you can do 3 rep of jump loop and on the 12 hit the combo will cut but, the 6B will connect giving you the chance to jump. The rival may block your J.B so you delay a little bit, put 3]D[ and then J.C creating an UB situation... after that pretty much its explained by herselft.

If this was mentioned early it wasnt my idea to give any troubles. Anyone feel free to try it.

I test it on Jin and Hakumen and work amazingly well.

People people, try this... maybe isnt new but seem cool and powerfull!!.

On corner, N-C-O.

6C, 5B, J.B-J.C-J.B, (land) 5B-6B, J.B-J.C-J.B, (land) 5B-6B (12 hit), J.B delay a little, 3]D[, J.C, (reset) (land) 2B-3C, J.2C Alle~Can, 5C, 421 ]D[ (Volante), J.2C, 214C 8]D[, J.2C, 214C 8]D[, J.2C, 214C 8]D[... ender to wharever you want.

Quick explanation:

After the 6C you use 5B... not 5B-6B, the timming will be a little tricky.

Why will you do that? because that way you can do 3 rep of jump loop and on the 12 hit the combo will cut but, the 6B will connect give you the chance to jump. The rival may block your J.B so you delay a little bit for put 3]D[ and then 6C creating an UB situation... after that pretty much its explained by herselft.

If this was mentioned early it wasnt my idea to give any troubles. Anyone feel free to try it.

I test it on Jin and Hakumen and work amazingly well.

That probably only works on those characters. :P

And Hazama and Tager or something.

Try more characters when you're testing things out. Especially ones that aren't some kind of basketball player. :eng101:

Hey someone test this out in some real matches with friends who actually block:

whatever > 3D > late airdash j.B j.C > whatever.

Ok, they block the low, and stand for the j.B.

When you all of a sudden do your late airdash and j.2C~B fastfall > 2A.

So basically something like 5B > 5C > 3D > j.late airdash > 3D hits > they stand up > kara fastfall > 2A > combo.

It resets based on what I've seen, and It's free 3k if it hits, blockstrings if it doesn't.

They kara might even airthrow jump out attempts, but I haven't tried this.

Any thoughts?

I used 5B > 2B > 5C > 3D > glide throw > land 2A.

After landing I almost always get a blockstring I did not get a single reset (but I have shitty execution). One time though, the 2A combo'd and I did a shitty combo. Otherwise it beats throws if they try and jump like you've said (I tested against a Tao, Tsubaki, Haku, and Makoto)

Wow, looks pretty sweet. Kara-fall 2A is gdlk.

Definitely gonna use it but, would most people keep blocking low or block high after the 3D?

I used 5B > 2B > 5C > 3D > glide throw > land 2A.

After landing I almost always get a blockstring I did not get a single reset (but I have shitty execution). One time though, the 2A combo'd and I did a shitty combo. Otherwise it beats throws if they try and jump like you've said (I tested against a Tao, Tsubaki, Haku, and Makoto)

Was this against people who actually block the late airdash j.B?

If they blocked the 2A, my guess is they'd get hit by the j.B version instead. lol.

@mamm:

If they're familiar with the mixup, they'll stand after 3D.

Ah, so the question is, are most people familiar with the mixup? I mean, Carl players aren't exactly that common. :v:

I'd go online and see for myself but...

Haha.

Yeah, I haven't been playing much lately.

I got the idea because I've been playing robo-ky recently, actually.

You mean 3D I think, but yeah.

It's not a great mixup at all, since only the first hit of 3D is a low.

This is why I'm trying to make it a legit high/low mixup.

I'll have to try that out with the fast fall 2A. I barely started using the late dash j.B reset so I can't say my friends know how to block it yet, but it's nice to be able to make them guess. Your question, though, is does it reset, right?

Also, I should mention that Volante reset is too gdlk. Feels good man.

No, not if it resets.

I know it does, because hit stun on 3D is very short.

You can combo it if you rush it though.

Just thoughts on it being a decent high/low based on playing real matches not against the CPU lol.