Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

[CS1] TK Crescent Loop Thread

Ah I see. Is it better to always use TK9 then or does it not really matter? Also, is it practical to try and do 8 loops in an actual match?

Yes, it's the best tk to use overall. I find it easier if you do 9214D instead of 2149D.

And yes, it's practical.

Why would it not be practical? It's a loop, two moves repeating themselves, nothing impractical about adding some more if you can.

Forgive me, I'm still learning and was just wondering cause I personally had not seen a combo in an actual match yet that exceeded six loops...thats all, so figured there may have been a reason or it might not have been practical/possible and wanted to know. I guess not...sorry.

Yes, it's the best tk to use overall. I find it easier if you do 9214D instead of 2149D.

And yes, it's practical.

Thanks for the answers, perhaps I'll start practicing doing the TK9 version as opposed to TK7. ^^

Nothing to apologize for :psyduck:

Hehe, all right then. Always a little paranoid about asking silly questions is all.

Anyways, thanks very much for the help, it's appreciated greatly. ^^

Silly question that I can't test out because I still fail at this loop... Would a fatal counter (cresent or super) > RC > loop work? And if it does, would it increase the number of reps?

Perhaps it would increase the number of reps. But a normal TK RC loop would work anyways.

I'm not sure if it gives any sort of proration bonus or frame data bonus, other than giving some extra frames of untechable time.

A fatal counter increases the untechable time, so not only you will be able to do more loops, but also the first reps will be easier to do as well.

Silly question that I can't test out because I still fail at this loop... Would a fatal counter (cresent or super) > RC > loop work? And if it does, would it increase the number of reps?

Silly me. I don't know if anyone else knew this, but I hadn't seen it written anywhere.

CH TK > 5A > 6A > TK loop

You don't need the RC for CH TK. Builds really good meter, and it does an easy 4.5K+. It's not practical, sadly. I don't think there's any way anyone can hit-confirm a CH TK. Unless there's some move that has huge recovery, and huge CH frames.

Silly me. I don't know if anyone else knew this, but I hadn't seen it written anywhere.

CH TK > 5A > 6A > TK loop

You don't need the RC for CH TK. Builds really good meter, and it does an easy 4.5K+. It's not practical, sadly. I don't think there's any way anyone can hit-confirm a CH TK. Unless there's some move that has huge recovery, and huge CH frames.

It works but you will need to be in a corner situation and score a Ch while putting yourself at risk being too close to allow a 6a to hit on landing but yes it works.... If a corner Tk work without Ch people would be more willing to use it.

A question for those who modded their stick. Did you guys find it easier to corner loop with square gate or octagonal gate? I swapped in an octagonal gate yesterday, and generally I can do the 9214 motion a lot faster, but execution overall got worst. Quarter circles motion is harder, and TK attempts resulting in high jumps or spike chaser - basically became harder to hit the diagonal corners that were there with the square gate.

i havent modded my stick but i have played with both square and octagonal gates. i find it VASTLY easier with the square one, but this is mostly due to me learning on a stick that had a square gate lol

just practice your inputs lol you'll get used to it

We have a modded TE in our house with octagonal gates. I could consistently TK7 playing on PS3 pad (though I actually used the analog stick for just about everything) and could get around 2 - 3 loops with that, but nothing more. Switching to a stick that had square gates originally, I found I could no longer TK at all on that thing. After switching to octagonal gates I can sorta get off a TK9 once in awhile but not consistently. So back to learning how to TK...again. OTL But overall, I personally find octagonal gates feel nicer than square ones as far as TK motions go, but I'll just assume any stick with any type of gate takes practice to get used to. So no matter what you choose just keep at it, and you'll get it eventually.

A question for those who modded their stick. Did you guys find it easier to corner loop with square gate or octagonal gate? I swapped in an octagonal gate yesterday, and generally I can do the 9214 motion a lot faster, but execution overall got worst. Quarter circles motion is harder, and TK attempts resulting in high jumps or spike chaser - basically became harder to hit the diagonal corners that were there with the square gate.

a lot of that is the fact that you're using an entirely different type of gate, i personally find that octagonal gates make tk'ing anything harder because of all the bumps on the gate. Square gates for me definitley make things easier to tk, you're muscle memory just has to get use to not feeling a diagonal area as concretley as you would with an octagonal. generally once you get use to the square gate you wont be hitting the corner for the diagonal on a tk motion.

When I had an octo, I found it way easier to TK things because the gate just naturally rolled to each position. Square gate made me feel like I was doing far more work to get past corners. Really, it's all a matter of preference when you get down to it. I'd suggest sticking with a square if you want to play it safe and save the $5.