Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Try to connect it directly not through PVR and i think the cable u use (av/component) also effect the delay not sure which is better thought ... BB's also suffer lag, but advance input buffer help minimizing wrong timing ... while on GG case, you should depend on muscle memories to deal with Lag.

The PVR lagged the input when I used composite->component, but when I used component>component the lag disappeared.

The point is I'm trying to record things so I can get some guidance and look over my own things. (maybe make some helpful videos)

Hey guys im new to the game and am wondering how combos work in this game for example i do ryujin with Jam they can tech out so i cant follow up or J-S which launches however i can only follow up with one hit before they can tech, i watch matches on Youtube and see players do really long combos with her.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the animation for FB Greed Sever based on Kakushi Kakusei Hissatsu Waza, Gold EX Ky's secret Greed Sever Overdrive that he's had since... #Reload, I think?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't the animation for FB Greed Sever based on Kakushi Kakusei Hissatsu Waza, Gold EX Ky's secret Greed Sever Overdrive that he's had since... #Reload, I think?

Just checked on my psp, it is the same.

The official site (guiltygearx.com) says a "Questionnaire" is up...but the link is dead?

Anyone know what's going on????

500 thousand people voted to beg them not to nerf tesament or eddie :P

Hopefully it was a good amount of real feedback and not more trolling or "nobody played character X so LOL!"

I've looked everywhere but can't seem to find it, so I hought I'd inquire here. How do you do a 1-frame jump in this game?

Faultess Defense immediately as you jump. It cancels your startup and makes you airborne after the first frame. If you don't see a dust cloud when you jump, you'll know you did it right.

Faultess Defense immediately as you jump. It cancels your startup and makes you airborne after the first frame. If you don't see a dust cloud when you jump, you'll know you did it right.

Thank you for the speedy reply. I also have another question, can you do 1-frame jumps by just hitting 7+p+k or do I have to do 8 then 7+p+k or 4+p+k? Thanks in advance.

7PK is fine. I don't think you can 1f jump backwards*, so it doesn't matter which up you put in.

* I might be wrong on this, but I don't remember ever doing it, just had someone test it and neither could they. :psyduck:

Edit: Thanks for the confirm 4r5. :keke:

Edited by Circuitous

7~P+K is fine, you just won't jump backwards if you did it right.

Hello, I am somewhat new to GG (been playing it for years but only started playing it competitively about 3 weeks ago). I have been practicing on the Wii version of GGXXAC+ and I have recently been told that the Wii version has more input leniency. Is this true? And if it is, how can I make the inputs the same as the arcade version? I find it hard to believe but then again I wouldn't put it past them to make GG easier on the Wii, for example CvS2 on the Gamecube.

It's called "easy input".

More or less something that would normally be 236P just would end up being 26P, simplifying the input.

You're better off getting more adjusted to default inputs because of how often you can accidentally do other things instead.

For example trying to do Vapor Thrust and Stun Edge comes out instead.

Wii has a variation of this, but it's even worse than BlazBlue's beginner mode.

Edited by Blade

It's called "easy input".

More or less something that would normally be 236P just would end up being 26P, simplifying the input.

You're better off getting more adjusted to default inputs because of how often you can accidentally do other things instead.

For example trying to do Vapor Thrust and Stun Edge comes out instead.

Wii has a variation of this, but it's even worse than BlazBlue's beginner mode.

I've been doing the default inputs. I play on the PS2 version whenever I go to gatherings and I can do everything just fine most of the time. The only real reasons I drop inputs/combos is because I am fairly new and on the PS2 version I play on square gate but I am used to octo gate.

...Okay, this isn't for me, this is for someone else...

What's the procedure for sending an inquiry to Arc System Works? I noticed they have no public e-mail listed, their U.S. Webpage is down...and the only other site that seems to allow for inquiries is their EU page.

Does anyone know anything?

Did Justice ever get balanced for competitive play? She looks like a character I can like. Her design reminds me of Hakumen and Nu.

Did Justice ever get balanced for competitive play? She looks like a character I can like. Her design reminds me of Hakumen and Nu.

GGXXAC+R is the first version where she and Kliff are being balanced for competitive play.

That's actually exciting. Are there any videos of her in the latest version? Or just videos in general.

I shudder in fear at the thought of playing this game on a 360 controller.