Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Has anyone out there heard anything lately of an Axl by the name of Niiyama? The latest vids I can find of him are a year old, but I have a hard time believing he's not out doing something.

Call me a nostalgia buff, but, I still don't get it. Regarding GG Generations mode (GG Mode/GGX Mode) in Accent Core Plus: I can do "Charge Cancelling" okay (GG Mode), but I still have no clue about FD Cancelling (GGX Mode), that and I'm not sure what other features were tweaked in GGX Mode. I can do FD Brake, but that's an old skill from GGX. I know in GG Mode everything can be IADed really low or jump cancelled from... But what's the trick for using GGX Mode? I heard something about damage scaling from OTG stuff, but is there more to it? What are the specifics?

Try reading the 'teching' section.

Call me a nostalgia buff, but, I still don't get it.

Regarding GG Generations mode (GG Mode/GGX Mode) in Accent Core Plus:

I can do "Charge Cancelling" okay (GG Mode), but I still have no clue about FD Cancelling (GGX Mode), that and I'm not sure what other features were tweaked in GGX Mode. I can do FD Brake, but that's an old skill from GGX.

I know in GG Mode everything can be IADed really low or jump cancelled from...

But what's the trick for using GGX Mode? I heard something about damage scaling from OTG stuff, but is there more to it? What are the specifics?

Late response, but...

GGX mode characters deal more damage (or have different damage scaling), as well as take the least amount of damage of all the Generations mode. However, they have an off-the-ground teching vulnerability. Whenever a GGX mode char takes multiple hits OTGed, the OTG becomes untechable (meaning, Johnny can screw over a GGX char big time).

Now to FDC, you have to chain into sweep, and then immediately cancel sweep into Faultless defense. The easiest way to do this is to hold P+K before doing sweep, then press 1D. So with Sol, for example, you might do something like:

5K[P+K]>2H>1D (FDC)

I personally find it extremely annoying to do.

I'm new to Guilty Gear, but I was interested in checking the series out so I bought Guilty Gear XX on Xbox live. I know that the compatibility isn't always perfect on the Xbox originals, but I've ran into some annoying graphical glitches and I'm curious if it's a known problem or something wrong with my HDTV. Every character has several moves where during the animation of said move, the character will be outlined by these thin brownish lines that sort of hug the character in a box shape. An example is anytime Slayer walks forward, he's outlined by these lines. Anyone else run into this?

I'm not sure if this has been asked but I'm not searching through a hundred posts. So here's my stupid question. Now, I did this before but now I forgot... How do I select a character with gold powers(not with the gold color)?

There's no way to get gold powers without the gold color unless you count the characters with gold powers you fight against in Story mode. (Gold Slayer disguised as Normal Slayer is on the prowl in a lot of people's stories, which makes them really freaking hard. But anyway.) Just pick the gold color (which should be Slash - Dust if it's unlocked for that character) and enjoy the gold powers.

Hell everybody! My first post :P hehe Anyway on to my extremely newbish "Omgz how do you not know!?" question: I've been playing GG:AC at friends houses for awhile now, and just picked up a copy last weekend cuz I enjoy the game (duh). So I also found this site and was surprised to learn about GG R# and it's net play feature. So I was wondering, how different are they? Would playing netplay on R# help my game on AC? Or are the combos/moves/strats completely different in the two games? I would like to improve my AC game, and the way to do that is to play other people, unfortunately my friends have lost interest in GG :( Would like to hopefully become good enough to compete in tournies and such if I can find any. But yea basically: Will netplay R# improve game in AC? Or is it just a waste of time? Sorry if the answer is obvious, new to the whole GG scene haha. Luckily Im not bored of the AI cuz it puts up a fight lol Anyway, all replies apprecciiaateedd :D

If you're trying to compete in AC, not playing AC would be a waste of time. You can play #r (assuming lag doesn't get in the way) and get some of the basics down, like throwing and instant blocking. But #r is two games behind and AC changed the most drastically between revisions. Even basic stuff like airthrows and bursts have changed since #r. If you are going to play #r, I would suggest having one character for #r and another for AC, just to help create that mental division that they are two different games. And becareful playing online. The lag really makes it a different game, even between offline #r and online #r.

