Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

All PS2 ports of AC are sped up.

ugh i tough that it was only a problem of the ac+ usa version

Edited by Hecatom

Just for clarification, is the Wii version of Accent Core (US) the same as the PS2 (US) version (which I believe is the closest to perfection)?

When I say "same", I'm referring to the absence of bugs and whatnot (that plagued at least the Japanese PS2 release).

If not, would Accent Core Plus (Wii/US) fix those problems?

I've already got Accent Core on PS2, but I recently got 2 sticks for my Wii, so I'd rather play on that.

afaik there's no striong difference that you'll really feel between the Wii and PS2 version of the game unless you're using wiimotes. It should play out fine.

after telling me that the game had been canned pqube have recently rleased the pal ps2 versionof accent core, does anyone have it yet and can they report if it is backwards compatible with 60gb ps3s

I'm new to GG (about 3 days into it, actually). I've played, and loved, Melty and BB, but I can't seem to find what's going on in GG. Playing #R netplay gives me a general idea about the scrubs available here, I mean I'm no genius right now but I'm not gutter trash (for low level), but there's people on the net play that just hit buttons, and it's bothering me. Are there are netplayers on dustloop that actually play the game?

Players like bagandscalpel and FullMetalJ gave me a fun match, and were obviously much better than me, but is there any hope in using netplay to get decent at this game?

I got a question, but I'm not sure it can be answered here:

Does anyone have extensive knowledge of the first Guilty Gear's (GG1 for PSone) combo mechanics? I was watching that Best Guilty Gear moments video and saw those rediculous high numbers, but I've never been able to pull that off myself (some believe it is cheat or tool assisted, actually). I know you can Charge-cancel all normals, though I don't know what constitutes a combo in that game short of legit blocking after recovery.

Basically what I'm asking is does anyone know of any written guides or tips on combos for GG1?

I play gg:ac+ on wii using 2 wiiremotes and 2 TvC sticks. The game runs surprisingly smooth. I don't really notice any difference between this and the ps2 version, except that I have better sticks for my Wii.

So for the dude who asked if ggac runs well on Wii, I can attest to the fact that it DOES, indeed, run very well.

@Blade: You know, I've never played the original gg, but from what I hear it was a VERY difficult game to play. Like... the AI was insanely cheap also. I think players soon fought back with their own tools and used gamesharks to pwn the AI and give them a taste of how it feels to lose so brutally. /no factual proof, take it for what you will.

you can't combo into instant kills in guilty gear. You can do some setups by dizzying hte enemy or hitting aba as she's forced to revert from goat key mode, but comboing into instant kills will flat out miss no matter what.

you can't combo into instant kills in guilty gear. You can do some setups by dizzying hte enemy or hitting aba as she's forced to revert from goat key mode, but comboing into instant kills will flat out miss no matter what.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing it up, I thought comboing into them is possible ^_^;

I finally got a new TV, and I also dropped 30 bucks to find a used AC+. I even have the manual and Bonus disc! I'm really happy with it, and now I CAN TRAIN UP TO BEAT THE VETS AT CLUB.

I'll have to study up on some of the mechanics that make it more complicated than BlazBlue (DA, FB, SB) since I'm not familiar with how they may be used or what place they might have in my playstyle, but I'm sure as I read I'll be able to ask some good questions.

I look forward to improving my Baiken and Jam games. So here's my question:

Does anyone have any advice so a casual newcomer like me can learn more efficiently? What can I do to transfer my skills from BlazBlue?

Does anyone have any advice so a casual newcomer like me can learn more efficiently? What can I do to transfer my skills from BlazBlue?

Since in the end GG and BB are quite two different games, it's better to get used to it from the beginning without comparing the two games too much.

Also, one big difference is that in GG you have to actually have a real okizeme play: in BB everyone can just roll, and the most setup on wakeup are random punches. Here not only you have to work on enemy knockdown, but since every chara can end a combo with a sweep...

