Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

thanks. damn too bad there no cheap ones available now. I wouldn't mind paying a little more than $50, but the damn $25 shipping fees are pain in the ass.

Could someone give me a breakdown on what tiger kneeing can be used for in terms of combos and how it is done? For example, how would you, "TK a Volcanic Viper via 6239S"?

tiger kneeing is basically doing an air move straight off the ground. take chipps alpha blade, where the air version does not have the extra sliding effect that the ground version does. To do a normal alpha blade, do a quarter circle forward, then do punch. To do a TK alpha blade, do a quartercircle forward, then hit up-forward and do punch. Or a half circle starting with down, all the way ubntil you hit up, then hit punch. Instant Air Alpha blade~

Is there a list anywhere on all the GG:AC unlockables? I just quit after I beat all the EX characters in survival mode and hoping time release will do the rest, but haven't gotten anything yet.

lol I almost made the same mistake like the guy at gamefaqs with unblockables. btw how does the time unlock works. I've been playing for few hours and don't see any slash stages yet???

lol I almost made the same mistake like the guy at gamefaqs with unblockables.

btw how does the time unlock works. I've been playing for few hours and don't see any slash stages yet???

Yeah. I know, right.

Time release counts only actual play time. Cocking around in menus and such don't count. Just leave the game on in training mode, or 2p mode with unlimited time.

What is the button configuration and placement in GG:AC for japanese arcade machine.

ksh

p-d

must of answered this question a bazillion times. is it not in the faq or something? Ah, it is. http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372

4r5 the link to the FAQ doesnt work. So you are saying that the arcade config is different form the default config for PS2? If I got this right this mean that kick button is above the punch button and the dust button is just to the right of the punch button right?

No, the dust button is blow the HS button. And the PS2 default layout on a common stick is wrong, so you need to map the buttons correctly yourself.

link is working for me :I:

Posted Image

top row: Kick, Slash, HardSlash

bottom row: Punch, empty, Dust

and respect/taunt is usually floating around somewhere else. Most people slap it inbetween punch and dust.

Hi, I have 2 stupid questions.

1) I'm trying to explore the depth of this game, so I went over to the ^C frame data site (http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/select.html), but I'm having difficulty understanding the abbreviations for the following:

TG

GB+

GB-

Lv <--(also, could someone elaborate further about this?)

Guard <--(it says HLF; what does this mean?)

Cancel <-(I think R= RC; F= FRC, but what does cCJR and CR mean?)

Recovery <- (does this mean recovery on block? or recovery if you whiff the move?)

SD

2) I see the abbreviation "TK," (e.g., TK Axl Bomber). What does TK mean?

Thank you for your time

Hi, I have 2 stupid questions.

1) I'm trying to explore the depth of this game, so I went over to the ^C frame data site (http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/select.html), but I'm having difficulty understanding the abbreviations for the following:

TG

GB+

GB-

Lv <--(also, could someone elaborate further about this?)

Guard <--(it says HLF; what does this mean?)

Cancel <-(I think R= RC; F= FRC, but what does cCJR and CR mean?)

Recovery <- (does this mean recovery on block? or recovery if you whiff the move?)

SD

2) I see the abbreviation "TK," (e.g., TK Axl Bomber). What does TK mean?

Thank you for your time

TG - Tension Gain

GB+ - The amount the opponents guard bar will increase if they block the attack

GB- - The amount the opponents guard bar will decrease if you land the attack

Lv - The move's level. Higher level means more hit and block stun

Guard - The ways opponent can guard to succesfully block it. H = High, L = Low. F = FD in the air

Cancel - c = it can cancel into itself. C = special cancellable

Recovery - The amount of recovery frames the move will have if you don't cancel it. It's the same for block, hit and whiff

SD - Frame advantage. Opponent's hitstun minus your recovery. Positive number means you get to move first. Negative means opponent moves first

TK is a special way of executing air moves to activate them as early as possible. Basically you do the move input on the ground but then extend it until up/right or up/left or just up and then press the attack button. If done right your character will jump very short and then do the move. For example, if Ky does 2369S, he will make a short, short jump and then an air fireball.

Counter hits do more hit stun. They do NOT do more damage. Some moves have additional effects when connected on CH.

check here, for what moves have CH properties.

http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/select.html

Also, gameplay related stupid questions go here.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598

Indeed you can, I just managed to SB a 2H from Ky. Though it is really risky (Kiske), since if you time it too late, you eat it while on the ground, you could hold (normal guard) or tap back (Instant Block) first, then trying the SB as late as possible. For Slash Backing, too late is better than too early, since there would be no punition after a missed timing.

This might not qualify as a stupid questions, but who are considered to be the best players for each character? The only ones I'm sure about are... I-No: Koichi Jam: KA2 Eddie: Ogawa Testament: Shonen Baiken: Sharon Venom: N~Otoko Bridget: Ruu And the ones I'm not so sure about... Potemkin: FAB Johnny: BLEED Order-Sol: kaqn Sol: Isa A.B.A.: DIO Millia: Woshige

I think Isa is the most overrated player ever, IMO the best sol is P.C because he uses his grab better than any other sol player, I don't know, I think he plays the way that sol should be played, Isa plays like a crazy man, IMO 012 is better than Isa too, but that's just my opinion! And i think Maruken is at same level than Sharon right now, his baken is really strong!