Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Was anything related to GGXXAC+R's release mentioned in Arcfest? :?:

Also I agree, Jam's your best bet.

Assuming you mean things like Jam's IAD Gekirin? It's IAD then the input. If you're having issues you're probably doing it too slow, you need to do the input during the airdash itself.

Actually, a lot of people buffer the dash after the input of the special move. It works for the same reason you can TK a move: The input buffer allows special moves to happen a little bit after the directional input has been recognized. To get properties like downward-gekirin or downward-tatami from an airdash, the move needs to happen during the airdash. What that actually means is that the game needs to recognize the button press then, not the directional input.

How you input within the window the buffer allows is a matter of preference.

For example, for backward IAD gekirin, I use 214754K, but for forwards IAD gekirin, I use 9563214K. It doesn't actually matter how you input it as long as the button is pressed (or released) during the actual airdash animation. For airdash > special specifically, I find that as a general rule of thumb, it's easier for me to airdash first when the move's directional input ends with the opposite direction of the airdash, and buffer the special move's input first when the move's directional input ends with the same direction​ as the airdash.

Edited by Digital Watches

I should note I play on pad so that might change things lol, whoops forgot to note.

I'd like to ask, since I've been playing around with it in my head: is it possible for Sol to do a Gun Flame on a downed opponent so that the flames crosses them up on wakeup?

blocking is relative to the opponent, not the projectile

if it is, it would be gunflame, frc, jump over and be on the other side as it hits meaty

the flames themselves arent what would make the crossup

Hi all, I've just started getting into the Guilty Gear universe, and I bought the original PSOne game off of the Playstation Network. However, after looking at some videos online, I've noticed some differences between the videos and the version I'm playing. On my game, it says 'Heven or Hell', with 'Heaven' spelt wrong, and when you're defeated it just says 'Defeat' rather than 'Slash'. The font is also different. The other thing is I've seen a video from when you fight Testament, and there is a dialogue exchange between him and Sol, but when I beat Testament, it just went straight to the Justice fight. There's been no dialogue or story told at all in any of the fights.

So is there some other version of the original Guilty Gear out somewhere? If so, why wouldn't that version be on PSN?

Look for Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+ on PSN. It's like 15 bucks, and the most recent GG out in the states.

Look for Guilty Gear XX Accent Core+ on PSN. It's like 15 bucks, and the most recent GG out in the states.

Sorry, I should probably clarify. It's not that I'm looking for a different version in general, I'm just curious as to why my version of the original game seems to be different to what I'm seeing online. I am planning on getting Accent Core + eventually, because I'm trying to play through the whole story. I'm also in Europe btw.

I really would like to start playing GG. I would like to play the game online with people (with playable connections). Which version should I pick up? I heard that almost nobody plays the XBLA version :/ I'm from the netherlands btw.

Hmm, you should probably try to keep dust out of the game. I imagine at worst it could damage the reading mechanism or make it impossible to load, but that is pretty unlikely. Still though, clean you games regularly.

I really would like to start playing GG. I would like to play the game online with people (with playable connections). Which version should I pick up? I heard that almost nobody plays the XBLA version :/ I'm from the netherlands btw.

Did some digging and finally found a European thread in Match Finder. PSN seemed popular? Worth a shot.

What exactly does "Dust" do in the game?

For all characters, standing Dust is an overhead that launches the opponent, and crouching Dust is a sweep. In addition, Force Breaks use Dust for their commands. There's more info on the wiki.

Hmm, you should probably try to keep dust out of the game. I imagine at worst it could damage the reading mechanism or make it impossible to load, but that is pretty unlikely. Still though, clean you games regularly.

Don't do this, I thought you were a bot. :v:

Sorry, couldn't find this on the wiki: does anyone happen to know precisely how long GG's input buffers are? I know that the airdash buffer is 12 frames, but is that universal or do special inputs and/or ground dashes have different buffer lengths?

A penalty applied to damage. If something prorates 80%, moves after it can only do 80% of their normal damage.

Keep in mind there are 2 kinds of proration. Most of the time in GG you're running into "first hit" proration, which means the combo's damage is scaled only if that move is used to start the combo. Occasionally you'll see Forced proration, which means if the move is used, even during a combo, the scaling will be applied.

Also note that some moves have "positive" proration. For instance, the first hit of Jam's Geki: Saishinhou (236236H) has 150% proration; moves in a combo after it do 1.5x as much damage.

What are the current theories on the PSN version delay?

Do we think it's because of localisation?

Do we positively know that it is being worked on and planned for release?

Considering that the Vita version is out, I don't want to say that it's "safe" to assume they're working on the netplay, but that looks extremely likely. That's the one thing that's missing from the Vita version anyway...

What are the current theories on the PSN version delay?

Do we think it's because of localisation?

Do we positively know that it is being worked on and planned for release?

Only information from ArcSys is that development is taking longer than expected. No mention as to what, specifically, is taking longer.

if it were the net play they were working on, i'm pretty sure they could just release the game and patch it later.