Also in GG tension bar is needed for many stuff, so you have to take a smart look on it.

Frc and the other advanced stuff comes later.

Cool. Thanks. I can see that I should probably start from the ground up and practice basic things, along with saving tension, since everything draws from it.

I'm working on saving for the capping equipment - maybe might see some stuff from me for critique or put up for bros.

Cool. Thanks. I can see that I should probably start from the ground up and practice basic things, along with saving tension, since everything draws from it.

I'm working on saving for the capping equipment - maybe might see some stuff from me for critique or put up for bros.

Not save your tension, but be smart about it's usage. There are many many many situations where you will have multiple outcomes depending on how you use your tension ( since it's used for many things like what have Blade said )

To know know which way is the best, that depends entirely on you.

I know that this may sound very vague but once you get started into the advanced stuff, you'll know what I mean.

Understood.

I've found that watching good players like Nerina have gotten me to understand what I need to do with Baiken through mimicking - I wish I could find someone also good for Jam - preferably with commentary - I'll have to check out the subforums for that stuff.

I wonder what the best settings would be to practice different drills for different mechanics? I'd have to drill myself for Throws, IBs, and such.

@Star- I see you live in NY, I suggest to look into the NYC forums and see when people head over to Next level. Its a good place to have casuals, meet the people, and gain some good advice

@Star- I see you live in NY, I suggest to look into the NYC forums and see when people head over to Next level. Its a good place to have casuals, meet the people, and gain some good advice

I wouldn't mind going if I had the money, but I don't play well on stick at all, and the arcade noise would get to me.

Been practicing with Baiken - practicing FD Dash brake with throw and Dead Angle. I hear Baiken has the worst grab range, so if I can nail it on her, I've have a few more surprises in store for the folks I play with. (Good idea/Bad idea?)

I'm having real trouble being fast enough to do RCs. This game just keeps getting faster every time I come back to it. I'm beginning to see why the company has qualms about making another game like AC+. Unless it's cleaned up, loosened up or slowed down, it's a very intimidating game to get into and keep playing.

I'd discuss more, but this is a question thread. We should probably make a general thread.

Been practicing with Baiken - practicing FD Dash brake with throw and Dead Angle. I hear Baiken has the worst grab range, so if I can nail it on her, I've have a few more surprises in store for the folks I play with. (Good idea/Bad idea?)

I'm having real trouble being fast enough to do RCs. This game just keeps getting faster every time I come back to it. I'm beginning to see why the company has qualms about making another game like AC+. Unless it's cleaned up, loosened up or slowed down, it's a very intimidating game to get into and keep playing.

I'd discuss more, but this is a question thread. We should probably make a general thread.

This is a question so I'll try to answer.

It's a good idea to try a variety offensive options, but in general, things that are risky/bad may tend to be seen and occasionally reacted to.

Might be good to catch them off guard once or twice in a match.

Sorry I don't know where I'm supposed to post this, but Baiken's gatling table is obviously wrong (no 5S > 5HS) and I don't seem able to edit it :P (which is okay). Also a little more complicated maybe, but Sakura has high invul in frames 39-50 and the foot-note *3 isn't anywhere in the page (I think it goes in Baku's K Follow Up notes). Just saying because this details seem easy to fix and they would make Dustloop's frame data even MORE awesome :D

Quick fix to what was said earlier, but Baiken's grab range isn't as bad as Chipp's, who in fact has the smallest throw range in the game (but the fastest speed to go along with it, making it perfectly viable for tick set ups)

is there any way to view hit boxes (using the emulated version or something) i just wanna see what some moves hit boxes actually are (BBU, raou 2hs, spike)

Hello everyone! I was wondering is it worth to practice Guilty Gear on PC? Do people play it on their PCs, is the game alive? How is the online play? (I'm from Croatia and we have some really shitty internet connection)

Do I need an arcade stick to be good at this?