Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Linear04

Easy characters to use in GG?

Pot and Slayer if we are talking about easy characters to win with for new players. For slayer combo 236D into 236D, anyone should be able to do that. And do the whole j.k, j.2k, j.k, d.j.k, j.2k.j.d. A lot of his tricks and frc's are tough for someone new, but if they can't mash 2.HS into 236D then well, maybe GG isn't for them.

Potemkin's combos are short and do a lot of damage. Pretty easy to get what you should be doing and the basic combos shouldn't be to hard to learn. New players seem to like to jump around a lot, so there is no reason not to hit them with a heavenly(although new players should be able to combo into heavenly pretty easy).

Naturally you will lose with both against good players, but that is how it should be. For the love of god don't choose Chipp. He is hard to get into since he dies easily and has a lot of tricks to learn. I had a hell of a time trying to jump install teleport in combos, and using j.2k barrier cancel stuff. Other people may find it easy, but I felt he was the worse choice to start off with for getting into GG.

Just curious, which are the hardest to learn characters or the ones people should avoid most?

Also, who has the highest execution requirements?

highest execution requirements for bnb type stuff

i-no is the only one that comes to mind with ridiculous execution bnb's

there are plenty of characters that you have to learn wierd specific shit to play well though

may/venom especially if you're not used to charging mid string, venom overall you'd probably want to avoid in the beginning...may is actually a good choice if you're comfortable charging

chipp airdash combos, bridget fd canceling everything, robo-ky dealing with heat meter

now NO ONE is easy to master, but some of the easier gimmicks to get a hang of

order-sol charges, aba mode in mode out, zappa multi-summons, sol clean hits (its really just a matter of doing it enough to be comfortable) I dont think chipp is actually that bad a choice to start with. He has plenty of great basics, he just doesn't deal damage and you'll learn to not get hit. You can learn his more advanced and damaging stuff as you play. Just know that if you learn a chipp basic combo you'll kill someone about 1/3rd as fast as if you had learned say a testament or potemkin basic combo

Is it bad that I keep seeing this topic in the tab on the front page and thinking "Sol" every time?

Just curious, which are the hardest to learn characters or the ones people should avoid most?

To learn I-No is to know how to utilize almost every mechanic in the game as a necessity. In addition you have to have a clear understanding on how inputs work and have a grasp of how to put play on them. IE you may need to do 4K(HOLD)789632S147896K(RELEASE) in a single motion, not to mention the timing differs from your standard 5K HCL motion. Even on her standard combos, timing has to be very precise. 66JK, 2K, cS8, 2H, 2D, HCL sounds easy on paper but if you don't know how she works you'll struggle just trying to link JK to 2K.

To learn I-No is to know how to utilize almost every mechanic in the game as a necessity. In addition you have to have a clear understanding on how inputs work and have a grasp of how to put play on them. IE you may need to do 4K(HOLD)789632S147896K(RELEASE) in a single motion, not to mention the timing differs from your standard 5K HCL motion. Even on her standard combos, timing has to be very precise. 66JK, 2K, cS8, 2H, 2D, HCL sounds easy on paper but if you don't know how she works you'll struggle just trying to link JK to 2K.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!

i had to jump install it... :yaaay:

i would stay away from pixie characters like chip or millia. They take alot of damage and you can lose 50% just by not knowing which moves are overheads.

Also one of the reasons why i say Pot is the easiest. great HP so lots of chances to keep playing after you get comboed.

If you guys really think that the hardest part of this game is 412 motions and frcs then there is something wrong.

Oh, I agree.

anji seems really easy to learn u just have to learn the basic mechanics of the game and kstomp is the only thing u might need to learn to frc as long as u read a little about his bnb and dont button mash u should be fine and also u could completly spam hs fujin on scrubs

Millia is pretty easy IMO, she has no hard stuff to do and pretty easy frc's (the more useful ones anyway)...The only 'hard' part about her combos are the char specific stuff...

Millia is pretty easy IMO, she has no hard stuff to do and pretty easy frc's (the more useful ones anyway)...The only 'hard' part about her combos are the char specific stuff...

:psyduck:

I want to go back to bed so I'll make this short. Millia's char specific combos are identical to the combos that you have to be able to do to do damage and get people in the corner plus knockdown. For "hard" stuff, off the top of my head, you have iron savior FRC whiff and J.k mixups, both of which require one frame or less timing. Also, TK Bad Moon FRC requires you to hit confirm it and you'll want to be able to FRC both on hit and block. And the timing changes based on the distance.

In short, no.

roboky dp frc

bridget's 2d is tricky cuz you got that sweet spot where you can still hit but its far away enough to have the whiff timing

anji seems really easy to learn u just have to learn the basic mechanics of the game and kstomp is the only thing u might need to learn to frc as long as u read a little about his bnb and dont button mash u should be fine and also u could completly spam hs fujin on scrubs

The ease goes away quickly when you pick up early bad habits by constantly relying on autoguard and HS fuujin and realize even shitty players can punish it really easy.

Combo and gameplay wise, yes he's probably one of the easier characters, but to beat anyone who's not a scrub the difficulty ramps up quickly.

The ease goes away quickly when you pick up early bad habits by constantly relying on autoguard and HS fuujin and realize even shitty players can punish it really easy.

Combo and gameplay wise, yes he's probably one of the easier characters, but to beat anyone who's not a scrub the difficulty ramps up quickly.

ya u right if ur playing against someone who is not a scrub u will have to put more work in compared to other chars and none of his moves are really spammable. and as long as ur not predictable and u dont make it a habit (ya i had to break out of that myself) fujin becomes way less punishable. If u want someone thats easy to use and learn u should go wit anji. he has really easy hit confirm moves, his frcs arent that tough (although i still mess up 6k frc), and the majority of his combos are very easy to learn.

from a technical stand point Ky is pretty easy, sit for an hour you can understand a lot of his moves, their applications and can gain a general understanding of what you're going to be doing....

HOWEVER when you start fighting.... it's a bit of a bitch slap.... er, wake up call....

his combos aren't that hard... his Orb combo and SE FRC can be hard for begginers....

So he's easy to understand but learning is tough, but not to many of the GG characters are exactly easy, but if you compare him to, say, A.B.A, Eddie, Testament, or... Johnny?... goddammit now I have go play AC...

Thanks for answering my questions faultydefense and bucklemyshoe! I guess this means I gotta work on I-No's Bread and Butters, so that I can properly argue with a local player that the execution level in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is higher than Guilty Gear's :bad:.

^^who really cares? can't you find something more relevant to argue over?

any way, learning a few I-No B&B's (really she has none) is an entire different task than learning to actually play I-No and incorporate her execution.

I made a tutorial vid, I'm sure you could learn a few things from it by later tonight, however to pull off her 5K HCL combos on a consistent basis vs people may take you months of practice. (these are typically what people refer to as her B&B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcoZv2foXvA