The answer to whether #R would improve your AC game is comlicated--it sort of depends on the person. I've moved on from #R and would personally consider it to be too different (no forcebreaks/throw breaks/wall stick/ground slide alone does it for me, really,) but that's just me. I would say the difference between #R and AC is about as severe as the difference between regular and EX characters in AC, especially since a lot of EX characters' changes revolve around getting back the things they used to have in #R but were taken away, such as Millia's spinning hair copter version of her j.H and Anji's beastly five-hit version of his 6H. (I never realized how much I truly missed that move until EX Anji started using it on me in Survival....) Which isn't to say that AC EX is identical to #R, of course. Far from it. Just...AC EX and AC are about the same distance from each other as #R and AC. Also, here's hoping your main in AC isn't A.B.A. or Order-Sol.

Once again, I'm still wondering how to play AC+ Adhoc via PS3 (on my PSP). I've heard methods, but I don't know what all I would need or what to do.

Also, here's hoping your main in AC isn't A.B.A. or Order-Sol.

Taking 4r5s suggestion and using a diff Char for #r,I-no , than my AC main, Axl (Even tho A.B.A is totally badass).

Thank you both for answering my question :D very helpful, have decided that ill stick mainly with AC but play #R every once in awhile when playing the AI becomes stale.

Once again, I'm still wondering how to play AC+ Adhoc via PS3 (on my PSP). I've heard methods, but I don't know what all I would need or what to do.

Just in case you have not seen this thread: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5424

Other than that i cant halp that much, sorry man :/

Have a PSP but no PS3/ADHOC capability :P

(Some google links that i hope helps)

http://highervoltage.net/mb/showthread.php?t=13208

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnGoIgZwavs

i know this may sound dumb but can someone explain what is up with testament's bird. why does it transform and all that. i've always been curious/confused about that thing? :?:

The crow is a succubus that is in a crow form most of the time. Testament must curse his opponents before the crow can attack them. To do this he must hit them with his phantom skull attack. The phantom skull has two versions a punch version that stays near the ground performed by inputting 236P and kick version that travels up high performed by inputting 236K. Once cursed the opponent has a pink circle on them the crow begins attacking until Testament is hit or it wears off. The punch version last for 10 seconds and the kick version last for 17 seconds. The crow attacks with four different attacks in four different patterns. I copied the patterns from the Testament thread. L = Low, H = High, S = Schythe, F = Feathers. Brackets are kick-curse extensions. 1: L L S F H (L S S) 2: F S L H H (L S F F) 3: H F L S F (S H L S) 4: S S H F F (L H H)

Small question I can't find the answer for, is this guilty gear movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM3DW3w0RFc , able to be unlocked for viewing on Accent Core Plus, or is it only on GG XX? I thought I had heard something about an unlockable movie on AC+, but can't find anything else about it.

Would be nice to be able to watch this on the big screen. :)

I don't think it was ever a movie, just a little anime to tell about some of the story line and introduce the characters.

Aye, that's what my impression of it was to. It's just a short 5 min or so clip, I just wanted to know if it's viewable on AC+, because it was said to be an unlockable.

The crow is a succubus that is in a crow form most of the time.

Testament must curse his opponents before the crow can attack them. To do this he must hit them with his phantom skull attack. The phantom skull has two versions a punch version that stays near the ground performed by inputting 236P and kick version that travels up high performed by inputting 236K.

Once cursed the opponent has a pink circle on them the crow begins attacking until Testament is hit or it wears off. The punch version last for 10 seconds and the kick version last for 17 seconds. The crow attacks with four different attacks in four different patterns. I copied the patterns from the Testament thread.

L = Low, H = High, S = Schythe, F = Feathers. Brackets are kick-curse extensions.

1: L L S F H (L S S)

2: F S L H H (L S F F)

3: H F L S F (S H L S)

4: S S H F F (L H H)

I think he means the story behind the crow/succubus. Unfortunately I don't know about it.