Sign in to follow this  
Moroha

AC A.B.A. 101: RTSD with a 500lb. Key guide

Yes, you can JI for her j.S. For instance, any time you combo them into a 2S that hits them in the air (throw, run up 5S JI 2S, for example) you can continue with sj.jK, j.S, jump, j.S, etc.

Speaking of jump installs, a good throw combo to learn for many characters is as follows: Throw, dash forward a bit, 5S (press 8 for jump install)-2S, superjump cancel, j.S-j.P-j.S, JC, j.S-j.H-Keygrab. This also works from counter-hit 2S. I don't think you can get it from anything else, though, as j.P-j.S becomes techable after only a few hits.

6. Butt Loop (Corner with Tension Options) Throw, dash in, 5S, 2S, Butt.. a. 5S, 2S, Butt, 5P, 5S, 2S, sj.S, Keygrab b. 5S, 2S, Butt, 5P, 5S, 2S, sj.D, Orbs, FRC, AD j.HS, Keygrab With those two, its kinda hard for me to net a 5S after the butt, For me 5P works better, anything im missing here?

Hahaha, you got it man. Good luck. :) Jan eliminated me at Evo. It was a rough match, and he played it exceptionally well. I ended up getting 13th, which isn't the Top 8 I was shooting for, but I'm still happy with it and had an absolute blast. Some of my matches are up on my youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sephzer0

lol he didn't even tell me he played you but he filled me in on his fight with the testament he lost to, sounded pretty brutal.

He lost to that Testament 2x. Wuku was really on the ball day 1, the only person that beat him in our pool was Flash, and he beat Jan twice. I think he lost to Marn's Jam in Top 8. In other news, GG 3 needs to happen. Now. :)

In other news, GG 3 needs to happen. Now. :)

I second this. I need more tricks to learn, and we've pretty much milked AC dry of those. enough with the side projects guys, put your overture/blazblue related ideas on the backburner and get back to work on what gave you your following in the first place :gonk:

A.B.A isn't that learn, seeing as a button masher can pick her up and do a gazillion+ combo and win. Even still, this is a great guide if you want to play her competitively. (BTW, do any of you guys know how to set up the network for GG on the PSP?)

A.B.A isn't that learn, seeing as a button masher can pick her up and do a gazillion+ combo and win.

Yep, most of us picked her up because she's so button mashing friendly.

*insert long fart noise*

Yep, most of us picked her up because she's so button mashing friendly.

*insert long fart noise*

Actually, l just like her style. lt's not everyday l see a homunculus carrying a huge key and slitting her wrist just to attack.

She's my best fighter, in fact.

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I have to know if these combos work in AC+ because I, for the life of me, can't get things like HS or 2K to connect, even when I FRC the last hit of the rekkas. Or is it mode specific? it's kind of hard for me to tell, sorry :V

AC and AC+ are the same, aside from additional content (story mode, kliff, justice, etc)

Yea, figured that out on my own so now it comes down to me messing up on my own. Did find that I was reading the combo wrong in that it wasn't a normal mode combo. However there's still "f.S, c.S, 236S, 46S, 63214S, FRC, forward dash, 5H, Keygrab. Gets you into Moroha."

Even when I FRC (which is random for me right now, sometimes I just RC it) I can't get 5H hit.

Even when I FRC (which is random for me right now, sometimes I just RC it) I can't get 5H hit.

You're doing something funky then. 5HS will connect with everybody in the cast. If you're mid-screen, however, it's pretty much impossible to 5HS into keygrab on the heavy characters (Eddie,Robo,etc). Do like drassill said and just skip the 5HS and go straight into Keygrab in that situation.

In the corner, 5H should hit everyone and connect into keygrab. If you're in the corner you can also do c.S, f.S, 236S, 46S, 63214S, FRC, 66, 2H(2 hits) JC j.S JC j.S Keygrab.

I've been playing A.B.A. a lot recently but can someone elaborate on this?

"*->If ABA is knocked down three times in Moroha Mode, she can be Instant Killed."

Unfortunately my local competition is limited so not sure what could occur if she gets knocked down three times in Moroha mode.

When ABA is knocked down and her moroha meter runs out, she wakes up with the vulnerable animation leaving moroha mode. This lets the opponent start a combo with something sweet, or even IK if they knocked down with a move that gives them enough time to use it.

It takes roughly three knockdowns to make her meter run out, hence the specific number.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong on this combo?

"2. 5S, 6H (1hit), 236S, 46S, 63214S FRC, dash in, 2K, 5S, 2S, Butt, P, j.D. Works in the corner."

^

I've been trying for the last hour and I can't get that last j.D to ever connect no matter what I try, I tried delaying the butt drop and the 5P but it never connects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTr0t4l6XXQ&hd

Edited by ConHuevosGuey

Sign in to follow this