Sign in to follow this  
Kyosuke Kagami

I LEIK POKING 'N ZONIN :v: (serious thread BTW)

I've been playing both CT and CS since they were available and while I got used to the gameplay, I noticed game is too focused on combos, rushdown and all that shit :8/: (correct me if I'm wrong).

In CT I had some troubles trying to adjust my way to play, because I'm more used to keep my distance from other chars (using projectiles or long ranged attacks). Fortunately, the char I decided to main before I could get my hands on the game (Rachel) fits for that kind of gameplay, with all the Lobelias stuff plus Silpheed (I also learned to make pressure using her, but that's a different story :v:).

Problem came with CS. Yes, my main got severely hurted (BADLY), and I felt that her zoning gameplay wasn't as good or as safe as in CT (Lobelias dissapear if you get hit, smaller hitboxes, not as good as antiairs now, pumpkin too freakin' slow now, etc). Not planning to drop her soon, but I guess I need to learn new ways to zone.

After experimenting with other chars in CS, I noticed that both Jin and Hakumen have some solid poking options in their moveset (also Jin's zoning was acceptable, complements his gameplay). Their j.C is a gift from the heavens, being able to attack from a very safe distance without risking a lot, some of their normals have a longer range than average with decent recovery and/or jump cancellable and the damage you can deal is nice (specially with Haku).

:psyduck: I need to find out what chars in CS (and CT too, though not necessary coz IT'S DEAD LOL) would be the best in the entire game for these 2 kind of game styles and what tools are the best for these. Any help would be greatly appreciated :kitty:

litchi

I need more information relevant for my interests :v:

So far, my experience fighting (good) Litchi players is "LONG COMBOS THAT LAST MORE THAN 8 SECONDS" :(

Yeah, sounds like in CS you should try Lambda, Hazama, Hakumen (for his pokes anyway), Jin, and Arakune. And Mu looks like she may fit the bill, but that's only speculation off of a few screenshots

I need more information relevant for my interests :v:

So far, my experience fighting (good) Litchi players is "LONG COMBOS THAT LAST MORE THAN 8 SECONDS" :(

Her 6b[m] has good range, and her j.b[m] and j.c[m] for air.

Staff summoning, Four Winds, and Great Wheel.

Maybe Straight Through aswell.

j.c[m] and 6b[m] on CH will cause wall bounce.

There might be more, and I might be slightly wrong since I don't really use her all to well.

And this is for CT btw.

Yeah, sounds like in CS you should try Lambda, Hazama, Hakumen (for his pokes anyway), Jin, and Arakune. And Mu looks like she may fit the bill, but that's only speculation off of a few screenshots

Tried Lamby once <3 My experience with Nu was limited to fights against her (and a lot of frustration coz of how hard that match is), Lamby feels more risky to use, though she feels more like long-ranged rushdown char than a poker or a zoner.

Hazama is too weird. So far I can't get how he plays. Plus, his damage poking is horrible :(

HAKUMANZ and Jin, I already use. Even though Jin's best poking tool (CT's 5D) got severely nerfed, the rest of his new shit compensates.

Never got used to Arakune's cursing system :8/:

Once you do get used to it though, you can whip out 12k combos on bitches.

No lie.

Oh I can surely believe that :v:

Problem is, Arakune's gameplay is too weird my brain is uncapable to even understand WTF is going on (except lots BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZ).

But he's so fun.

He's not easy, but toy around with him still, you'll grow to be a part of the minority who love him, and you'll know why we love him.

I think I'll just stick with ice homo and HAKUMANZ for now. :vbang: I may try more Hazama, even though I don't see lotsa poking potential in him :(

... oh, and Rachel, because so far I've read she's like the only char suited to zoning in the game (AND I HOPE THEY BUFF THIS IN CONSOLE CS).

¡Kyosuke! ¡Ella esta LA señorita de trabajo! ¡Puedeslo tabajar!

(Epic español fail)

... :psyduck: ¿Don tacos tara Don tacos?

I think I'm officially confused now

But yeah, can someone tell me about Hazama and his poking shit? Most of his attacks, by themselves, make shitty damage and their range is limited.

Mostly his chains.

But yeah, his normals have shit range.

Seriously though, give lambda a try. She's pretty much the most zoning based character in CS that doesn't suck.

Will try Lamby then <3

I suppose her most important zoning tool is her Drive. Rest of her moves don't seem to work for those purposes (and that wheel thing is now SLOW as heck, from what I could tell).

You don't really use the wheel to zone anyway. Not even in CT really.

Her drive does most of the zoning but they do it pretty damn well.

Hazama's chains are his main poking tool. Hitconfirm from full screen into sweet 3k combos, get tons of meter, try some mixup, land super, win. Ace. :cool:

Up close, his pokes are meh, range wise, but you can stay in long enough to do some damage and if not, get the hell out and resume zoning.

Hazama's chains are his main poking tool. Hitconfirm from full screen into sweet 3k combos, get tons of meter, try some mixup, land super, win. Ace. :cool:

Up close, his pokes are meh, range wise, but you can stay in long enough to do some damage and if not, get the hell out and resume zoning.

Bumping this thread because this man speaks the truth.

Been confirming Hazama's insane poking the last days with his snakes. Confirmed snake bite = free bar / Houtenjin / silly damage. Only thing is, execution must be too tight, several times I ate Inferno Dividaz and all that shit because of silly mistakes I did :/

Lamby, I conclude that I totally suck with her :( Even though now I need some advise to counter her zoning with Haku. He's too damned slow for me to reach her :/

Lamby, I conclude that I totally suck with her :( Even though now I need some advise to counter her zoning with Haku. He's too damned slow for me to reach her :/

Cut spike chaser / sword / etc with 4C (or j.2A), create safe zone, repeat.