Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Thanks, I just couldn't believe he actually said that.. you should read the whole thread, it's awesome for shitz'n'giggles. xD As for Eddie, well, assuming he's still alive (since at the end of AC+ in one path he just broke free of Zato's body as a new sentient being) I think they should still have him use the same old stance and attacks, just a new look is all. Assuming he is in the next GG of course. >_>

And where would I find this good sir?

another ?, Who is ABA connected to? I know her "history" with being locked up and all that but that's abt all I know. Sadly.

4r5, your sigs hitbox is too big, I keep hitting it by accident. :(

4r5 is broken. :vbang: Instant tournament ban.

And where would I find this good sir?

another ?, Who is ABA connected to? I know her "history" with being locked up and all that but that's abt all I know. Sadly.

The Justice threads. Though, if you simply click on the blue arrow next to Hecatom's or Edge's names in the qoutes it will automatically bring you to their post, then just go back to the first page and read =]

EDIT: Err, actually, if you meant about Zato/Eddie, then you'd probably have to look his story mode for AC+... I can't remember where exactly, but I have seen it around a few times for the dialouges to story modes >_>

The Justice threads. Though, if you simply click on the blue arrow next to Hecatom's or Edge's names in the qoutes it will automatically bring you to their post, then just go back to the first page and read =]

EDIT: Err, actually, if you meant about Zato/Eddie, then you'd probably have to look his story mode for AC+... I can't remember where exactly, but I have seen it around a few times for the dialouges to story modes >_>

I was mentioning the Justice thing, it was funny tho. Lol. Dizzy's story explains it well enough. Oh Hec lol

Oh, okay, yeah it was funny as hell, and even if the thread was dead, I just had to put that in xD

Going to take a stab in the dark here and say its that EX dizzy Overdrive that makes her go invulnerable for approximately 10 seconds.

I was wondering, I'm trying to get a collection of GGAC match videos of good players to make a "this is what you need to able to do" sort of thing for every character, and I would like to know of any specific tournments or special events that would be a good place to look for video samples. I know about A-cho, evo, SBO, G3, and Mikado. Is there any other events I should look into, or did I get everything?

When it comes to video samples, learning the japanese tags and searching youtube is probably the best way. I've already compiled match videos of Anji, Zappa, Robo-ky and Order-Sol this way. Since I am in no position to spend hours a day at an arcade, I content myself with studying the top players, and trying to figure out how they think.

So I've played a bit of Blazblue, and my friend pointed out that I should play some guilty gear. So I was wondering what version of Guilty Gear I should get. I have a Playstation 2. I know that it's not exactly the same (he told me guilty gear is much tougher to play) but I'd still like to get a copy.

any US version of Accent Core (or Accent Core Plus, tournament-wise they are both the same)

Is guilty gear AC plus more compatible with the ps3 than the original AC? i have a ps3 and the game works but ive been told it has considerable lag on a ps3. is this fixed with the newer installment or same story?

Is guilty gear AC plus more compatible with the ps3 than the original AC? i have a ps3 and the game works but ive been told it has considerable lag on a ps3. is this fixed with the newer installment or same story?

I don't get any lag, but it'll freeze when it gets to the ASW logo a lot. There've been times I've had to reset the game more than ten times before it played the opening. :vbang:

AC+ Wii has this problem too, but with not even a fraction of that kind of regularity. It'll sometimes freeze and take more than one attempt. Not a lot, though.

Hey everyone, complete newbie to GG here and so I have a few questions if you don’t mind. I come from a Street Fighter background (3S & 4) and was recently at a friend’s house where I finally took the plunge and tried out some GGXX. And I must say, that game is HYPE. Now I’m really looking to pick it up and learn it, which leads me to my questions: Which version should I pick up, AC or AC+? Which version is the tournament standard? Are there any gameplay differences between the two versions, besides the added 2 characters in AC+ (who I think are banned from serious play anyways)? Is the PS2 port of AC arcade perfect? My confusion stems from the fact that in Japan, they play AC in arcades, but AC+ is the newer version of the game, so I don’t know which is considered the “proper” version. I plan on buying the game so I want to know which one to get, although I'm currently leaning towards AC. Sorry if these have been answered before, but I'm really excited to start playing and learning the game more thoroughly. Street Fighter 4 has become very boring to me compared to 3S so I'm looking to try new games, and GGXX seems right up my alley.

Which version should I pick up, AC or AC+? Which version is the tournament standard? Are there any gameplay differences between the two versions, besides the added 2 characters in AC+ (who I think are banned from serious play anyways)? Is the PS2 port of AC arcade perfect?

Well, it's about four posts above you...

any US version of Accent Core (or Accent Core Plus, tournament-wise they are both the same)

I personally recommend AC+, mostly because if this is your first GG game, the (crappy) story mode might at least help you find some backstory about the characters.

There's also a ton of stuff to mess around with.

Hey everyone, complete newbie to GG here and so I have a few questions if you don’t mind. I come from a Street Fighter background (3S & 4) and was recently at a friend’s house where I finally took the plunge and tried out some GGXX. And I must say, that game is HYPE. Now I’m really looking to pick it up and learn it, which leads me to my questions:

Which version should I pick up, AC or AC+? Which version is the tournament standard? Are there any gameplay differences between the two versions, besides the added 2 characters in AC+ (who I think are banned from serious play anyways)? Is the PS2 port of AC arcade perfect?

My confusion stems from the fact that in Japan, they play AC in arcades, but AC+ is the newer version of the game, so I don’t know which is considered the “proper” version. I plan on buying the game so I want to know which one to get, although I'm currently leaning towards AC. Sorry if these have been answered before, but I'm really excited to start playing and learning the game more thoroughly. Street Fighter 4 has become very boring to me compared to 3S so I'm looking to try new games, and GGXX seems right up my alley.

There are no gameplay differences between AC and AC+, as the latter is console-only. In addition to Kliff and Justice (the two characters you mentioned, who, yes, are banned from tournament play), however, it includes Mission Mode (which, from what I've read, was removed in AC), a revamped Survival Mode (in that you can power up your character every 20 stages), and a new Story Mode continuing straight from the previous XX games (for reference, the game's story wasn't continued after the original XX).

If you're looking for the current standard and play fighting games by yourself more often than with friends, I'd recommend AC+. If you have friends willing to play it with you, either version is fine.

Perhaps I should be a little more specific. I actually visit a local arcade once in a while that has GGXX: AC (well last time I went, anyways), and would like to get good enough to at least put up a fight next time I go. So with that in mind, should I just get the PS2 port of AC, since it's more arcade perfect? Also, which game is used at console tournaments?