Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Linear04

Easy characters to use in GG?

okay we've all had our fun but seeing as this may very well be one of the first threads people read here i want to make a serious post outlining the biggest differences.

- in bb, jumping is generally good. 4 frame startup, A+B+C option select, and ridiculously bad air throws make the air where you want to be.

- in gg, jumping is situationally good. yes, you can block in the air, but that takes from your actual meter, not your airblock meter like in bb. and air throws are really damn good in gg.

- bb's okizeme game is almost entirely reactionary; you see how your opponent techs and pressure accordingly. very rarely do people actually guess when applying pressure on their opponent's wakeup.

- gg's okizeme game is hard as shit. you have characters with unreactable 50-50's, 3-way unblockable mixups, unblockable setups that follow you, etc.

- bb's execution barrier is very lenient as every button press is autofired for 5 frames (this is called advance input). most combos in bb are dropped due to spacing errors rather than missed links or inputs.

- gg's execution barrier is generally pretty high. frc's, links, etc.

- in bb, instant blocking is rather easy (can you do just defends in garou? if so, ib'ing in this game should be nothing) and incredibly good, putting you at +5 frames on the ground and a whopping +10 in the air.

- in gg, instant blocking is hard and rarely guarantees a punish. same goes for slashback, only it's harder.

well thats it im done with my post

New easiest character is faust...owadate~!

Faust actually is a very solid character for beginners, in that he'll teach them good habits. His zoning game forces new players to emphasize spacing, lack of reversals makes them have to learn to block, and he has rush down options once the right items are out.

l say this line of characters is the best for newbs-

A.B.A- How and when to rushdown safely and effeciently without paying for it

Baiken - To help them with defensive options

Ky- Because he has everything, zoning, rushdown, etc...

My small list may be completely wrong though so take it as a grain of salt :eng101:

I've heard horrible things about Testament, how if you practice him for 2 weeks you'll start beating pros. Could just be an exaggeration though.

SOOOOOOOO TRU.

thaz why everyone can haz testament.:vbang:

Faust actually is a very solid character for beginners, in that he'll teach them good habits. His zoning game forces new players to emphasize spacing, lack of reversals makes them have to learn to block, and he has rush down options once the right items are out.

his fb and 5d seem like pretty decent reversals to me

5D is hit or miss, literally. If you see that coming, aka know what to look for, faust is gonna eat some fat damage.

Also, it isn't a reversal.

Faust's 5D is invincible to strikes from the 1st frame. But the invincibility ends long before the move's 1st active frame. So, no, you better not consider it a reversal because it's really not that safe.

Just pick slayer. Even if you suck at links, 2k 2h 236d is fairly easy so long as you have two working and functional hands. After that just cheap out with 2d 2p 5p j.k j.2k j.d and voila you have more damage than most of the cast for 25% meter and a knockdown + oki. Don't even worry about the 5h IAD stuff. That's for chumps.

His utility moves are ridiculous as well.

BDC aside, his dash in general either forward or backward is amazing for positioning and movement.

BBU (236d) will beat the shit out of a lot of things due to it's speed (10f startup) and upper body invincibility from frame 1 until you [counter-]hit your opponent in the eye. It also can combo off of counter-hit mappa (236k/p) and leads to the above mentioned benefits of a BBU combo with little to no effort required on your part.

DOT (632146s) has a zero frame startup after the super flash so, in cases where you are near your opponent and they are not blocking or if they are doing a move, they will be [counter-]hit for some ridiculous damage. It also has strike invulnerability until the first active frame. The hitbox for this move extends far in front of him so you can actually beat out certain moves even from far away.

This post is getting too long so in summary: play Slayer if you are starting GG. Risk/reward will always be in your favor, all your moves are amazing, and you will win matches which you should never have a chance in hell of winning...

Despite all that, he doesn't dominate nearly as much as you would think and the recent Arcadia ranking has him at B tier.

That is why I love this game.

^

This is truth.

