Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

I'm getting the GG for PS3 so is there a point to keep the Wii version of the game?

Having not played the ps3 version yet, none of us knows if it's any good. If ps3 version is comparable to the xbox version, then you might not need the wii version. At this point, even though it's too early to tell if the xbox version is a better facsimile to the arcade version than the ps2, I think a lot of the community is ready to move on to 360/ps3 if only for the availability of the new consoles and sticks. In other words, you're probably fine to discard your wii copy, but don't come crying to me if the ps3 version is unexpectedly unplayable.

Any trick to jump-installing from a single hit? Stuck on learning Order-Sol's (JI) 5S© HJC combos. Does Guilty Gear use any sort of button or directional input buffer like SFII or KOF, or are inputs instant like in 3S? Asking because I usually get an automatic early jump cancel when I try to install from the single hit, where if I don't install and go for the later (high) jump cancel window period I can nail it down.

How do you pick between the sets of colors?

You know how there's like EX #R and whatever the other different colors you can change between.

Well, if you do this in arcade mode, you will effectively kick yourself out of arcade mode. I'm pretty sure the "Do you want to quit?" box will pop up in network mode.

Is there some trick in landing IAD p after landing S HS with Chipp or OS? I see japanese players after landing S HS on an aerial opponent IAD into P D alpha blade with chipp or IAD P HS to Viper with OS. When I try this in training mode I rarely land this without turning the beat black.

Is the window really tight or am I missing some sort of trick in the IAD motion.

It just takes practice, and while theoretically the black beat combo is bad, I haven't had that many people tech out of it anyway. Just practice em and use them and they will get air tight on their own.

Any trick to jump-installing from a single hit? Stuck on learning Order-Sol's (JI) 5S© HJC combos. Does Guilty Gear use any sort of button or directional input buffer like SFII or KOF, or are inputs instant like in 3S? Asking because I usually get an automatic early jump cancel when I try to install from the single hit, where if I don't install and go for the later (high) jump cancel window period I can nail it down.

the only trick I can think of is when you do it right you aren't going to jump during the first UP in your jump install. once you get that down it's practice.

and I think it might be sf2/kof style input buffering, but I'm giving my odds on this guess like 65/35.

Edited by GreasyGyro718

To remove any confusion about the sj install, 5S sji is the most difficult one, but doable. What you want to do is hit jump before 5S hits, then 29 as 5S hits so you get the superjump. Essentially it's 5S929 in rapid succession.

I've got a question regarding characters. Ive played rushdown for a long time, but since I picked Persona 4 Ive been using Elizabeth and I love her style of control/mixups.

Now, I want to pick someone different in +R, and I'm torn in between Venom or Testament. which one should I pick? I do like their style of being able to do okizeme and zone as well, so maybe the one who has better oki?

I'd say that depends on whether you want to have a better long-range game or consistently ruin your opponent's life when you get knockdowns. Venom's oki is pretty much the same as it is in AC, but Testament's isn't as rewarding IMO. So if you want better oki, go with Venom.

for what it's worth, testament's easier to pick up. looks a little less straight-forward in +r, but i'd still say he's easier than venom. however there are a lot of people that stay away from venom because they think he's too hard, and i really don't feel like that's the case. just testament is the easier of the two. if that makes a difference to you. also i don't know how familiar you are with gg, but testament is second only to eddie in ac, so you'll get some easy wins if you plan on picking it up before +r. venom's oki is better though, and his ac to +r changes aren't as drastic as testament's.

oh I am pretty familiar with GG. And I'm actually quite surprised that Venom has better oki/mixups than testament. I always thought Testament was better in that department since he has fast overheads, the net, phantom soul and now in +R a new teleport. I don't really know Venom options since im not really familiar on how he works, so maybe he does have much better options and I just didn't know about it (we didnt have good Venom players here back in GG days)

Yeah I always though Testament Oki was stronger than Venom. Web into low high, or high, cross up trees, cross up grave digger stuff. For sure testament has better options in any given time than Venom.

Well I never messed with venom much so I'm no expert.

Having trouble with slashback. Maybe because I play on a bad setup, but I was told by sogos to practice on ABA's Moroha 2H. I really don't understand what exactly to do and when. Sogos said "you'll get it once you do it".

So I'm sitting here trying to tap back while pushing two buttons like a dumbass. I don't get it.

Tap back/downback S+H within 2 frames of the attack hitting you during it's active frames.

It's not hard. On multi-hit moves, block the first hit, then SB the second. After that it's just practicing to get the timing down. Then doing it in a real match.

Oh, see, I was trying to do it as if it was an instant block.

Now to do it on my TV's timing. :O

Then relearn the timing when it comes out. :O

S+ Zappa

S Faust, Chipp, Kliff, Millia

A+ Dizzy, Axl, Jam, Eddie, Order Sol, I-no

A Venom, Robo Ky, Johnny, Slayer, Anji, Ky

B+ Sol, Bridget, A.B.A, Baiken, Potemkin, Testament, May

B Justice