Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

This thread is where you want to post:

http://dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112

However, I may as well just answer your question, rather than sending you all over the forum (again :P).

In the first post of the thread I linked to, there is a concise guide to setting up a program called FlashGet (free to download, just google it) that will download the ASX files and convert them into WMV files. I've heard of other programs that do this, but I know for sure that FlashGet will work.

Hi Redbeard I thought you might be interested in this ttp://zepp.fc2web.com/data.htm Tension Balance table (5th table down), shows the pulse modifier I think. So it ranges all the way from 25%, to 150%. Next table shows tension gain for normals is directly dependent on the attack level. Next one says that distance from opponent affects tension gain. 100% if within 500 pixels, 80% between 500-749, 60% for 750 and further. Last bit has the tension scaled to 20% for FDing, negative penalty, etc. But the bottom 3 on the list aren't there on gamecombos.

Yes, it shows the names, in Japanese.

Ew...Japanese...well hopefully it'll still say the names in AC.

Katakana isn't too hard to learn, and most of the moves are written in it anyway. Since the majority of the attacks are in English, and just written in Katakana, you can still decipher the move names by reading the sounds out loud so it sounds ilke broken English.

Suta-n Eji = Stun Edge

Guri-do Se-ba = Greed Sever

erc.

Katakana is a phonetic form of japanese (right? I don't know for sure but I think that's it).

All of Japanese is phonetic I believe. Hiragana is used for Japanese words, Katakana for English words (though you'll sometimes see English words in Hira - like 'Jackhound' and 'Going My Way').

I'm sorry for this terrible question but in slash do u have to unlock additional colors for the characters to use them. and what's the buttons to use the extra colors. I use a xbox controller converter I want to use Johnny's all black outfit with the red katana but I hit different button combinations but I never get the color can someone help me out I'm sorry for the such a stupid question.

There are usually about two or three ways to unlock the colours: one is to play the game for 96+ hours (i.e. leave the game on overnight, for a few nights), another is to beat gold characters in survival mode (i think), and maybe another is to beat mission mode? (less sure on the last one) it's something like that. i don't think it's listed in the Slash FAQ at GameFAQs, but if you look up how to unlock SP colours for #R or XX, it should be roughly the same for Slash, minus the story mode method.

Here's a stupid question: How is it possible to have 50% tension at the beginning of the round? I still can't figure it out.

When you taunt, after the 'SLASH', the next round your opponent will start with 50%.

Why Does Accent Core not play like Street Fighter II?

Accent Core is actually the 86th revision of Street Fighter 2.

I believe this is the right place to ask this, since I think it's a pretty stupid question. >_>; I plan on importing Accent Core sometime this week. Will I be able to use my current (US) memory card to save my progress on?

in ggxxac. does everybody have a secret move or something? cause sol has that 214 214 214 214 P+HS dragon install that isnt on the list and ky has that 222 HS lighting strike that also isnt on the move list

Everyone is said to have one hidden move. Currently known are, Dizzy's, Jam's, Ky's, and Sol's. Is Chipp's wall-push thingy his hidden move? Whoa, I just got GGX mode, in between beating arcade mode with Jam. But I don't think that's what did it. Probably time unlock, from leaving the thing on for the past two and a half days.