Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Whether you're knocked face down or face up depends on how you were knocked down. Being swept, like from 2D, knocks you down face first. Being sent flying like from Jam's puffball knocks you down face up. The characters that don't have unique down animations still use both these values, you just have to pay attention to how you knocked them down to know which it is.

I'm pretty sure most characters still have two animations, just they might not all unambiguously look like face down or face up.

But to find out which is which, Ama's advice is right: See what moves knock down face up, and it will be the same no matter what character it's being done to.

Hey, im sorry if this was already asked but when i hear that if Ky gets damaged enough in XRD Holy Orders III plays and his hair gets lowered, is that true, and what causes this? sorry if this is not the right place to ask

Opponent's match point, ky gets hard knock down when less than 50% life

Just wondering but, does that only apply to Ky?

I'd like to know if Sol maybe has something similar where he loses his head guard.

Or maybe it's something they hope to add to the game (ala Battle Damage).

Sol has no battle damage. If he's below 50% health, Ride the Fire plays upon activating Dragon Install and continues to do so until the end of the round.

There is no life limitation to triggering Ride the Fire, as far as I'm aware. It plays when you activate Dragon Install in Sparring Mode even against CPU Level 1 (aka stationary) opponents, a situation where you're obviously at max life.

Darn, that's a shame... would've been cool if they added battle damage.  Same for Potemkin too of course (since you never see his face outside of Kanchou poke or Story Mode).

With that, I am also looking for the track list theme names of everyone.

Also, still looking for "Globe Locations" of all the stages you fight in (they appear just before the versus screen pops up I think).

The number of times I've dropped AC 'cause of the health bars are in the double digits. I seriously can't tell how much life someone has left when I'm doing a combo 'cause I'm colorblind. Any colorblind people have any advice? I never know when to do a kill combo in this game 'cause I have to guess where their health is at. Losing because of the HUD is just so frustrating. Seriously, anyone have advice?

Darn, that's a shame... would've been cool if they added battle damage.  Same for Potemkin too of course (since you never see his face outside of Kanchou poke or Story Mode).

With that, I am also looking for the track list theme names of everyone.

Also, still looking for "Globe Locations" of all the stages you fight in (they appear just before the versus screen pops up I think).

You see pot-face in Faust IK too, no?

The number of times I've dropped AC 'cause of the health bars are in the double digits. I seriously can't tell how much life someone has left when I'm doing a combo 'cause I'm colorblind. Any colorblind people have any advice? I never know when to do a kill combo in this game 'cause I have to guess where their health is at. Losing because of the HUD is just so frustrating. Seriously, anyone have advice?

I'm slight colorblind. I just don't look at the HUD. But the color choices weren't bad till AC rolled around, so I had time to develop a feel for things. Try adjusting the color balance on your TV?

Xrd looks a lot better.

Does anyone have an up to date color chart for AC+R? The one on the wiki isn't giving me the correct colors, I'm assuming cause they changed the colors for +R. 

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Millia_Rage_(GGAC)

Like that D color for AC, I get a blue outfit, blonde hair milia that isn't on the list, and for Slash D I get AC S, and for #R D I get AC K. I found out that depending on whether it was on AC or AC+R it would change the AC D color, but I still can't find the black or gold colors. Do they need to be unlocked? And is there any way to get both AC D colors on +R, or am I forced to play AC if I want Milia's AC D from the chart?

Also, Justice has no color chart. Is there one for her anywhere? And Kliff has Jam's colors on the wiki. Does he have a real chart anywhere?

Does anyone else get bothered by the Potemkin Buster?

The person Potemkin picks up clearly doesn't get slammed to anything. Is this intentional?

It's not like he breaks his back either, he just jumps up with him and comes back down.

Does anyone else get bothered by the Potemkin Buster?

The person Potemkin picks up clearly doesn't get slammed to anything. Is this intentional?

It's not like he breaks his back either, he just jumps up with him and comes back down.

His hands are on fire... so they are damaged by the heat and power of gravity idk. Its supposed to be a super backbreaker I think you're thinking too hard lol. I eventually got hype for whenever someone landed it tbh

just as sword slashes, fire damage, limb ctushes and all forms of harmful magic does not permanently maim or even kill (immediately,), the same could be said for a pot backbreaker. it's compensation is doing more damage in game.

Does anyone have an up to date color chart for AC+R? The one on the wiki isn't giving me the correct colors, I'm assuming cause they changed the colors for +R. 

