Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

So saving GG Slash once on my HD would enable it to work without me using the HD loader everytime? Does it get saved to another format that enables me to play any import that I've saved? and can I use an external hard drive instead of an internal one? and what's the network adapter for?

Sorry for all the questions, just really curious to how this works. Thanks for your time.

1.Yes you can play GG without the disc

2.No it doesnt get saved as another format

3.No you cant use external u must use internal

4.The network adatper is so that the connection of the HD and Ps2 are in tact

ah, just looked around and there's another program that does the same thing usbextreme. lets me use a external and works for the ps2 slim model. reason i asked about the external is because I already have one that i used to use for school. thanks again for telling me about this type of program, really appreciate it.

I have some stupid questions... 1. Am I right in noticing you can't jump cancel after an air dash? 2. Is there a universal timing change to using Fake/Roman Cancels after a connected or blocked Gattling? Example, "If you Gattling and attempt to Fake Roman Cancel a special attack, it will be delayed x ammount of time for every move in the game over the cast, because of a buffering time created by doing so." Or does it simply depend on start-up and recovery time? 3. When instant air dashing at what height am I suposed to be looking at? I generally IAD at just above character height... Thanks for your time...

1. Am I right in noticing you can't jump cancel after an air dash? -Depend on the characters. Millia, Dizzy and Chipp can do so, other characters cannot since they cannot triple jump. 2. Is there a universal timing change to using Fake/Roman Cancels after a connected or blocked Gattling? Example, "If you Gattling and attempt to Fake Roman Cancel a special attack, it will be delayed x ammount of time for every move in the game over the cast, because of a buffering time created by doing so." Or does it simply depend on start-up and recovery time? I can't say I know what you are talking about. For for RC, you cannot do it until you hit the charcter with the move. As per FRC: If the FRC is after you score a hit, it will be a few frames later when compared to FRCin' a whiffed move. I belive this is what you are asking. 3. When instant air dashing at what height am I suposed to be looking at? I generally IAD at just above character height... I usually play a Ky player and aim to be able to push him back while IAD towards him, not go over his head. Again, it when playing Ky, there are shorter characters where this isn't possible.

I have some stupid questions...

1. Am I right in noticing you can't jump cancel after an air dash?

Chipp can. Since he is the only char that can jump after an airdash.

Ground-jump, air-dash/air-jump, air-jump.

2. Is there a universal timing change to using Fake/Roman Cancels after a connected or blocked Gattling? Example, "If you Gattling and attempt to Fake Roman Cancel a special attack, it will be delayed x ammount of time for every move in the game over the cast, because of a buffering time created by doing so." Or does it simply depend on start-up and recovery time?

It's called hitpause. In general, for moves with their FRC occuring after the hit, their timing will change. Moves with the FRC before the hit don't ussual have to worry about a change in timing.

3. When instant air dashing at what height am I suposed to be looking at? I generally IAD at just above character height...

Mininum IAD height is diffrent for each char.

^Thanks, both of you! Yeah I meant FRC timing, will it be the same length length delay for any FRC'd move in that situation? That's what I thought. I just got into the habit of IAD'ing not so long ago which the height I didn't know was satisfacory or not. I thought I might want to be pushing the character but I've never knowingly IAD'd at that level so I didn't know if it could be done or not.

-Depend on the characters. Millia, Dizzy and Chipp can do so, other characters cannot since they cannot triple jump.

Millia and Dizzy can not jump again, after their airdashes. They can airdash again, after their airdashes.

^Thanks, both of you! Yeah I meant FRC timing, will it be the same length length delay for any FRC'd move in that situation?

Not to sure about this one. Johnny has all his FRCs before the hit, so I never had to worry about this. BUt I'm going to assume...

Timing can be a little diffrent depending on when within your active frames you connect on.

Not sure if blockpause and hitpause are diffrent lengths.

And gameplay questions, like these, should go in the Stupid Gameplay Questions Thread

This thread is for non-gameplay.

I have a question for stick users or owners. Do you have problems for pressing the 3 (FRC) buttons? I am a pad user and i have problems with pressing the 3 buttons (traingle, circle and X)with my thumb.

Sticks is easier with the arcade lay out.

K S HS

P - D

Just press the top three buttons. With pad you might have to button map a bit.

Most major tournaments ban button mapping so its better to learn the three buttons

Thank you Dragonthorn and Darkhonor90 for the quick reponds. I though so that pressing 3 buttons on stick would be easier than on pad. I know that button mapping is banned in most tournaments that is why i recenly did map my buttons on pad. i want to be able to play my Venom at fullest. But on pad it goes so sloooooooow (without mapping) that it is annoying. I CAN do SA-loops(16beat without mapping, 20 beats with; in training), but everytime i fail a FRC without mapping i have to ask my self 1) did i miss the FRC? 2)did i press the 3 buttons correcly? Anyway i resigned to buy or make a stick, but you both comfirmed that it is the best thing to do.

button mapping is not banned; button macro shortcuts ARE banned. i.e. mapping HardSlash to R1, Dust to R2 is not banned; mapping PKS to R2 is banned.

button mapping is not banned; button macro shortcuts ARE banned.

i.e. mapping HardSlash to R1, Dust to R2 is not banned; mapping PKS to R2 is banned.

Oh ok I guess i got the terminalogy wrong ;_;

You get everything after a while: special colours, EX-charas, #R-charas, Kliff + Justice etc. (everything except these bonus artworks) .. that's the way I came to that stuff^^.. just trough practice mode and VS :P Having to play all these mission modes with charas one can't handle isn't really fun :(.. ..better invest that time in creating setups and training combos and stuff^^

I have a question. How do you get the whole Retry, Character Select, Quite Game menu to come up after a battle? My game doesn't do that. Is there an option in the Options menu because I was told that it should do that as a default.