Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

One question. As far as I´m informed the japanese PS4 Version of the game features english text even in storymode. Is this also the case for the PS3 Version?

One question. As far as I´m informed the japanese PS4 Version of the game features english text even in storymode. Is this also the case for the PS3 Version?

Yep, for both consoles.

@Yukikaze

Alright thanks, I'll do that. One last question, is this game very matchup dependant like Street Fighter 4?

While there are characters who have an edge as far as matchups go, Guilty Gear is well known for having few (if none at all) bad characters. Player skill makes or breaks it in this game, and you will se high level competitors using every character, whereas in say SF4, you'll never see Deejay, Hugo (lol Mike Ross), and so forth.

If you want an example of how strong players make any character viable, check out players like FAB, Hase, Shuuto, Tsubu, and Fino. They all play mid to low tier characters and can still run a train, granted they are just really strong players in general.

So yeah, it's not an issue if you are willing to put in the time. I play Millia, who is super S tier and I get bodied by my friends Venom frequently, lol.

mirror match + colour

I don't get it, I go into versus and pick the same color for both Kys, I see the alternate color in battle but it doesn't unlock.

Can anyone tell me what the current situation with getting Elphelt is? I purchased the game yesterday, so I was not eligible for the day one download or whatever it was.

When will she be available and how much am I going to have to pay?

I don't get it, I go into versus and pick the same color for both Kys, I see the alternate color in battle but it doesn't unlock.

it's not something to "unlock" because you only get it in a mirror match :V

it's not something to "unlock" because you only get it in a mirror match :V

Oh, ok. Welp, they weren't anything too fancy anyways. They will probably be included in the DLC color pack.

Can anyone tell me what the current situation with getting Elphelt is? I purchased the game yesterday, so I was not eligible for the day one download or whatever it was.

When will she be available and how much am I going to have to pay?

If you got the JP digital release after the Pre-order date, then you cannot get :ELP: until the 18th when Leo is released. Both will be 800Y/$8.

Do regular throws have priority over command grabs in Xrd? I tried Potemkin's command grab yesterday in online play, but the opponent's regular throw kept coming out first.

Okay, I have a few questions:

1:  How bad/good is the localization.  I already know the English voices leave something to be desired, but what about the translation itself, particularly of story mode and the glossary?  Is it Blazblue EXTEND bad, as bad as Chronophantasma, in-between, or better?  Does the English translation appear to have proper QA this time?

2:  I've been reading the PS3 Performance thread; I can't really spend the cash on a new PS4 and stick just for this game.  So, how noticeable are the issues with the PS3 version?   Does it feel like a well produced game, or are you constantly seeing tons of minor issues here and there?

3:  Netplay;  how bad is netplay, really?  Let's compare it to Persona 4 Ultimax currently.  Ranked mode there allows you to play by region, in which case I can actually get decent matches (A miracle for Arc Systems Games!)  How does that compare to Guilty Gear's online?

Okay, I have a few questions:

1:  How bad/good is the localization.  I already know the English voices leave something to be desired, but what about the translation itself, particularly of story mode and the glossary?  Is it Blazblue EXTEND bad, as bad as Chronophantasma, in-between, or better?  Does the English translation appear to have proper QA this time?

2:  I've been reading the PS3 Performance thread; I can't really spend the cash on a new PS4 and stick just for this game.  So, how noticeable are the issues with the PS3 version?   Does it feel like a well produced game, or are you constantly seeing tons of minor issues here and there?

3:  Netplay;  how bad is netplay, really?  Let's compare it to Persona 4 Ultimax currently.  Ranked mode there allows you to play by region, in which case I can actually get decent matches (A miracle for Arc Systems Games!)  How does that compare to Guilty Gear's online?

1) The dialog in the story mode is really well-written. I only noticed one typo of "your" instead of "you're" but that's about it. Menus seem fine as well.

3) I can only compare it to BBCP and it's identical in performance for me (EU here).

Quick question

Character specific combos are determined by weight, is there a list of each characters weight in xrd?

aka "light" and "heavy" "floaty" and "potemkin" combos 

Do regular throws have priority over command grabs in Xrd? I tried Potemkin's command grab yesterday in online play, but the opponent's regular throw kept coming out first.

Should a throw and a command throw meet on the same frame, the command throw wins.

Potemkin's command throw is fully in throw invul during it's startup. You may not be inputing your throw in time (online lag??) or perhaps attempt a throw during a period when your opponent is throw immune.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10021026/#Comment_10021026 Here's PozerWolfs theory on where the 30fps came from:

Playing both modes for 4+ hours, see no differences and my execution is fine. Fubar reported the frame rate differences, and I'm assuming he tested Xrd on the PS3 over at Arcade UFO. If that's the case, those PS3s are in really poor conditions, playing BlazBlue and Persona on them, players run into strange input lag and frame rate drops in the strangest situations, where as outside the venue you wouldn't run into such issues (this may be due to the consoles not being properly ventilated). If the tests were done on Xrd at that arcade, then yes, I would believe that it would be running at 30 FPS, but I'm not sure what this was tested on.

Netplay feels like netplay. Depends on who you trying to play with, and the infrastructure between you two.

Quick question

Character specific combos are determined by weight, is there a list of each characters weight in xrd?

aka "light" and "heavy" "floaty" and "potemkin" combos

Weight and their hitboxes. We don't have character weight data yet.

I imagine this was already tested. Can you input a RC and have it come out after the move you inputed the RC on? For example, inputing the RC during Sol's first 5P's recovery frames and have the RC come out during the next 5P? If yes, could this be used to get around RC restrictions like the one against RC'ing Sol's Volcanic Viper?

Thanks again in advance.

I imagine this was already tested. Can you input a RC and have it come out after the move you inputed the RC on? For example, inputing the RC during Sol's first 5P's recovery frames and have the RC come out during the next 5P? If yes, could this be used to get around RC restrictions like the one against RC'ing Sol's Volcanic Viper?

Thanks again in advance.

RCs happen immediately upon input. In the case of Red RCs, these happen instantly. Yellow and Purple RCs begin their startup right away. You can't buffer an RC during one attack and have it occur during another.

Thanks again in advance.

In addition to not being able to YRC/PRC Volcanic Viper, you can't YRC/PRC the Otoshi follow-up.

You can red RC VV fine.

How do i mash grand viper without getting an rc?

I use K and S only. Start mashing before the Grand Viper actually hits, and make sure you mash directions horizontally. Mash early and you can actually stop mashing before GV ends.

I just wanted to ask if it's possible to option select backward throws with FD such as with 4KHS, as i cannot seem to get a backward throw off with that input