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Millia_Rage_(GGAC)

Like that D color for AC, I get a blue outfit, blonde hair milia that isn't on the list, and for Slash D I get AC S, and for #R D I get AC K. I found out that depending on whether it was on AC or AC+R it would change the AC D color, but I still can't find the black or gold colors. Do they need to be unlocked? And is there any way to get both AC D colors on +R, or am I forced to play AC if I want Milia's AC D from the chart?

Yeah, some of the colors got shuffled around for +R.  Most notably, all character's AC D colors are now homages to BlazBlue characters.  No matter which version of the game you're playing, however, Slash D will always be a character's gold color and #R D will always be their shadow color.  And yes, both have to be unlocked.  You can unlock both colors for a character either by beating their Gold version in survival mode OR by completing all of their story paths in story mode.

As for a +R color chart, that's something I'd like to know about as well.  I heard the characters' updated color charts were in the Gainful Material mook, but I've yet to see scans of that anywhere.

His hands are on fire... so they are damaged by the heat and power of gravity idk. Its supposed to be a super backbreaker I think you're thinking too hard lol. I eventually got hype for whenever someone landed it tbh

It's hype for sure, but I just wonder why Potemkin doesn't go all the way if it's a backbreaker. In Accent Core it just looks silly, but in Xrd it's less noticeable. Specially that HEABENLY POCHEMUKIN BUSTAAA

Can someone help complete I-No's story mode for Accent core on PS3. There are two guides for story mode on Game FAQ website but none of them are correct on how to complete I-no story. Has anyone completed her story and can tell me how it's done. Thanks

I've been wondering if there's any input leniency in Xrd (like there is in BB). According to recent news it's been confirmed there is buffered inputs now, so it got me thinking.
For instance if you have a 632146 super motion, does the game require you to do all the inputs? Or does it still come out if you do the motion but miss a diagonal input?

EDIT: Got an answer, apparently there is.

Can someone help complete I-No's story mode for Accent core on PS3. There are two guides for story mode on Game FAQ website but none of them are correct on how to complete I-no story. Has anyone completed her story and can tell me how it's done. Thanks

I don't remember the exact details, but in Path 1 you just have to fight "normally", while in the other path you must first have completed Path 2 with Baiken in which she confronts Ky in the end, after that, you can notice that now after beating Faust you have two answers selection, one is the same as if you played without unlocking the mentioned ending, and the other is the one you must select, "I should head toward the town".

I can't do grabs in this game for shit. And I don't mean literally, I mean in a match against a human.

For whatever reason I can never get a grab to work mid-blockstring, I can never get a grab to work out of the blue, on the opponent's wake-up I get grabbed by them when I'm trying to grab them instead!

Can anybody explain anything and everything that could make me better understand grabs in this game?

I can't do grabs in this game for shit. And I don't mean literally, I mean in a match against a human.

For whatever reason I can never get a grab to work mid-blockstring, I can never get a grab to work out of the blue, on the opponent's wake-up I get grabbed by them when I'm trying to grab them instead!

Can anybody explain anything and everything that could make me better understand grabs in this game?

The issue you may be running into here is the fact that GG gives a handfull of frames of automatic throw invulnerability after a character leaves hit or block stun.  There's info on the wiki (http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Offense_%28GGACR%29#Throw_Invincibility), but in short it means you have to delay a bit before throwing.

On the opponent's wakeup is a particularly special case.  Since (non-command) throws are instantaneous, if you're close enough to be thrown by the opponent you can be thrown even if you have an attack over them; trying to throw them on their wakeup needs some careful timing and spacing to avoid this while still getting close enough to land your own throw.

Without knowing what character you're playing, a general suggestion is to just try delaying your throw attempt a bit more.  For throwing on the opponent's wakeup, try to give them a reason to not throw you (keep distance until the last moment, jump, use throw-invulnerable moves on their wakeup sometimes, etc.) - this'll make them think twice before trying to throw, and give you room to sneak in with your own throw.

If you're not already, you may also want to try practicing your full setups in training mode (set the dummy to guard all for blockstrings, for instance).  Using this to get the timing down should help you later when going for it in an actual match.

About the LE of Guilty Gear Xrd, I'm only seeing a PS4 version. Although I'm waiting to see if they'll offer the same bonuses for the NA version/PS3 version I also don't want to miss out. Has there been any word of exclusive editions?