Sign in to follow this  
JetEnduro

Ky-Kiske Info/Combos Thread [Accent Core]

@ East coast lee Wow. I got some knowledge from U. Sure I'd like U to go on if it didn't bother U. I really appreciate it. Hmmm...Sorry. sounds like a silly question but what does "prorates" 's mean? I don't understand sob.... THX for U'r help and education. I'd like to hear more.

@ East coast lee

Wow. I got some knowledge from U.

Sure I'd like U to go on if it didn't bother U.

I really appreciate it.

Hmmm...Sorry. sounds like a silly question

but what does "prorates" 's mean?

I don't understand sob....

THX for U'r help and education.

I'd like to hear more.

Prorate means that whatever moves follows up the damage is calculated lower because of the prorate.

For example if something is 60% prorated it is highly reduced afterwards of that move. The high the number the better the proration. The lower the worse.

Easy moves such as 2K to hit are always low prorate while hard moves to hit are usually like 90%

And guys, you just have to deal with proration. You can't realistically start all of your combos off with a normal that doesn't prorate.

Oh. I see. That's why sometimes my combo doesn't cause so much damage. I learn something again. THX.

And guys, you just have to deal with proration. You can't realistically start all of your combos off with a normal that doesn't prorate.

yeah, i was sarcastic when i said not to start with moves that prorate. Its ideal to start with something that doesnt, but not likely. It does happen every once and a while though (usually on oki mixups after VT>LJ).

Just a little more on prorate (since i had the wrong idea when i first started). If something prorates 70%, then all the moves aftward do 70% less than they would have done normally according to where the guard guage is. So 90% prorate is much better than 70% prorate. Because of this when i jump up and air dash jS>jH after VT>LJ i will possition it so i can 5S>ect instead of 5K>5S>ect so the 5K wont reduce the rest of the combo.

So it would be something like

AD>jS>jH>land>5S>6P/5H>5H(IF 6P can hit)>2D/236K(if both hits of SD hit)

or if i have 25% tension

AD>jS>jH>land>5S>2D>LS>5S>2H>your choice from here

cmiiw didn't prorates only calculated at the start of combos? except "forced proration" on very few moves(probably GS for Ky) :/ ... and about adding 5k, i think what factor that count is how much guard gauge will loss by adding another insignificant hit into the combo(;^_^)a

How do you get the instant recovery after throwing a projectile? I see people doing this in videos, but don't get what buttons they are using to do this. Also, how much of the tension gauge does it use?

How do you get the instant recovery after throwing a projectile? I see people doing this in videos, but don't get what buttons they are using to do this. Also, how much of the tension gauge does it use?

Instant Recovery? You may be talking about FRC's (False Roman Cancel)

Go read the beginners ky thread here to find out a link that talks about all that stuff

cmiiw didn't prorates only calculated at the start of combos? except "forced proration" on very few moves(probably GS for Ky) :/ ... and about adding 5k, i think what factor that count is how much guard gauge will loss by adding another insignificant hit into the combo(;^_^)a

not quite sure what you are asking. Probably helped if i knew cmiiw.

i meant about "prorates", if u using Ky and use 5k as starter of the combos... the 2nd and so on hit will only do 80% from it's normal damage + calculated with guard gauge no matter how many 5k involved in it as long as it's still gattling while "force prorates" if i using Dizzy Ice Spike with 70% force prorates the 2nd will only do 70% of normal damage, but if the second hit i strike with ice spike again the 3rd hit will only do 70% from it 70% normal damage (about only 48% of it normal damage), so the force prorates will scale the damage even much more lower and AFAIK "counter hit" will nullify the starter prorates, but will not nulify force prorates in the mid of combos which isn't counter hit

I looked and didn't see anything about the instant recovery after throwing a projectile. Could someone just please answer that question. I just want to know the button motions to get the instant recovery after that projectile.

I looked and didn't see anything about the instant recovery after throwing a projectile. Could someone just please answer that question. I just want to know the button motions to get the instant recovery after that projectile.

Okay I'll Try to help.

Is throwing projectile that you mention is Stun Edge ( SE ) 236S /236 HS

and Charged Stun Edge (CSE) 236D?

So after throwing the projectile You can cancel the movement so you can follow up

a mix up to your enemy? OR you can bring the CSE to above? U see a blue or

red circle blink from you character?

If that so, you're talking about False Roman cancel (FRC) here.

The input I usually use is K+S+HS but for some specific character ( Like Johnny )

there are some move that should use P+K+HS for FRC ( Killer Joker FRC).

FRC is Crucial in Guilty gear so U must learn the timing if you're new in GG.

It's very usefull for a combo, mix up, trick, etc.

Of course I find it hard when I myself try to learn it first.

But after u get used to it. It's not that hard.

Hope my guide'll help you. You can see the detail on general gameplay thread.

Correct me if I wrong. Good luck.

adding a little more, go to training mode and "display" "input" ... perform SE(236s/236hs) and u'll see a "blink" on the input bar, that's the timming for u to press any 3 button except "D"

@Cable : go back and read the gameplay thread thoroughly, and if u still didn't get it... post in "Silly gameplay question" =3

Does Anybody have a good move started from ASE (FRC) > ??? I usually do this: ASE (FRC) >AD j.S > J.HS > 5K > 5HS > 2D If you have another good combo or trick for ASE (FRC) please let me know. Thx.