To make it easier you can just do a combo like 5H, pilebunker after landing a BBU. It's brainless to do, and it looks cool.

Willing to wait until the end of time for the next GG.

This makes me cry.. ; ;

I have some questions for OP.

What do you want to accomplish playing GG?

Let me clear it up, do you play because you want to mash out with friends, or do you want to play competitively?

For case A:

Sol, Ky, Order-Sol, Slayer, Potemkin ( I think I'm forgetting someone >_>)

Case B:

Slayer & Potemkin ( They swing both ways, with Potemkin being the winner)

Moderately Difficult: Eddie, Testament, May

Stay away from those unless you want to hurt your brain/fingers: Bridget, Venom, I-no.

A little bit of both i guess, but i've been playing alot with sol lately and i've gotten his Grand Viper clean hit and up to 2 or 3 sidewinder loops as well as most of his FRC's

I haven't really tied all that hard to play other characters, but for now I'm really starting to enjoy Sol, and Ky even though i can't get Ky's vapor thrust combo properly

GG is way way way harder than BB for obvious reasons, but just seems way more fun and satisfying in the end. Thanks for your input guys, i think i'll screw around in training mode with some of the other characters you guys mentioned, especially with slayer and potemkin since they were mentioned the most

God this game is so complicated, especially with physics of the game affecting nearly everything, even after a certain movement... but i guess that's what makes this game so interesting!

You need to play more to get a grasp of your character and in-game physics. It'll just naturally come to you when you play enough.

I feel I should say something about Sol being easy:

if you play on a pad (like with PSP AC+).... clean hit GV..... is..... don't, your thumbs will hurt, and you will get pissed.

a lot of people who don't actually use sol or ky where I am use either may,bridget,johnny,axel,or dizzy.well for me in that category,I'd say May is the easiest to learn.... for my area I guess.I use Anji mostly so i wouldn't know lol

lf you think Sol is hard on pad, imagine me playing l-no on pad, having to do the 360k 6frc6 almost constantly. Or Bridget's ldou pressure. :vbang:

Blister citeh.

lf you think Sol is hard on pad, imagine me playing l-no on pad, having to do the 360k 6frc6 almost constantly. Or Bridget's ldou pressure. :vbang:

Blister citeh.

i was refering to CL GV.... mash back and forth and repeatedly press 2 buttons..... and my PSP analog stick broke.... so I have to use the shitty pad..... aaahghhhh my thumbs. Don't even talk about 6FRC6, I still can't do that shit for Ky's SE FRC combos....

Blister citeh.

Switch to stick. It helps in the long run... I used to be a hardcore pad warrior too till Blazblue forced me to learn stick...

trust me. I know you heard this alot, but i-no really wasn't designed with a ps2 pad in mind...

Once you switch, its a slight adjustment and you might have to relearn it, but 6frc6 Air dash becomes alot easier especially off JI..(not hoverdash auto JI) and more consistant so instead of really having to focus on you combos(I know I had too so I wouldn't drop them) you can focus on your mixup/ oki game and the actual matchup itself..

No one is really easy in GG Sol and Ky more so because there pretty much hard Ragna and Jin but GG takes effort more so then Blazblue for all characters.

No one is really easy in GG Sol and Ky more so because there pretty much hard Ragna and Jin but GG takes effort more so then Blazblue for all characters.

I agree with you!

Sol and Ky aren't the easiest to learn. As i been told b4 Sol has very few pressure string combos and they all need to be FRC'd. Both sol and ky are at an intermediate level.

Characters who are easy in guilty are still pretty hard to use. Imo the "easy" characters are Potemkin, Baiken, Chipp, and Jam

It's more like who's the easiest to start with. Someone whose basics you can come to grips with easily, and who have uses for higher-level techniques that are easy to implement and practice. From there it's much easier to branch out into other characters and less straightforward uses of advanced techniques.

If it's easiest to start with it's Sol and Ky.

Shoto commands = let's start with this guy, and move on to others after we feel safe with dp, fireball and hurricane.