tataki

Guide for People Coming from SF to New-School Fighters, Part 1

I coming to NSFGs from Tekken, so most of the stuff I see here are alien to me.

Dude, try the mode that teaches you basics (is it called Tutorial?) and then the one that teaches you character specific stuff (Challenge I think). The Tutorial is a lot to cover, but it explains all the weird stuff really well. Skip to the middle and watch that to the end if nothing else. 

In Challenge(?) mode, the character specific stuff is SO helpful, especially when you can't get a combo, press start and pick the top(?) option which is like DEMO or something. It'll show you an example. Man that helped me so incredibly much. Tried to do a basic Zato combo for like 5 minutes, then realized there was a sample/demo of it, then realized exactly what I was doing wrong (waiting for 2 hits instead of one hit on a move) and boom, no problem. 

Dude, try the mode that teaches you basics (is it called Tutorial?) and then the one that teaches you character specific stuff (Challenge I think). The Tutorial is a lot to cover, but it explains all the weird stuff really well. Skip to the middle and watch that to the end if nothing else. 

In Challenge(?) mode, the character specific stuff is SO helpful, especially when you can't get a combo, press start and pick the top(?) option which is like DEMO or something. It'll show you an example. Man that helped me so incredibly much. Tried to do a basic Zato combo for like 5 minutes, then realized there was a sample/demo of it, then realized exactly what I was doing wrong (waiting for 2 hits instead of one hit on a move) and boom, no problem. 

Wait..

Theres a tutorial mode? And a challenge mode?

Im so gonna try that out.

I coming to NSFGs from Tekken, so most of the stuff I see here are alien to me.

If you're coming from tekken then play through the full tutorial and pay attention to every thing it says.  This game is really really different from tekken.

Tutorial is like the first bleeping thing on the menu in most of these games...