Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Ok i dont know whats going on. I recived the pre patch yesterday morning but i havent been able to get on my xbox till this morning. So i finaly boot up guilty gear this morning and i get no update and there is no Plus R patch in the live marketplace. Dose anybody know what happened?

The +R dlc is labelled as "V-UP Catalog" or some such.

Bloody hell. "Sorry. This offer is not available in your region." from trying to get it through xbox.com

The update is region-locked between US and Canada? Seriously??

Bloody hell. "Sorry. This offer is not available in your region." from trying to get it through xbox.com

The update is region-locked between US and Canada? Seriously??

That's what I was saying in the ACR thread, it's region locked for us Canadians. Worst part is, when you go to "Help and Options", there's the menu to switch between AC to ACR now, but the menu only stays on "AC". As if you taunt us lol.

Thank god, I have it on JPSN. Or else this would've driven me crazy.

EDIT:

@Deadli, Thelo is from Montreal lol.

Sutprisingly, I only got the trial of the game...and it's letting me download the patch... Weird ._.

EDIT: still denies me the other options...typical, oh well. It was worth a shot,at least I don't gotta worry about waiting on it by the time I buy the full game.

Edited by HoudiniJr100

It's really quick.

Who is the easiest character to learn in this incredibly hard game? Then, who is easiest with combos? Lastly, who can do the greatest damage easily? Please, just don't mention I-no, the execution is mind breaking.

I can't really comment on the damage question, but I think a lot of people would agree that Ky is one of the easiest characters to learn, if not the easiest. He has all the "standard" FG stuff (fireballs/dp), and his combos aren't too hard to do either.

It's really quick.

Who is the easiest character to learn in this incredibly hard game? Then, who is easiest with combos? Lastly, who can do the greatest damage easily? Please, just don't mention I-no, the execution is mind breaking.

Faust, Faust, Potemkin

in my opinion

This is fairly accurate in terms of ease of use.

I'm not really sure I should comment on combos and damage because I haven't really kept up with how easy/hard the damage is for anyone except Sol and Baiken. That said, Sol gets decent damage fairly easily, but his big damage combos are usually much more difficult. Faust's combos seem easy to me, but it's usually not that much damage. Jam, A.B.A, and Potemkin can crank out really big damage, but, again, I haven't really followed how easily they can do it. Kliff also seems to get pretty good damage.

That's what I was saying in the ACR thread, it's region locked for us Canadians. Worst part is, when you go to "Help and Options", there's the menu to switch between AC to ACR now, but the menu only stays on "AC". As if you taunt us lol.

Thing is, you can just make a US region account and download the update. Tada~!

I don't want to be that guy but is there any reason why the Slayer section doesn't even have a combo thread?

There's a combo theory thread that you can use to stitch together combos. Slayer's combos are pretty situational, so in a way this is more useful than just a list of combos. Between that and videos you should be able to work things out.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16966-General-AC-R-thread

Thank you. And I have been reading things about button macros being banned for tournaments. Is this still in effect? what about button mapping?

Consider button macros to be banned so that you don't come to rely on the tricks that are available because of bugs caused by the way the macros work.

All things are determined by individual tournament organizers, so just ask when you go to an event.

I've been told by a friend that the alternate colour palette sections in AC+R (EX, Reload, etc.) affect the properties of the character in some ways. I was wondering if there's any truth to this? It would be a real shame if it is, because there are some really cool schemes for my characters that I would feel bad using otherwise.

The Slash and Reload dust button colors (solid black and solid gold colors) alter your character's properties and are banned. Black gives you infinite tension meter and gold makes you much faster and deal more damage.