Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Kliff and Justice are allowed for AC+R. Any other version = banned.

I believe that was for the Japanese PSN. It's unclear if US PSN will be updating this month or not (although I also hope we get it today).

Does slashbacking cause you to fall to the ground faster? I've noticed some Eddie players doing it after their flight duration was up, and I'm just curious as to why.

Slashbacking during airdash makes you go back to air neutral so if you've crossed over your opponent's head, your character will turn around instantly. I suppose Eddie players do the same to turn around in the air.

Slashbacking during airdash makes you go back to air neutral so if you've crossed over your opponent's head, your character will turn around instantly. I suppose Eddie players do the same to turn around in the air.

Actually, unlike FD, Slashback can actually cancel an airdash. Not only will you turn around, you'll also drop faster and travel less far horizontally if you do it early enough, and it works for most characters with airdashes. I use it primarily to cross up, get ground confirms or high-low mixup from IAD overheads (by falling faster), or just to confuse my opponent's spacing. As an added bonus, it means you can slashback from an airdash faster than you can block, meaning that at least in theory, if you know something will hit you out of your airdash and you won't be able to block it, you should always try to slashback it.

Hello friends! I'm very new to Guilty Gear but love fighting games. I have a question about terminology. In this Slayer BBU combo "BBU → H [JC] rising j.2K → j.K [JC] dj.S (1)-2K → dj.D-2K → dj.K → land → P [JC] j.K-2K → j.D" I dont know what they mean when writing "dj.S (1)-2k". What does the dash imply? I dont think its a link but i also dont think its an "or". Also, what does the "(1)" mean? Another example is also this Slayer combo: "Crosswise Heel → j.K → j.D-2K → j.K → land → c.S/P [JC] j.K-2K → j.K [JC] dj.K-2K → dj.D" in here they have a part with a "/" which i believe does imply "or" and a part with the mystery dash.

Help is appreciated :)

j.S hits multiple times, so the (1) means cancel after the first hit. The dash is used in place of "xx" or ">" or "," or whatever other symbol to express a special-cancel/gatling. The "/" does indeed imply or, as both c.S and 5P are both jump-cancellable and allow j.K/j.P/whatever to be linked afterward.

Cool! Thanks so much AMB Bakery :3 Definitely looking to level up my Guilty Gear play :D

If you're going to be playing Slayer, first I'd suggest that you really really get your ground links down. 5P into 5K, 2P into 2K, 5K into 5K, 5K into 2K, 6K into 5K, 2K's late gatlings (2S, 2H, and 2D). That, and work on you anti-air (namely AA 5P or 2S) confirms, as Slayer air combos lead to big damage and good knockdown from j.D.

Getting knocked down by Slayer is pretty scary, so be sure to embody that by adopting mix-ups you see from match videos. A basic high-low would be 214P~S and you could either opt to press H for an overhead or wait until after the recovery to do 2K. Another version of this high-low is just to do dandy step to threaten with ~H as an overhead, but you can just empty dandy step into 2K. Similarly, you can choose between meaty 6K or 2K or doing 6K feint into either 2K or perhaps a throw. Utilizing his forward dash is also good to keep them guessing for left-right as well as high-low. Be sure to utilize his feints off mappa and 6K for low/throw mix-ups or just to get closer (don't do it too often of course, you don't want to be predictable).

Hope this helps you to level up, though the best thing for that honestly is to play and grind. Make sure you ask both yourself and your peers what you can do to improve. This will probably be things that have nothing to do with combos, but rather your psychology or understanding of spacing or match-flow.

Edited by AMB Bakery

guard bar testing stuff

pretty cool stuff, i'll work on wording more formally for the wiki. expect me to bug you with questions!

Hi everyone! Before I put my question, I want to say that I have visit you a lot of times to see guides and utilities for my 3 characters xD I used to play Guilty Gear XX #Reload with my cousin (who initiates me in fighting games) 5 years ago, and I'm not an average player...I'm a normal Sol, a pathethic Milia, and the worst Robo-Ky xD but I love the game and I'm still playing it thanks to online patch xD (someday I get some new GG version xD)

I have came to make a question...because today, was playing on training mode with Ky Kiske in EX Mode and luckily I found out a secret move, that doesn't appear in the Comand List. I was wondering if there are a post or section for hidden moves for GG XX #Reload for PC. I have used the search bar...but I didn't find nothing

Thanks for your answer ^_^

you likely ran into an EX overdrive. Also, is this red or blue #Reload your playing? I myself own Blue reload, the better version of the two

Is there a way to disable block switching in training? It's pretty much the most useful setting in existence for learning to confirm setplay, but I can't find it.

I guess I could record the dummy doing nothing but downback/back to do it a ghetto way, but I'd prefer to do it in the settings so that I don't have to hit replay to make the dummy block every time.

The 'limited' guard option works as a kind of random guard. It's just that, from my experience, it usually just goes {Block, Get Hit, Block, Get Hit}xN. Every now and then you'll get the CPU to block or get hit some times in a row, but overall, that isn't the most common outcome. Kind of unfortunate though, since, IIRC, #R had an actual random guard option.

I'm not asking for a random guard, but something that disables blocking high while crouching/blocking low while standing for the dummy. That way, I can it, do a combo, get knockdown, and (since I play Millia) drop a disc, choose a mixup, and practice what to do when the okizeme mixup hits or fails.

The way I practice disc mixup and follow-up combo/mixup depending on if they get hit/block, is just through recording the dummy alternating between high and low block very quickly. Basically going from [4] to [1] to [4] to [1] very quickly, this allows you to simulate the random guard function from #R. Then I play it back and do a knockdown setup from a throw, or a string into 2D on hit or if they block, go into instant K pin -> falling j.S -> high/low mixup into 2D. From there on you can just set disc and run your mixup.