Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Yeah, as long as one user that has a PS+ sub on the PS4 if you don't have one on your account, you can still play online on the PS4 no problems.

Have you tested this yourself?

All this stuff is quite different from what I read everywhere else, so it's hard to believe everything.

I'm sorry ;_;

Have you tested this yourself?

All this stuff is quite different from what I read everywhere else, so it's hard to believe everything.

I'm sorry ;_;

If an account is activated on a PS4 (the account considers that specific PS4 as its primary console), then all things tied to that account apply to the console, PS+ included.

So the dream is not dead, as long as one of the two people is ok with not playing Xrd using his main account. N i c e

Thanks for helping out guys, I'll probably simulate the procedure with a free dlc or something beforehand just to be 100% sure.

PS4 only allows one active console for an account though.  You can have multiple accounts active on one console AFAIK, but you can only activate the same account on ONE console, unlike PS3 which still allows I think 2 (used to be 3 or 4).

You'll have to ask someone else for more info for other matters, but definitely you can buy Xrd on PS4 with an alt account and use your primary account, which has PS+, to play Xrd online.

When can we buy Elphelt? I cant find her in the JPN PSN store

:ELP: will be available at the same date as Leo, 12/18. Both will be 800Y each.

So I'm new to the GG series and I'm having trouble choosing a character that fits my playstyle. I come from the KoF series, as such, that game has taught me the benefits of playing a character with both offensive and defensive abilities, sort of like jack of all trades kind of character.

What kind of character do you guys recommend?

So I'm new to the GG series and I'm having trouble choosing a character that fits my playstyle. I come from the KoF series, as such, that game has taught me the benefits of playing a character with both offensive and defensive abilities, sort of like jack of all trades kind of character.

Sol's a pretty good beginner character. He has the best DP in the game, a projectile, a divekick, and a command grab. I'd recommend you play him.

There are characters with great defensive options which aren't very obvious when starting out. Millia doesn't have a shoryuken type special but great upper/lower body invulnerability moves, strong normals, high jump arcs, a fastfall move for escape, etc. All this is worth more than, for example, Kys shoryuken you can crouch under. I'd personally recommend May, she's jumping around with j.2H pretending she's 13 Kyo.

Sol's a pretty good beginner character. He has the best DP in the game, a projectile, a divekick, and a command grab. I'd recommend you play him.

He's one of the characters I've been messing around with him in training mode and he does look beginner friendly, really liking him. Thanks for the recommendation.

There are characters with great defensive options which aren't very obvious when starting out. Millia doesn't have a shoryuken type special but great upper/lower body invulnerability moves, strong normals, high jump arcs, a fastfall move for escape, etc. All this is worth more than, for example, Kys shoryuken you can crouch under. I'd personally recommend May, she's jumping around with j.2H pretending she's 13 Kyo.

I see, upper/lower body invulnerability moves is something i hadn't considered when it comes to defense, now you really got me thinking lol. I'll check both of those characters. On the other hand, I've also been trying Sin Kiske and to me it feels like he can play the keep away game and quickly transition into offense and his extra meter reminds me of the HD gauge of kof13. Do you guys think he could have that kind of potential or is it too early to tell?

Ky is also a good jack-of-all-trades character for beginners.

I'd say Millia's best defensive options are her fast jump startup and her absurdly good backdash. Her normals aren't great at getting her out of pressure. And I wouldn't underrate Ky's defensive game. He's got three fantastic anti-airs (6P, j.K, and 2H), a slide that low profiles, air and ground fireballs, and, while somewhat mediocre, a still serviceable DP.

Even more so than other fighting games, it's important that you actually like your character. Choose a character because you like them and you will be willing to put in the extra effort to learn the hard stuff. Every character in the game has difficult techniques, so just find a character that feels good and go with that.

Even more so than other fighting games, it's important that you actually like your character. Choose a character because you like them and you will be willing to put in the extra effort to learn the hard stuff. Every character in the game has difficult techniques, so just find a character that feels good and go with that.

But would all of them teach me the fundementals of the game? Let's say I-no, is she a good character to learn the game with?

@OnlyBreakfast

If you want to learn fundamentals, do the tutorial. Then attempt some Missions (these are hard, but you should be able to get 1/7 to give you an idea). Then go through combo mode with all characters. (Just completing what you can).

If you cant decide after all this....

You can learn the fundamentals with any character, but the way your character interacts with universal mechanics/other characters will differ based on what character you end up playing. I-No has abnormal movement mechanics such as her hoverdash which takes her airborne, unlike the majority of the cast who has a standard grounded running dash - this  alone presents a difference between her movement game and what is "the standard" for other characters. Other characters still, such as Potemkin, do not even have access to a dash and instead rely on other means to close in on opponents. Like someone else said, your best bet is to find a character that you have genuine interest (For whatever reason) in and stick it out with them and learn the game through the lense of that character. That said, if you are solely looking for a straightforward character to use while you adjust to the game before making a final decision, Faust, Ky and Sol are all good (and strong) choices.

Is "Big Blast Sonic" anywhere in the game? I went through the entire story mode and don't recall hearing it. Kinda odd since it was one of the hypest songs in the trailers.