Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Couldn't find anything via search, therefore: has anyone here tried Guilty Gear XX Accent Core or Accent Core+ in one of the PS3s with software emulation support for PS2 games? Especially with the European PS3 models, since that's the one that concerns me the most. Would like to know how well it works, if at all.

Last I heard, both AC and AC+ work in backwards compatible PS3s. Every single PS2 game you play on a PS3 has three extra frames of lag though, so I can't say I recommend it unless you simply can't play it on PS2.

Has anyone ever made an Ex character tier list for any Guilty Gear?

I've been a long-time GG fan, and it feels great to branch out. Doubles the cast.

If no list has been made, do any of the EX characters stand out for being ridiculous?

Dizzy's sword special and Slayers cape super come to mind, but I'm not sure how retarded they would be on a competitive level.

As far as I remember, EX AC Slayer is quite ridiculous. Some of Slayer's stuff got reduced in AC (like gatlings), and in return he got some major improvements. But EX AC Slayer is basically EX Slash Slayer which also has every new muscles of AC Slayer. Which means that EX AC Slayer can do easy gatlings just like in Slash, AND he can also do powerful link combos of the normal AC Slayer. :psyduck:

Couldn't find anything via search, therefore: has anyone here tried Guilty Gear XX Accent Core or Accent Core+ in one of the PS3s with software emulation support for PS2 games? Especially with the European PS3 models, since that's the one that concerns me the most. Would like to know how well it works, if at all.

Hi ive got a 60gb pal model Reload works fine, no lag etc (but i play on an sdtv and turn ps2 upscale off). PS2 games are region locked though and there isnt a pal version of accent core so lets pray that they re release the game on PSN

John Dewey

I want to play Guilty Gear. Could someone please tell me: Should I buy Accent Core or Accent Core Plus? Why so?

Though ac is cheaper ac+ was released as a newer version of ac that got rid of all the small bugs and such that were in the original ac, so you might as well get ac+ (and make sure its not the Japanese version unless you have a modded ps2).

Doesn't matter. The Japanese console port of AC (not AC+) had lots of issues which were fixed in the American AC. AC+ brought those fixes back to Japan, but it also added some more stuff (an actual 3v3 mode being the thing that stands out the most to me) that isn't directly related to typical play. Get whichever.

I'll probably get AC+. I'm just curious about it, are any characters better or worse in AC+?

EDIT: Wikipedia page says "Features include...[modes, etc]...and bug fixes, rebalances, and tune ups from the previous version.

there aren't any balance changes in AC+ to the regular cast. vanilla us AC is also the tournament standard since it's less glitchy (despite what that fix list says), but not many people really care. get whichever, but be warned that AC+ has noticeably slower load times.

John Dewey

Are any of the characters in AC different or rebalanced in AC+?

Justice and kliff are not in ac but are in ac+ as unlock-able characters but neither are legal in tournaments.

Justice and kliff are not in ac but are in ac+ as unlock-able characters but neither are legal in tournaments.

EX characters were also "rebalanced" for AC+... as much as that matters.

there aren't any balance changes in AC+ to the regular cast. vanilla us AC is also the tournament standard since it's less glitchy (despite what that fix list says), but not many people really care. get whichever, but be warned that AC+ has noticeably slower load times.

Does "vanilla us AC" refer to the american version of GGAC (not GGAC+)? So you're saying AC is actually the less glitchy version, and is the tournament standard here? If that is the case, I'll def get AC. Half the price, and loads quicker.

Does anyone know what exactly Zappa is wearing?

It looks like that white mold is grafted to his skin. Yet he is wearing a speedo over it and has a t-shirt on under it. wtf.

I keep reading that AC+ is sped up from the arcade version.

If so, by how many frames? And is AC(PS2) arcade perfect?

All PS2 ports of AC are sped up. Jap AC, Jap AC+, US AC, and US AC+; I dunno about the Wii ports, but my friend says that timings feel the same between PS2 and Wii. And I got no way to measure by how much. US AC, Jap AC+, and US AC+ are as close as you can get to arcade perfect.

If you're buying the console port to practice for playing in arcades, you're just going to have to deal. And I feel sorry for you if you're planning to main Slayer. If you aren't planning to play in arcades, then you'll just get use to the PS2 speed.

Hello, I am trying to get into Guilty Gear and enjoy zoning characters or characters that set up. (In BB I play Arakune and in Melty Blood I'm training Len.) Which characters are zoners so I can narrow down my choices between the characters?

Sounds like you like projectiles.

Eddie

Testmanet

Venom

Faust

Zappa

May

Dizzy

Bridget

Wii to PS2 should be fine, aside from controllers. A console port to arcade, I tell people to slow everything down.

An accurate analogy would be to imagine (or go get) a rubber band. The rubber band represents a period of time within the game. Imagine/draw out your inputs, your frame-gaps, the frc windows, etc across the rubber band. The rubber band left loose would be that period of game time on a console port. The rubber band stretched out would be the same period of game time on arcade. Everything is more spread apart, windows are larger, etc.

Whether it's difficult to adapt between the two, that's up to you. I opt to not adapt at all. /oldman

Does the PSP version have the same speed as the console versions?

And also, for the console versions, do you know the exact speed difference with the arcade version?

Does the PSP version have the same speed as the console versions?

And also, for the console versions, do you know the exact speed difference with the arcade version?

No way to know the difference between arcade and home so far. Just as 4r5 with the awesome floating bread for his avatar said, there are differences in time windows in the arcade release.

Just for clarification, is the Wii version of Accent Core (US) the same as the PS2 (US) version (which I believe is the closest to perfection)?

When I say "same", I'm referring to the absence of bugs and whatnot (that plagued at least the Japanese PS2 release).

If not, would Accent Core Plus (Wii/US) fix those problems?

I've already got Accent Core on PS2, but I recently got 2 sticks for my Wii, so I'd rather play on that.

Edited by Busaiku