Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Hey guys, is there any info about the OST of Xrd? Who is doing the remakes of the themes or something?

Only info on Xrd's OST right now is that there will be new tracks, Ishiwatari is composing them, and a handful will have vocals. Nothing else has come out on that front yet.

Don't know where to ask, I'm practicing Slayer in #R while waiting XRD. I find that when I try to combo Sx4>K-Mappa>RC>HS>P-Pilebunker, sometimes pilebunker just missed, I wondering why this happened? It seems that the range was a little bit far, but I inputted commands as fast as I can.

And I'm sure that 6HS>P-Pilebunker could be a combo, but P-Pilebunker needs to be just frame. The question is when should I press P in Dandy Step to make Pilebunker become Just frame?

sounds like you gotta delay the pilebunker a bit to allow your dandy step to swing you back in to range

Before you ask, I did use google and the search feature. Have there been any recent news concerning the Plus R patch for north american PSN? I feel really ripped off right now....

It's some joke/meme based on that Twitch Plays Pokemon thing. You ask the Helix Fossil a question and it answers. I asked about +R for US PSN and it said something like "cannot make a prediction right now".

I wanted to make a Xrd Zato masterlist to matches, as well as compilation videos of notable matches, but I can't post them in the Zato board because they're closed off and only moderators can open threads? Any ETA on when they're opened up, or could a moderator open a Zato videos thread, please? Excuse me if my lack of information made this post somehow redundant.

It's some joke/meme based on that Twitch Plays Pokemon thing. You ask the Helix Fossil a question and it answers. I asked about +R for US PSN and it said something like "cannot make a prediction right now".

We're doomed... it sucks not having money to just rebuy +R on a japanese account

I wanted to make a Xrd Zato masterlist to matches, as well as compilation videos of notable matches, but I can't post them in the Zato board because they're closed off and only moderators can open threads? Any ETA on when they're opened up, or could a moderator open a Zato videos thread, please? Excuse me if my lack of information made this post somehow redundant.

Whoops, sorry about that. Boards are now open.

Hello veryone new to the forums and new to guilty gear. recently bought accent core for the xbox 360 (from european xbla). all sources claim that I should be able to switch to +r via the game settings. The option to switch is in the meny, but for some reason I can't switch? when I try to move the selection left or right it just makes a sound like it is an invalid choice.

From what I understand the +r revision is available in Europe? I know a guy in Scotland who has it for example on his xbox. Also, I never received an update when I booted the game and the revision patch on US xbl marketplace is not available for download in my region. I'm just confused as to why I am unable to switch to +r while other people in europe can do it. can someone give me some insight/help on this? I'm really hyped for this game.

It requires an update, If you can't download the update then it's not available in your region.

Hi all, just joined today, first time posting in the forums. My question is this: Why Does GGAC+R have "Nudity" in the ESRB description?:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=10001494&Title=Guilty%20Gear%20XX%20Accent%20Core%20Plus%20R&searchkeyword=Guilty%20Gear%20XX%20Accent%20Core%20Plus%20[Online%20Game%20Code]

I've enjoyed playing Guilty Gear casually for years and it's obviously been rated "T" in the past, so I'm confused by this. I don't usually play M rated games anyway, and I don't want nudity in my games (this is MY personal preference, I understand not everyone shares it). Is this "Nudity" referring to I-no's side-boob win pose? Or is there unlockable artwork that has nudity in it? I like the idea of playing the latest version of GG on my PS3, but I want to know what I'm getting into. Any help in understanding specifically where this game features nudity would be appreciated.

I-No j.K has a pixel one might say is NSFW, but otherwise, no, there's nothing new in the game that's outright "Nudity". Just something the ESRB might have rated this time that they didn't see last time.

The side boob can be misconstrued as nudity because of one very well placed pixel, That's the reason I've always assumed. it's easy to see it in the HD version so it likely bumped up the rating. maybe they also saw the one frame nip slips this time? who knows.

Edited by FattMatt1887

Hey guys,

May player here. Just have a quick question about her 6P cancel. I'm having a lot of trouble in combos trying to cancel from only 6P after a FB HS-HD which is important in her bnb against lightweights.

I've never had an issue with cancelling from 5S > 6P or 5SH because both those cancels give adequate time to charge. Am I missing something with the 6P cancel?

Any insight or help is appreciated.

I feel like I already know the answer to this question, but I have to ask regardless:  The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the +R patch are exactly the same regarding balance and character properties, right?

I was all but certain they were both based on the 1.1 arcade patch, but a friend of mine is absolutely convinced that some characters play differently in the PS3 version (to the extent that he's completely dropped the 360 version because "it plays like shit").  He's probably full of it (as is usually the case), but he was so damned adamant about it that I had to seek confirmation.

PS3 port of AC and AC+R run at the same speed as the PS2, Wii, and Vita ports. Which all run faster than arcade.

360 runs closer to the correct speed, or is the correct speed. I haven't really been able to figure which it is, but it's definitely slower than the PS3 port.

I have a friend who plays Slayer and practices on 360. And tournaments are run on PS3. So, lots of missed opportunities, but meh. Xrd is coming.

I'm pretty sure that +R runs with 3 frames of input lag on PS3 and 4 frames of input lag on X360, but I heard that +R 1.1 fixed the X360 version so it runs at the same 3 frame input lag.  I've played on both and only notice a difference when I have to play on laggy monitors.

Not sure about any differences in actual game speed.  The first time I switched from console to arcade it certainly felt like there was a difference, and back then I was using CRTs 99% of the time so it wasn't display lag, but I think the Arcade version only has 1-frame input lag whereas PS2/Wii versions of AC had 2 frames of input lag.  Someone on dustloop posted a breakdown somewhere...  might have been Teyah?  Try using the website's search feature if you want to know more.

But definitely the PS3 version has 3-frames of input lag which is inherent to the console.  The PS2/Wii versions had 2-frames of input lag if I'm not mistaken.

So some characters like Jam, Dizzy and Axl visually always get knocked face-down but the wiki lists a face-up wakeup time for them. On (what should be) face-up knockdowns do they wake up with the time listed on the wiki, just that the sprite is always face-down or do they really always default to face-down wakeup in terms of frames?