That's not bad for oki and the IAD helps with mix-ups etc. Personally I don't find that much of a need to FRC CSE or ACSE. Especially ACSE since they'll be blocking for quite some time if you do it right, but I'll go in for a tick-throw that way you can deal some damage. Remember Cupui, pressure is nice but you got to get in there and deal some damage. btw, if you have tension you can do 2D>orb combo after you IAD>jS>JHS. If the sweep hits of course.

Oh...Is IAD > j.S > j.HS > 2D > Orb combo will connect? I still can't connect it. It will connect if I add 5K after j.Hs. But of course it will make the damage become horrible.... But what I ask above is not Charged Stun edge... I ask about Air Stun edge ( j.236S / 236HS ) Of course you don't do this for oki , don't you? I really love to confuse my enemy with CSE. But...well now it's became harder to do that. Because I should knock down the enemy first. And I should do CSE immediately. But sometimes the enemy hit me first with reversal. (ex. Volcanic Viper) In slash the CSE doesn't take too long so it will be easier to perform the pressure. I found TK CSE (FRC) is quite confusing if I use it for crossing up my enemy. So for downed enemy I do TK ACSE (FRC) and immediately jump over him. To continue the pressure. I don't know why. Maybe because the animation. I pressure them with a ACSE behind them....

he was meaning in terms of pressure i guess whereas tk cse u mentionned it goes up faster then regular cse so after a 2d i generally link a regular cse(not a combo) so they get it in their faces when they wake up but as wake up after a throw or a stun dipper u got less time so i tk cse. Once in a row u can 6hs to tk air cse id did gave lot of applications with frc cse as wake up but it was deleted and i don't want to list all that shit again anyways even without airdash u can run and jump forward and do an air slash that pass behind the guy it's pretty nasty....it's like the old air mk of ryu and ken in fact air s is good for that purpose work the distance and u'll see some other examples mmmm let's say tk cse land to 6hs,tk stun edge(s) frc,air dash,s,hs,land,yada,yada after a tk cse u should just frc and air dash....if u're higher enough u'll cross up for sure

@lars too bad it was deleted . I'd looking forward to see your Oki's application. Even it's look too basic but for a beginner that would really help and give some inspiration to do a mix up.. THX for the explaination. maybe I will need your help again someday.

Oh yeah it's connect but It's height dependable. I see that it's harder to connect 2D than 5K. I have trouble doing TK SE. I wonder why? my input is the same as TK CSE. 2369S / 2369HS but It's not going as smooth as TK CSE. Am I do something wrong?

I have trouble doing TK SE.

I wonder why?

my input is the same as TK CSE.

2369S / 2369HS

but It's not going as smooth as TK CSE.

Am I do something wrong?

Just could be your timing

/shrug

Keep practicing I guess. OR JUST QUIT NOW!!

Just could be your timing

/shrug

Keep practicing I guess. OR JUST QUIT NOW!!

Ow...I see.

The timing isn't same with TK CSE.

It's harder to do.

Nah...I know that Ky is an horrible character in AC.

It makes me stress out many times.

So many practice but the result isn't as worth

as I use Potemkin.

Expecially the damage. :(

So I find it very hard to deal on EVERY

character with Ky.

But I've already decided him as my partner

to be a Good GG player.

If I can win a high tier character ( Like eddy , Testament ,etc ) with Ky

It's something that makes me proud.;)

Talking about Horrible Damage. Mmmm...

I 've been thinking, how can I cause a lot of damage with Ky?

His speciallity is pressure.

So I'd like to add an attack that can increase the enemy guard meter faster on my pressure.

Which one is that?

Or maybe you have some pressure that increase the enemy's guard meter faster?

Please let me know.

THX

*snip*

OMFG PRESSSSUUUUURRRRREEE!!!!!

Ky's not a horrible character dude. He's fairly balanced.

Also, pressure isn't Ky's specialty mang. He can do a lot of other things other than just pressure.

As for damage output, Ky has to work for his damage but he can deal it. Though the combos that deal the most damage for Ky are his orb combos (i.e. 2D>orb>6P>5cS>2HS>sj>j.S>j.HS>HVT>LJ) and even his 2D>SE>FRC combos though these are much more difficult to execute due to the timing to SE FRCs

But you shouldn't focus yourself on landing those "massive damage dealing" combos.

Ky's got his zoning, his mix-ups, his throw combos, his meter gain combos, his damage dealing combos, his pressure.

He's got A LOT of shit that you should utilize.

Ky isn't all about pressure.

btw imma jerk :vbang: :vbang: :vbang:

No...no... What I mean Horrible is he's actually stronger in slash and reload his 6HS , 2HS, his CSE, and many more. That's why I say he's horrible in AC. maybe saying horrible is too rough. I'm sorry for all Ky's Fan hehehe... Wait did you say meter gain combo? Which one is it? Can you give me an example?

Oh yeah it's connect

but It's height dependable.

I see that it's harder to connect 2D than 5K.

I have trouble doing TK SE.

I wonder why?

my input is the same as TK CSE.

2369S / 2369HS

but It's not going as smooth as TK CSE.

Am I do something wrong?

yeah, i said 2D cause its easier, but i usually do 5S, 2D

Sign in to follow this